Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelski Transfer Madness

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tevez: the new Djibril Cisse.

408180[/snapback]

Tevez actually has skill so it would be hard for him not to surpass Cisse.

If anyone can get SWP, even on loan, they could have the signing of the season on their hands. The guy is too good to sit on the bench and was silly to join Chelski in the season running up to the World Cup.

Edited by rover6

I can't see Chelsea adopting a formation that doesn't use their wide talent. I think the BBC are stupid for suggesting it. They've got Duff, Robben, Cole (Who has improved in colossal strides this season), and SWP. Mourinho has said one of those will leave this summer, but that he's targetting Simao at Benfica. So it's blatantly obvious that he plans to continue working the flanks.

If Chelsea play the formation suggested by the BBC then I think I might put a little money on someone else to win the league. It doesn't matter how much talent is in that midfield, I just can't see it working.

I will see how Liverpool, United and Arsenal spend and then decide who to back.

I have a real feeling that Liverpool could push Chelsea to the wire if they spend well this summer.

Carlos is my favourite player and has been the best left back in the world for the past 5 years he has got one hell of a shot on him. if chelsea do get carlos i wonder if that means the end of del horno.

BBC's take on Chelsea formation.

I will be very surprised if the Roberto Carlos rumour has come from anywhere except his agent and ids going no further than his agent.

Chelsea will keep Gallas unless they prise Ashley Cole out of Arsenal.

408181[/snapback]

carlos is always linked. cant see any decent prem team wanting him. he's getting on now, not as good going forward and has never been able to def.

gallas will go to milan this summer (inc in shev transfer).

heard cole will leave arsenal this summer & go to barca.

chelski of course are interested, but cole doesnt see moving straight from arse - chelski as a wise move.

apparantly he plans a season or 2 in spain and then return to england (chelski or the dominant team @ the time).

by that time the arsenal fans will have calmed down a bit and will have accepted his departure.

real would be interested, providing they could flog carlos, but cole isnt enamered by real's fans after 'monkey chants' in the bernabeu or 2 occasions.

he'll still get stick in the bask derbies though.

Edited by pleasure

This may have been posted elsewhere. According to TalkSport this morning Ballack is on £130K per week. AFTER TAX. So that's £200K a week. I don't know what he sees in the place to be honest.

408161[/snapback]

We were talking about this at work today and someone mentioned that his weekly tax alone will pay for a nurse for a year. So in effect, Michael Ballack's signing will fund 52 nurses for 3 years! All in all, the tax paid by the Chelsea team probably pays for a full hospital! Looking at it that way I'm glad Abramovich wants to waste his cash in this country and not in Spain or Italy...

We were talking about this at work today and someone mentioned that his weekly tax alone will pay for a nurse for a year.  So in effect, Michael Ballack's signing will fund 52 nurses for 3 years!  All in all, the tax paid by the Chelsea team probably pays for a full hospital!  Looking at it that way I'm glad Abramovich wants to waste his cash in this country and not in Spain or Italy...

408370[/snapback]

You don't happen to work in PR do you laugh.giftongue.gif

if you say so....    withstupid.gif

408518[/snapback]

Is it 'Basque' you were referring to in your other post?

If so...neither Madrid or Barcelona are part of Basque country...and therefore couldn't be involved in a Basque derby. Simple, really.

Is it 'Basque' you were referring to in your other post?

If so...neither Madrid or Barcelona are part of Basque country...and therefore couldn't be involved in a Basque derby.  Simple, really.

408538[/snapback]

erm.... i'll stand corrected if that is the case.

barca are a basque club arent they? i know theyre catalan, but thought they were basque. sure sky mentioned barca v espanyol being 'basque derby.'

i was meaning cole would get stick off the basque clubs, like bilbao etc...

impressed by your spelling, 'le chuck.' i know how to spell 'basque' now! laugh.gif

Edited by pleasure

Barcelona are just Catalan. Being Catalan and Basque would be like being Welsh and Northern Irish!

The Basque country is a pocket of the country, culturally, linguistically and historically distinct from the rest of spain (and even runs a little into France), even more so than the Catalans. Anyhow here's the wiki page:

Baque Country

There are three basque teams: Real Sociedad, Athletic Bilbao and Deportivo Alves (beaten by liverpool in the Uefa cup final a few years back).

Bilbao are the only ones who have the Basque only player policy. And they still managed to finish 13th- food for thought?

ps. Just looked into it. THey have operated the Basque only system ("cantera") since 1920 odd and still been a top club throughout most of the peiod since. They have supplied more players to the Spain national team than any other club and eight league championships including back to back titles in '82 and '83.

And, to prove it is not something that can't happen in contemprary football, they managed to come second in 1998 and have not been relegated in ages if at all.

Edited by joey_big_nose

For a moment, I thought about posting a link to a Basque site, but the joke being it would be for the womens underwear basque and I would make a comment along the lines of one for Roversmum or Abbey or something but I couldn't be arsed in the end.

For a moment, I thought about posting a link to a Basque site, but the joke being it would be for the womens underwear basque and I would make a comment along the lines of one for Roversmum or Abbey or something but I couldn't be arsed in the end.

408888[/snapback]

biggrin.gif

I hereby nominate the said candidate, ozziejones, to be the next LET Rovers fan on RoverAllview or whatever crappy pun they decide to use referring to BRFC.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Has it occured to anyone that if Chelsea keep purchasing players just to loan them back out, when Chelsea play the teams their players are at then that player can not play. Therefore Chelsea get to play a weakened side more often than not.

Where do you draw the line?

Is there a rule on how many players one team can loan out or could Chelsea in theory end up owning half the players in the league?

As far as I know teams can loan out as many players as they want, alsodon't think theres a rule about how many players you loan out to teams in the same league.

I'm sure though if Chelsea did start loaning too many out the Premier League would have to make some kind of rule and lets face it only Chelsea have the money to build a large squad.

• 1 month later...

Note how that site has Mido as part of our squad list. :blink:

Transfer Thread yesterday posted by unleaded and discussed (about 5 pages back...ish)

Ozzie the figure is the sites estimated value of the player and has no basis on fact. Anderton= €3.5m

Edited by modes98

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.