BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelski Transfer Madness

Chelski

The 33-year-old is the favourite player of Arkady Abramovich, Roman's son and is seen as a big enough name to expand the Blues' global market.

Carlos may face the prospect of the Stamford Bridge bench with Cole set to be handed the number 3 shirt, unless Mourinho decides to operate either Cole or the Brazilian on the left wing.

The story says that jose is only buying Carlos because he is the favourite player of roman's son :huh: Madness!

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All our Birthday's, Christmas' :xmas: and New Years' presents wrapped into one by winning us the premiership.

Carlos is stupid if he goes, surely he has enough money and just wants to play football?

Edited by modes98

But maybe he doesn't want to play 40-50 matches a year with his tired legs. That's a lot of money for not having the pressure and stress on the body that he has been. I think he'd be smart to take it.

According to Teamtalk chelski have all but tied up the ashley cole deal (90k pw) and look set to land Roberto Carlos aswell. Now to me Ashley Cole has to be their number 1 left back but I can't see Robby C settling for the stamford bridge subs bench.

Ashley Cole is one of the more overrated English players (I'm Irish, maybe not entirely neutral, but relatively so).

He's bad-tempered, which leads to terrible tackles, falls over at the slightest provocation, and is one of the poorest sportsmen I've seen in the Premiership and CL. I hope Chelski buy him! He's kind of like Rio Ferdinand. Bags of ability but a serious attitude problem.

I thought it was rather sweet. After all, Uncle Jack got us the Premiership for all our birthdays one year.

And he will live in my memory for that. God bless him, and Rovers. I've no doubt he's still hanging around Ewood somewhere on matchdays :)

I don't think Cole is in the class of someone like Zambrotta, but he is no doubt one of the best in England.

His performances in Euro 2004 were top draw. However, you're right about his temper - remember the Spain friendly with the monkey chants and Spain taking the ###### with their passing footy? Cole really lost his rag, along with a few others.

This world cup he was unimpressive and barely got the ball in the attacking third.

If Del Horno leaves, Mourinho is sure to bring someone in. Chelsea wanted Vincent Kompany but the guy wasn't going to hang around waiting for them to bid so signed for Hamburg.

I thought Mourinho's press conference yesterday was quite interesting.

A year ago he was advocating a squad of at least 23 outfield players for all the seasons campagins. Now he has cut that to; 20 outfield players and of those, four (minimum) should be sub-21 year olds.

On the man himself, Does he look 'ill' to some people at the moment? He doesn't look well at all IMO.

Edited by AussieinUk

I think his reasoning behind this is the fact that he has signed so many "big-name" players he's going to have to do some serious squad rotating to keep them happy. Therefore with fewer players there arent going to be so many unhappy bench warmers.

Yes, you're right, the shaven head definitely makes him look ill.

I don't think Cole is in the class of someone like Zambrotta, but he is no doubt one of the best in England.

His performances in Euro 2004 were top draw. However, you're right about his temper - remember the Spain friendly with the monkey chants and Spain taking the ###### with their passing footy? Cole really lost his rag, along with a few others.

This world cup he was unimpressive and barely got the ball in the attacking third.

The CL final sticks out in my mind. The game had been friendly enough, Marquez (I think) and Cole go for a ball, they end up falling over each other, Cole gets up, Marquez smiles and offers his hand, and Cole snatched his hand away, said something and went to run off. Marquez was rather teed off, and the game slipped from there.

If Del Horno leaves, Mourinho is sure to bring someone in. Chelsea wanted Vincent Kompany but the guy wasn't going to hang around waiting for them to bid so signed for Hamburg.

Speaking of hamburg, they've made some impressive acquisitions over the summer and look to be in a position to seriously shake up the Bundesliga. Which is nice. Kompany had some great sayings on signing for Hamburg. (about Lyon) "I felt that they were saying ' We are Lyon, you must come and play for us, on our terms'". About Chelski it was something along the lines of "I want to play regularly and there's no chance of that". A very promising young player. I'd dig up the link, but I really don't feel up to it. Sorry!

On the man himself, Does he look 'ill' to some people at the moment? He doesn't look well at all IMO.

That would be the Russian Mafia holding guns to the head of everyone he loves. A whole new meaning to "don't get fired".

Guys he may have a fiery temper and be a poor sportsman but he's easily in Zambrotta's class who I too rate highly. Cole was our best player at the WC, which isn't saying much but if you ask anyone in the game he's probably the best LB there is.

My friend, you are wearing your white-with-red-cross-tinted glasses. He was rubbish, but oddly enough, he didn't show enough passion (as opposed to exploding). And not throwing stones, but none of your players could be described in that fashion ("best player"). It was a dismal performance. Just hope things get better.

AC is not in Zambrotta's class. Not yet.

My friend, you are wearing your white-with-red-cross-tinted glasses. He was rubbish, but oddly enough, he didn't show enough passion (as opposed to exploding). And not throwing stones, but none of your players could be described in that fashion ("best player"). It was a dismal performance. Just hope things get better.

AC is not in Zambrotta's class. Not yet.

Football's to do with opinions mate. People like Mourinho would agree with me.

Kompany had some great sayings on signing for Hamburg. (about Lyon) "I felt that they were saying ' We are Lyon, you must come and play for us, on our terms'". About Chelski it was something along the lines of "I want to play regularly and there's no chance of that". A very promising young player. I'd dig up the link, but I really don't feel up to it. Sorry!

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=40...;a+factory'

There you go. Factory! :D !

Also Del Horno to leave

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...sea/5204474.stm

Edited by HertsRover

So with a first team squad of 20 players, what happens if four of them get injured, go down with a virus or whatever. You're left with just enough to fill the team and your bench and what if lots of outfield players go down and you don't have enough? Seems to me either Jose's on a wind up again or he's playing a very dangerous game.

Hey...

if Valencia have indeed just purchased Del Horno ---those Ayala

whispers might just truth.. (He says as it all sinks in)

(if your being sarcastic then ignore what follows and apologies in advance, its very hot and my brain works slower as a result)

:wstu:

Why? Ayala=Centre Back....Del Horno=Left Back :huh:

Edited by HertsRover

well, you'd be right to question the logic.

but in my mind, adding a younger wingback

allows you to perhaps cull an older centreback,

whose replacement can be slotted in from the squad.

Grasping, but hey-- I'd love to pair Ayala w/ Nellie and it's

no crazier than some of the other deluded stuff we read here.

:ph34r:

not exactly transfer madness but relates to chelsea

they are about to produce their accounts for auditors as part of the investigation into RA financial activity - to show and disprove any irregularities and have managed somehow to compel a judiciary to stop the full results being made public. In other words someone may have taken a vey big pay off !

it would seem that at this present time some 450 MILLION POUNDS has been through the chelsea financial doors and that their accounts stand currently at a loss of around 195 MILLION POUNDS, all this before their full accounts in November.

They are hoping that with the new sponsors, a champions league win and massive corporate sponsorship will go a long way to negating their debt.

Now then for the life of me I can not equate how winning everything for the next 4 years will allow them to overturn that much debt due to the exhorborant wages they are currently paying.

Cash turnover is currently in a negative bracket against wages paid !

so much for the 65% turnover/ratio against income :)

kenyon is now on record saying the Chelsea will try and allow 3 players out on loan for the season whislt bringing 2 new signings in.

Del Horno is off, Duff likewise. Others could be Geremi, Huth and SWP.

inbound, Carlos and Cole = total #19M

should appear on skysports news after 10pm

BRover

Premiership rules

business rules

both have rules, you just cannot write of that amount of debt in one foul swoop, there are issues such as money laundering to consider, not to mention numerous false acounting, over inflated figures,dodgy payments et al.

The Chelsea PLC or whatever they are will be severely scrutinised and puncished if they did that.

the only real way, and please feel free to elaborate more if you know the real answef, is to raise moeny through either selling the club or share issues. I am pretty certain you just cannot write off that amount of debt by simply paying in a lump sum from sugar daddy.

Premiership rules will almost certainly have an impact.

Didn't Crespo also make noises about italy?

Or has that already happened?

The other issue is: Putin reclaiming many

industries back in State hands, how long before

a standoff between Putin and RA?

Really only one winner of that, no?

Is that a chink I see in the '1000 year Reich'?

Edited by blue/white

kenyon is now on record saying the Chelsea will try and allow 3 players out on loan for the season whislt bringing 2 new signings in.

Del Horno is off.

inbound, Carlos and Cole = total #19M

So Chelseas left back situation will be

1. A Cole

2. R Carlos

3.W Bridge

Season long loan for Bridge i hear you cry?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.