BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelski Transfer Madness

Where's the Spurs transfer madness thread?

Signing Duff makes a good deal of sense (I still think he's got it - he put in a great performance for Ireland against Sweden fairly recently - albeit a crappy friendly).

But they're after Curtis Davies, who'd be their nth young English centre half.

Or make that (n-1)th English centre half because Alton Thelwell has left.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the Spurs transfer madness thread?

That's what I'm wondering. At least Chelsea's transfer madness results in them getting world class players and winning trophies. Spud's transfer madness links them with world beaters (whom they usually don't sign) and lands them in the UEFA Cup once out of every five years.

Yeah it says in the Tribal article that Abramovich Isn't happy because Cannavaro will choose Real instead of Chelsea and this is his way to get even with Real Madrid but if Kaka prefers a move to Spain not a lot Chelsea can do about it.

That's a bit of a silly thing to say when you consider that Real spent 50m on Zidane and 40m on Figo not too long ago.

My comment was about Chelski could offer £70m or whatever but if kaka wants to move to real he will, players have an amazing amount of control.

When you think about the vast amounts of money spent by chelski then compare it to real or manyoo over the years there is a massive difference. Chelski just throw money at everything, most clubs normally have a big money signing a season.

Edited by modes98

My comment was about Chelski could offer £70m or whatever but if kaka wants to move to real he will, players have an amazing amount of control.

When you think about the vast amounts of money spent by chelski then compare it to real or manyoo over the years there is a massive difference. Chelski just throw money at everything, most clubs normally have a big money signing a season.

I just wish people wouldn't demonise Chelsea.

In one season ManYoo bought Van Niestelrooy, Veron and Barthez (I think?), and they didn't win anything.

At least Chelsea spend and win!

I just wish people wouldn't demonise Chelsea.

I don't they are my favourite out of the top teams. I'd much rather have them win the league than arsenal, manyoo or liverpool. Although them losing duffer will give me 1 less reason to like them.

It's hard to see them losing next season if they get some of the players they are being linked with and with the players they have added.

I will bet with anyone that they will win the league again this season, and no it isnt because of the players, but the coach. Im sure there are coaches out there, top ones even, who would screw up even with Chelsea's squad.

With the squad they have now, maybe. However, if they were able make their own squad, like he has, I think all "top" coaches would make a success of it and a lot of mediocre ones would as well.

They are a bit like we were if anything.

Because although they do have all the money they haven't been able to attract the top names which they would have liked.

Which was like the position we were in all those years ago.

Oh I don't know.

IPB Image

"How's it going, Michael?"

IPB Image

"Ah, not bad, Andreiy. Not bad."

I know it's a squad game and all that but with the amount of top quality players they have I can't see how Chelsea can keep them all happy. Yeah, money is a factor but they'd be on megabucks anywhere and will all want to play regularly, something Chelsea cannot guarentee.

Looking at the centre mid situation at chelsea for example how on earth can they accomodate Essien Makelele, Lampard and Ballack, unless they play 3 in the middle which means either a wide player or a striker is dropped and I can't see any of the numerous players they have in those positions being happy about being rested either.

As for the coaching thing agree with eddie to an extent but also there are a lot of coaches who would mess up even with a squad like chelseas. Sadly we seem to have had a fair few of them over the years...

Looking at the centre mid situation at chelsea for example how on earth can they accomodate Essien Makelele, Lampard and Ballack, unless they play 3 in the middle which means either a wide player or a striker is dropped and I can't see any of the numerous players they have in those positions being happy about being rested either. w of them over the years...

I wouldn't be suprised if Shevchenko would start as a lone striker in their last years 4-5-1 format. Drogba and Crespo haven't really made an impact .. and that's their whole strikeforce at the moment. Playing two up front with 3 senior strikers seems a bit questionnable, as Chelsea will probably get 60+ games this season. Summer isn't over yet and Italian situation might change this picture

Other thing is that Makelele is 33 already and they'll need to start introducing his cover plan sooner or later. As Mascherano hasn't yet signed from Chelsea's Brazil-money laundry-club Corinthians, Essien is most probably Makelele's prodigee atleast now. Dropping Essien to share (roration) the anchor-role with Makelele would allow Mourinho to play Ballack and Lampard as central midfielders with Cole and Robben on wing.

Edited by budha

Looking at the centre mid situation at chelsea for example how on earth can they accomodate Essien Makelele, Lampard and Ballack, unless they play 3 in the middle which means either a wide player or a striker is dropped and I can't see any of the numerous players they have in those positions being happy about being rested either.

Chelsea played a 4-4-2 diamond formation in the latter part of last season, this is also the formation that Mourinho used succesfully at Porto. It's been widely speculated in the media that he will continue with that formation next season, the signings he has made only add fuel to that fire as well. Their strongest eleven will most probably be:

--------------Cech---------------

Ferreria--Gallas--Terry---Bridge (or another signing)

------------Makelele------------

------Essien------Lampard-----

-------------Ballack--------------

------Shevchenko--Drogba-----

Edited by LeChuck

How long will Mourinho last before he walks out I wonder..Could be the shock of next season!

Eh? Can you think of/name one single reason why Maureen would want to walk out on Chelsea?

You need to share it with us.

He gets bored with winning everything and decides to take up swordfish wrestling instead?

His wife insists he spends more time at home doing the washing up, and he can't juggle the demands of top-flight management with being up to his arms in fairy liquid?

Someone throws a half-eaten wham bar at his head it gets stuck in his coiffure and he takes a 12-month sabbatical to get it surgically removed and get treated for PTSD?

He looked fed up on Football Focus saying he liked new challanges toweards the end of last season...Obviously its just a guess but 1.He said he wants to manage Portugal one day 2.When players got big deals at Man Utd Fergie decided to retire..till he was given a new deal..The arrival of big names at Chelsea on big salaries that dwarf the managers may jcreate a confronyation with the directorst so he hrows a wobbler if he doesnt get the right pay differential.3This linked With.tired England players and leavers like the speedy Duff or Robben may give a stressful start and a season of less achievemnt and less satisfaction..Real madrid replaced enthusiam and passion with Big names and suffered ..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.