BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelski Transfer Madness

Meantime Spuds sre sniffing around Joe Cole and various other likely victims of the Mourinho axe.

Five Live has been reporting a bid of £5m for Jeremy and J Cole - seems cheap?

Not when you consider they will be earning 5m a year in wages.

As one of the very few clubs able to pay those types of wages, Spuds are joining Boro as the place where high paid cast-offs confirm their status as failures.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit concerned...I really do hope they have some revolving doors at Stamford Bridge or the doorman will be permanently doing his shoulder in with all the comings and goings he has to hold the door for.

So that is Duffers new role now they have signed van Robben...?

Meantime Spuds sre sniffing around Joe Cole and various other likely victims of the Mourinho axe.

Five Live has been reporting a bid of £5m for Jeremy and J Cole - seems cheap?

Is that Jeremy Paxman the broadcaster or Geremi the footballer?

You knew full well what he meant bud.

I'm a bit concerned...I really do hope they have some revolving doors at Stamford Bridge or the doorman will be permanently doing his shoulder in with all the comings and goings he has to hold the door for.

So that is Duffers new role now they have signed van Robben...?

With Duffer's dodgy shoulder ? Doubt It ohmy.gif

It'd be more Chelski's style to bid £15m for someone else's doorman, then relegate them to a meaningless 'squad rotation' system

After reading all the press and web crap about all the Russian money at Chelsea I have decided that the ''if you can't beat em join em'' principle should apply so from now on I'm AKA Pissedoffski.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

All this gossip, if 50% true is giving me hope that Duff will return on loan this fall. It's still a long shot, but you have to wonder when they are letting players signed last summer go by the dozen (well almost).

I'd love Duffers back as much as the next Yob... but why in the world would Duffers want to return to Ewood? He'll have his choice of club, ones with European football on their agenda, sadly. sad.gif

What I am also finding fascinating is that Chelsea can't buy all the people on their wish list as so many are turning them down. And that Kenyon is nowhere ner as clever s he thought he was. i wonder how long Roman will tolerate him.

I guess they're put off by the size of the squad, and that it seems to be a group of talented individuals, rather than a close knit team. You may be the bees knees one season, but then another player may be signed and take your place the next.

I guess they're put off by the size of the squad, and that it seems to be a group of talented individuals, rather than a close knit team. You may be the bees knees one season, but then another player may be signed and take your place the next.

The way Abromovich has run the club has been appalling and belies the fact that it is essentially a game to him (I know techinically football is a game, but you know what I mean). Everybody realised that in investing all the money the russian would be holding the reigns but it has been amazing just how involved he has been. He lacks any real startegy for winning the title beyond a simple formulae of buying the best (whether that means coahes or players) and has wasted a obscene amount of cash doing it.

It does not bode well for Chelsea at all, it suggests impatience and a lack of commitment and if Chelsea win the title and the Champions League or alternative do very badly you have to wonder whether he will just walk away.

He is upgrading thestadium and so on yet the capricous nature of the bloke means nothing is for certain.

Imagine if he left after next season, with more signings on silly wages now and in January. The wage bill will be well over 100% of turnover, and the debts will soon put them where they were before he came. Cue a trumphalist return of Jesus, sorry Ken Bates, and incidence of gobsh_tedness in West London will increase by 509%. The Kings Road Mincers will then be guided into even more debt, and then close down completely.

As this is happening Duff goes to Man Utd to cut the debts, sparking another 30,000,000,000,000,000 messages on Blackburn website brfcs.biz about the player. Subjects will range from whether he left, or was sold against his will, how annoying it is he plays for Man Utd., and will he ever come back.

I can't believe Duff's going to United......

Anyway - for all the money they've spent on players I can only think of one player who is more or less guaranteed a start, and that is Lampard. Who was already at the club!

Sure the boy Duff was getting a lot of games but when he was injured, as he is now by all accounts, Chelsvich nip out and buy van Robben. I'm sure Duff is delighted and looking forward to next season no end.

Why would any "top" player go to Chelsea? Not guaranteed a game, may never start (Scott Parker anyone?), no continuity of selection, no "team" understanding, and perhaps most importantly, no semblance of an overall long term strategy as to what they are doing. I'd imagine that the players who have turned down moves to The Bridge have down so because they don't see any credibility in the club. Raul: "Who are they trying to buy this week? Oh me. I don't think so, what was I? 4th choice Galactico on their list?"

(Of course there is the small matter of £90k a week to ease the pain for the likes of Veron - now on loan I believe - so they're probably still paying some of his wages.)

All this gossip, if 50% true is giving me hope that Duff will return on loan this fall. It's still a long shot, but you have to wonder when they are letting players signed last summer go by the dozen (well almost).

I'd love Duffers back as much as the next Yob... but why in the world would Duffers want to return to Ewood? He'll have his choice of club, ones with European football on their agenda, sadly. sad.gif

It would not hurt to pick up the phone and ask if they might want to loan him back to us, all they can say is sod off.

I sort of hope this new boss falls flat on his face, Ranieri seemed like a really good bloke and was funny and would have most likely won the title but for Arsenals fantastic season. Poor fella really got crapped on. I already don't like this new fella he seems smug and arrogant. Portugese isn't he? he must have had Abramovich slip the Swiss ref a bung, new theory.

Anyway, I was supporting Chelsea last year as my second team in memory of one of my friends who passed away too young, he was a big Chelsea fan. I can't do it this season, not with that manager I don't think.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Chelsea have allegedly agreed on a fee with PSV Eindhoven for Mateja Kezman.

Sky Sports

No word on the size of the fee, but whatever it is, I simply can't understand what's going on. I've heard nothing but good things about Kezman, but he had been linked with Newcastle and Birmingham (read: places where he could have gotten a game), so to go to Chelsea is a bit puzzling in my mind.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Chelsea have allegedly agreed on a fee with PSV Eindhoven for Mateja Kezman.

He's signed.

I'm with with most on this one. Why would he? Money!

I heard a lot about Kezman a few years ago from a mate of mine from Belgrade. He used to say he was ace but couldn't score to save his life.

The more intruiging issue for me is that why do English teams keep buying players from the Balkans? Not one who ever came here has done well; Milosevic -Villa no hoper, Acimovic - Spurs misfit, Suker- Arsenal, West Ham useless git, Stanic -Chelsea one goal hero, Balaban - Villa (again!) one appearance waste, Jokanovic - another Chelsea 2 game player who came for his pension money. I'm sure the list goes on but can't think of any more right now.

They don't like the physical side of the game, but like the money. They are the international version of scousers, great when it goes well for them but if it goes wrong they argue like mad and give up. They play a lot better in Spain and Italy where it's warmer and slower.

incorrect he has NOT signed as yet. the deal is subject to two things happening.

firstly he must gain a work permit

secondly and more importantly Crespo must agree to a season long loan to Italy.

Other news today from the russki's world of madness is that he has reportedly made a personal invitation to Rooney and his agent to stay with him on his yacht to discuss what it is Rooney would like to sign for chelsea !

he has also agreed to pay any players wages if they go out on a season loan up front and in full and at the moment there is a list of 16 players that the club want out of the club, the problem is that all of them apart from Bogarde and Melchiot are on massive wages, JFH has reportedly been paid twice his annual bonus/salary just to agree to move on.

Mutu is refusing to leave on loan as he feels he is still the number 1 striker and came back training a week early only to find the training ground closed !

eh lad its a funny old world ! unsure.gif

I heard a lot about Kezman a few years ago from a mate of mine from Belgrade. He used to say he was ace but couldn't score to save his life.

hes been averaging a goal a game for the past 2-3 seasons and very lethal in the box

Kezman is very good.l

Good signing for Chelsea.

He's good, but I don't think he's world class. If Chelsea are serious about going for the Premiership and the Champions League then they should be looking at the players a level above him.

Kezman is very good.l

Good signing for Chelsea.

He's good, but I don't think he's world class. If Chelsea are serious about going for the Premiership and the Champions League then they should be looking at the players a level above him.

you are saying they should buy only stars?

Don't agree with that!!

Kezman is very good but can get better.

Mourinho did that with Nuno Valente, Paulo Ferreira (that he bought) and Maniche, Ricardo carvalho, Helder Postiga improved their game a lot.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.