BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] De Pedro Signs

mode_m - your opinion matters just as much as the opinion of anybody else.

We like to pretend we know what will happen but in reality each of us has to wait and see. That includes Souness/Wenger/Ferguson etc. They may be making educated guesses but they are guesses all the same. It's all predictions and opinions!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a left winger with 20 caps for Spain and very recent Champions League experience isn't a reason to be optimistic?

I don't understand you, I really don't.

The same could have been said about Baggio, Yorke, Babbel etc

Is Babbel still with us? Has he gone home or back to Liverpool?

the only negative thing I can see in all this - is the quotes comign from the club about what he did 2 years ago.

its a shame last season was such a lost season for him.

lets hope that he has a hunger to do well.

We are never satisfied are we. Imagine if Burnley had signed de Pedro. The whole of their magnificent supporters would have bought a shirt, just like they did when they signed Wright Wright Wright and over the hill Gazza.

We really are spoilt are we not?

We are never satisfied are we. Imagine if Burnley had signed de Pedro. The whole of their magnificent supporters would have bought a shirt, just like they did when they signed Wright Wright Wright and over the hill Gazza.

We really are spoilt are we not?

i don't remember anyone being gutted that we'd signed ferguson

However we'd better start thinking up a decent song for him

De Pedro OOOoooooooooooooOOOOOOOooooooooo

De Pedro OOOooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo

He comes from sunny Spain

More tricks than David Blaine

De Pedro OOOOOOooooooooooooOOOOOOOOooooooooooo

Tune the tune of that irritating Paddy Vieira song Arsenal sing.

Actually no that's @#/? mad.gif

I like it Dave. Over the last few days I've been busy working on a slightly different version. Spoken to McCartney, John, Dylan, Kilmister, the usual types I often turn to at times like this. Basically they reckon if you substitute "He comes from sunny Spain, More tricks than David Blaine" and add....

"He came from Sociedad, He's got a Spanish Dad"

We'll be onto a winner. Or maybe not.

Relief. Finally a left winger to balance the team out. Can't help but feel we missed out on Izzet, though:

Thompson/Emerton Ferguson Izzet De Pedro

Oozes creativity and mobility. Oh well...

Anyway, really looking forward to seeing how well De Pedro does, and for all the moaners and Scrooges out there, take a happy pill with your dinner and try and take the positives out of this - WE FINALLY HAVE A LEFT WINGER.

Also, if MGP was THAT good why haven't any of the other supposed dozen clubs who were after him made a bid yet? Hhhhhm. Plus, pace doesn't guarantee a great winger. George Donis, anyone?

As for chants, here's my two pennies worth:

"Let's go f"ck1ng mental, coz we've got Jay De Pedro,

na na naa naa, na na naa naa"

Think it's quite catchy myself.

Is Sociedad a place in Spain?

P...lease.........!!

Tell me you are joking

It doesn't actually matter does it? As Bob Dylan pointed out at the time. None of us knew where Sociedad was but with a bit of work we managed to avoid saying it is in Spain (which it may well be - I have a feeling it is actually, or Germany, wherever that is). All we did say about Spain was that de Pedro's Dad is actually Spanish. Which he undoubtedly is. Probably.

I like it Dave. Over the last few days I've been busy working on a slightly different version. Spoken to McCartney, John, Dylan, Kilmister, the usual types I often turn to at times like this. Basically they reckon if you substitute "He comes from sunny Spain, More tricks than David Blaine" and add....

Yep we're making progress here, maybe our very own Peter Cucumber can add the finishing touches thumbs-up.gif

Word of warning though, Revidge Blue has infiltrated a section of pensioners in the Jack walker stand. If De Pedro doesn't shine straight away he's gonna face a barrage of abuse from this lot. I wouldn't like to imagine the consequences of a Steven Carr style outburst on the Spanish new boy. We'll just have to make sure we make enough noise to drown out his chants of "you'll never beat John Curtis". rover.gif

The signing of De Pedro came out of the blue for me. I know that we have been looking for a left winger, but I had totally forgotten about De Pedro, but I'm delighted that we have signed him. He is a class player, who has played at the highest level, who is 30, but most importantly he is left footed! I'm also happy because he has come on a free, so maybe the money that was being used to try and bu Pedersen will be used elsewhere?

Word of warning though, Revidge Blue has infiltrated a section of pensioners in the Jack walker stand.  If De Pedro doesn't shine straight away he's gonna face a barrage of abuse from this lot.

He's not up to the task!

Doh! I've dropped me thermos flask!

They can be cruel up there.

[QUOTE]Word of warning though, Revidge Blue has infiltrated a section of pensioners in the Jack walker stand. If De Pedro doesn't shine straight away he's gonna face a barrage of abuse from this lot. I wouldn't like to imagine the consequences of a Steven Carr style outburst on the Spanish new boy. We'll just have to make sure we make enough noise to drown out his chants of "you'll never beat John Curtis". [/QUOTE]

I'm surprised he hasn't started moaning that Souness hasnt mentioned Cole when asked about De Pedro...

What about (to Robin Hood, Robin Hood riding through the Glen...):-

"De Pedro, De Pedro standing with the ball,

De Pedro, De Pedro curls it round the wall,

Hits Andy Cole,

Right on the nose,

De Pedro, De Pedro, De Pedro"

or something like that.

What about (to Robin Hood, Robin Hood riding through the Glen...):-

"De Pedro, De Pedro standing with the ball,

De Pedro, De Pedro curls it round the wall,

Hits Andy Cole,

Right on the nose,

De Pedro, De Pedro, De Pedro"

or something like that.

Oh for crying out loud, everyone knows Cole is on his way to Leicester in a £100 move. Think before you type will you?!?

Edited by Ossydave

The David Blaine chant is by far the best suggestion I think for a chant for him.

Catchy and easy to get everyone singing it.

I thought that the deal to sign De Pedro had died down, delighted we have got him, to see some magic again down the left side of the midfield.

On a free as well, great bit of business.

tinykit.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.