SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelski Transfer Madness

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea trying again to buy Drogba.

Mourinho has said at the press conference a couple of days back that he would like one more striker, you never know with Chelsea now because of their spending power all they have to do is wave a cheque in your face and they’ve got the player.

Mourinho in my opinion is playing it well under the media spotlight

Chelsea set to buy £24m Drogba

• 2 weeks later...

This transfer story takes yet another twist.

If Chelsea can get Drogba, I think they have got a brilliant signing. He’s a goal machine, strong, powerful with pace and can finish everything what a good striker needs.

I’ve watched him a few times in the European Competitions last year and I was impressed with him, he does have a heated temperament if things don’t go his way.

He ripped Newcastle apart with his pace, so he should do it to us.

Drogba 'heading to Chelsea'

He’s a goal machine

I wouldn't describe Drogba as that. He has scored a few in the last 2 seasons but in the past he has never really been a big scorer. The lad Kezman is a goal machine, he's got a better scoring record for PSV that Van Nistlerooy.

Tiago for Chelsea!!

Here it is reported it's for 10 to 12 million Euros.

Very good player, young (23) and still a lot to progress!!

he is a centre midfield.

So, who do you think will leave Chelsea after Tiago is in?

That is, if anyone leaves.

i dont think anyone will be leaving, those two signings, tiago and drogba will take the squad size to 22 which the manager wants

thats excluding goalkeepers because theres six of them! sureley they dont need that many!

If memory serves what he said was that he wouldn't sign any more players after Chelsea leave for their pre-season tour later on this week, clearly intended to send a message to his remaining transfer targets - if they want to get their hands on a fistful of roubles they better get a move on, or words to that effect.

Tchocky, Mourinho talked of those tranfers recently.

he said they had to be made till yesterday or maybe tomorrow.

Maybe we can get one of their goalies on loan, to prevent a similar situation to the one that hapenned last season.

I was chatting to a Gooner this weekend, and he said that he actually wants Chelsea to win the permiership ths year. That way, Roman will be happy, will have achieved what he set out to achieve and can then sod off and get involved in another sport or club, thus leaving Chelsea up the proverbial creek without so much as a boat, let alone a paddle.

Right you are, it appears now (accoring to ESPN) that Drogba has signed for around £24 million, while Tiago has passed a medical and only has to accept the contract offer.

Madness indeed. Surely there must be some departures after pre-season when he has had a better look at everyone?

Right you are, it appears now (accoring to ESPN) that Drogba has signed for around £24 million, while Tiago has passed a medical and only has to accept the contract offer.

Madness indeed. Surely there must be some departures after pre-season when he has had a better look at everyone?

maybe a few bargins, but also likely every player is on a stuidly high wage and thats why their fees maybe lower

I was chatting to a Gooner this weekend, and he said that he actually wants Chelsea to win the permiership ths year. That way, Roman will be happy, will have achieved what he set out to achieve and can then sod off and get involved in another sport or club, thus leaving Chelsea up the proverbial creek without so much as a boat, let alone a paddle.

Surprised really about the stick Abramovich gets. Whilst his spending is exceptional, why complain when a multi millionaire invests in a football club ? (Didn't do our litle club any harm a while back).

My boss is currently at loggerheads with a bunch of amateurs running a premiership club (It'll take you about two minutes to figure out which one). They regularly pull in sellout gates for home matches, spend very little on players and are apparently skint.

He has been offered £30m by two seperate parties that I know of and still they dismiss changes in the day to day administration and structure of the board.

Add to that a suggestion three years ago that they invest around £65k improving the sales and concessions areas that would have netted them at least £200k pa, and they refused. Pathetic.

It'll be interesting to see how this one pans out. Without change, I'm tipping them to go down in spectacular style next season.

Goalkeepers:

Carlo Cudicini

Neil Sullivan

Petr Cech

Marco Ambrosio

Jurgen Macho

Defenders:

Paulo Ferreira

Glen Johnson

Celestine Babayaro

Wayne Bridge

William Gallas

John Terry

Robert Huth

Midfielders:

Boudewijn Zenden

Alexei Smertin

Arjen Robben

Claude Makelele

Frank Lampard

Joe Cole

Damien Duff

Geremi

Scott Parker

Tiago

Strikers:

Mateja Kezman

Adrian Mutu

Eidur Gudjohnsen

Drogba

Total of:

6 Goalkeepers

7 Defenders

10 Midfielders

4 Strikers

First team:

Cech

Ferreira - Terry - Gallas - Bridge

Robben - Lampard - Makelele - Duff

Drogba - Kezman

Reserves:

Cudicini

Johnson - Huth - Gallas - Babayaro

Parker - Geremi - Tiago - Cole

Mutu - Gudjohnsen

What a failure it will be if they dont win anyting this season...!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.