BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelski Transfer Madness

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The figures are simply astonishing. Its probably more than most 3rd world countries GNP p.a. .... how sad is that.

Well said. The amount that Abramovich has spent in his short time at Chelsea is incredible. Chelsea has signed too many players for too much money in my opinion and for what? No success as of yet.

Chelsea have signed some very good players, yet they have signed some players who haven’t really hit it off, players such as Mutu come to mind.

Abramovich`s spending power is incredible to offer the amount of money to a club for a player, no matter who it is, is simply too much to reject.

The players that they have added or are going to soon have to win something this year at Chelsea, or they will be deemed as failures in my opinion.

NEW DUO AT STAMFORD BRIDGE

LAMPARD TO SIGN NEW BLUES DEAL

BBC reports that Chelskov's spending over the last year is approximately 190 MILLION.

I'm too shocked to be properly shocked. huh.gif

It’s incredible. I can’t actually believe that one person has generated so much money as Abramovich has done.

What I have noticed is that Mourinho in my opinion has had more of a say in the transfers at Chelsea. I did defend Ranieri, as I think he’s a quality manager and was treated unfairly.

But one thing that I have noticed between Ranieri and Mourinho is that Mourinho stamped his authority on the place, told the board what he wanted and that’s final.

I think Chelsea’s current spending since Abramovich has been at Stamford Bridge is currently at £182M.

Drogba joins Chelsea

I think he'll be first team choice.

Trust me, he is really good.

Real Madrid wanted him too!!!

Didn't Porto let him go and sign him back up when they realised their mistake.

The European club champions must be laughing. Having sold Deco for a ridiculously bloated fee, they're going to sell Carvalho for something stupid.

Meanwhile, they're bring in Diego and Seiteridis for loose change.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

In the wake of Ballack signing most of the talk I have read on the BBC and elsewhere is that the first choice midfield will be Ballack, Lampard, Makelele and Essien. Apparently few believe Duff, Robben and Wright-Phillips have much of a future and J Cole will have to be content on the bench.

After losing his England spot I bet SWP is left a wondering what to do. And there are persistent reports that Robben has fallen out with Mourinho.

While Chelsea will obviously want cover for their 4 simultaneous competitions these two could well be off in the summer...

Where to?

For me they are well out of Rover's reach in terms of salary, but I can see Robben at Liverpool and Peirce somehow scraping together the cash to get SWP loaned back on his current salary.

The commentaries I have read suggest thyat Essien will give way for Ballack with one out of Joe Cole, Duff and Robben making up the numbers.

However, the Chelsea formation is likely to evolve again- there was a fascinating article which was referenced on here from the BBC suggesting 4-2-2-2 next season as the next mutation after 4-3-3 or was it 4-3-2-1 this year.

As for personnel, it seems Chelsea will finally get Shevchenko and are stalking Etoo and Tevez. On the way out, it seems that SWP (who was far worse than Emo if we are honest about his Ewood appeareance) is on his way although the wistful noises Psycho is making from Eastlands tells us everything about his lack of spending ability this summer.

Crespo is probably makeweight for Shevchenko which means Gudjohnsen goes when either Etoo or (more likely) Tevez arrive.

Gallas won't go as at the moment I am struggling to think of anyone better. If Chelsea get pushed around by player power, who is safe? Personally, I hope Abramovich leaves Gallas to rot rather than give in.

Even though Liverpool and Arsenal (with or without Henry) will be significantly stronger next season but I guess Mourinho/Abramovich will have raised the bar a little too high again. I cannot see how the Glazered Mancs can compete and expect next season will be RFW's last. However, with Serie A due to restart whilst the transfer window is still open, who knows how many Italian/Brasilian/Argentinian/Czech/Swedish internationals will be available for hire when August comes round?

If Chelski were to line up with a midfield of;

Ballack Lampard Makelele Essien

Not in that sort of formation, i think that they will severely lack width which would have to be provided by the full-backs. Their midfield looks very top heavy to me with everything weighted towards the middle of the pitch and very little in ways of width. They will have plenty of width on the bench with players like JC, SWP, Duffer and Robben but their starting line-up will lack it.

But then again i don't think that they are going to need any width if they sign Tevez and Shevchenko. If those two sign on top of Ballack i think the league is already over. Manure, L'Pool & Arsenal would not be able to compete with their squad as they simply do not have the funds or the players to be able to match Chelsea man for man.

The same figure was also mentioned on ITV News and BBC News.

Thats a lot of money just to kick a ball around. It also said on Talksport that Lampard is on 106k a week so is Terry and people like Ronaldinho are on 116k at Barcelona.

Personally i have never understood what is so great about Ballack, he's always looked quite ordinary to me.

This may have been posted elsewhere. According to TalkSport this morning Ballack is on £130K per week. AFTER TAX. So that's £200K a week. I don't know what he sees in the place to be honest.

408161[/snapback]

That's not going to go down too well with a certain Mr Rio Ferdinand. biggrin.gif He'll be wanting a pay rise..........

CARLOS TO CHELSKI???????

I know these gossip columns are not really that believable but its linking Carlos with Chelsea, Pennant with a move anywhere and Newcastle having a 25million clear out.

408158[/snapback]

carlos going to chelski would be a great signing for them and for english football imo.

ballack on 130k a week is a joke, he's a good player n all but i bet he won't be complaining to much when he's sitting on the bench and collecting his wages at the end of ther week.

with formation wise, if chelsea play ballack, lampard, essien and makelele in midfield, all central midfielders reallythe signing of carlos with give more width with the fullbacks i.e ferrera and carlos bombing forward>?

But then again i don't think that they are going to need any width if they sign Tevez and Shevchenko. If those two sign on top of Ballack i think the league is already over. Manure, L'Pool & Arsenal would not be able to compete with their squad as they simply do not have the funds or the players to be able to match Chelsea man for man.

408157[/snapback]

Isn't the general consensus that Shevchenko is nowhere near the player he was five or six years ago? I mean, he probably wouldn't add a great deal more to the team than Crespo currently does.

Tevez: the new Djibril Cisse.

Ballack: an off-the-pitch disruption waiting to happen.

R Carlos: will sell a few shirts, but Real would be glad to get rid of him.

I still don't think Chelsea will have anyone of the calibre of Rooney, Gerrard or Henry next season.

(dredge up this thread when they've won the league next March...)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.