BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelski Transfer Madness

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revidge, you have obviously forgotten Rovers received £17.7m cash on the nail with no deductions for Duff.

Your sums don't work.

If only.

Phil I know you have always insisted this was the case, but don't know where you dreamt up this notion.

It was in the press at the time that Abromovich had paid the money up front.Coming back to Kenyon, he was getting some stick recently and it was said by at least one quality writer that Kenyon was not as clever as he thought he was.

We are already seeing the credibility of Chelski going down hill. David Trezequet and Andriy Shevchenko turned down possible moves. Players are only worth cheap meat in Abromovich’s eyes, starting to catch up with him.

I wonder if we can get a nice loan signing from this KAKA for brains called Roman Abromovich. dry.gif

In some ways I feel sorry for Roman. I don't think he quite expected it to be like this when he bought Chelsea, the same way it hit Sven after all the Ulrika stories etc. I presume he's a fan like all of us but his knowledge of the players aren't as well versed so he does what most people in management do, they hire the best people to surround them to help disguise his lack of knowledge. Unfortunately the people around him (Kenyon and co) think it's fun to buy any player they want with someone elses money (like in Champ man) and on some occassions, they've bought players (in my opinion) to get one over someone else (i.e Ferguson) rather than any real need for them.

If anything it proves the point that money can buy you many things but in no certain terms bring you happiness.

There seems to be an inconsistency between the information publicly given out by the club at the time of the Dunn and Duff transfers and what the Fans' Football Forum is being told.

Dunn's transfer was apparently stalled whilst the Rovers negotiated away the Brum clauses tying payment to Brum survival in the Prem. This was widely reported at the time of the transfer and whilst contingency payment clauses remained relating to the player's performance/achievement, I clearly recall the Rovers announcing that the deal was not dependent on Brum staying up.

Similarly, the Duff deal was hailed by the club as being all cash with Chelsea meeting all incidental costs.

Unfortunately, the timing of the transfer deals relative to the Club's financial year end means it will be difficult to see which version (or perhaps most likely, something in between) turned out to be correct.

T1MJ I was typing up something very long looking into manegerial changes at the two clubs, lack of any concrete evidence to support the theory, and the player being somewhat unavaiable for lengthy negotiations as a result of Euro 2004 making your story sound totally untrue...however I just can't be bothered, and am inclined to simply say that its total crap. Either give us all the information you know and be done with it, or admit that you are just making this up because you have nothing better to do and pi$$ing around

I've told you all you need to know, he will become a Chelsea player for £31m. What more do you want me to do, get you the receipt? I didn't ask anyone to beleive me, your entitled to your opinions, but i know its a done deal and will be announced shortly.

Just read ANOTHER rumour about Chelsea being interested in sending away Scott Parker and Damien Duff - both signed for high fees last season - to get Steven Gerrard to Stamford Bridge.

This guy pays big money for a bunch of players, gets his team to a 2nd place in the league, sacks the manager and tries to swap every new face he's got to get new players.

Where is the loyalty, where is the humanity ?

I wasn't all that negative to Abrahamovic in the beginning, but I'm starting to lose it here.. This isn't ChampMan, Mr. Abrahamovic !

Anyone got thoughts about this?

Mods; merge away if this isn't suitable for a topic of it's own, just wasn't sure where to put this...

This rumour came out sometime last week, Chelsea have denied it. Mourinho has also said he doesn't want Deco because Joe Cole has a bright future.

I really trust Mourinho on that.

He won't bring a player to Chelsea to be a substitute.

I think that Robben and Duff will be their left wingers.

Most of the news concerning Chelsea are false.

Media just have fun with teams like them and Real Madrid that spend a lot of money on transfers. It's easy to create rumours biggrin.gif

Gerrard IMO is a different class, and most Liverpool fans i talked with would not be happy with Duff and Parker if they lost Gerrard.

Duff has two great abilities, one is running with the ball past players, and the other is consistently being a sicknote, when he is injured it takes him 2 month just to regain form.

Duff would have done little to nothing for us last season, like he did for Chelsea.

BTW RevidgeBlue we would have bought Gresko, Amo and Emerton and possibly Reid without selling Duff anyway, Emerton and Amo were signed before Duff was sold.

The players that have come for Duff fee is particularly Ferguson, Stead, De pedro and wages of Gray, and possibly any future signings.

Ferguson is not a sick note, hes been consistent for many years, unlucky injury, don't think this will be a common theme.

I'm not amazed Chelsea maybe replacing Duff with Robben

I'm not amazed Chelsea maybe replacing Duff with Robben

Considering the number of games they'll probably have next season, i think Duff and Robben can be fighting for a first place all season. (at least, when duff is not injured)

Larsson to play for Barcelona for the next two seasons.

Man utd made a £22 million for Rooney who already said he wants to stay in the north.

Newcastle offered £5million for Hatem Trabelsi of Ajax.

They are also interested in James beattie. £6 million for him.

Oliver Kahn will definetelly leave Bayern Munique.

Where is the loyalty, where is the humanity ?

your being sarcastic?surley?

Theres been no loyalty in football since as far back as i can rememeber and i was born in 1967.......

I think the loyalty should be nomoinated for the annual Grooby award...cheeers matey Ive had my first smile on my face since Thursday. thumbs-up.gif

Gerrard IMO is a different class, and most Liverpool fans i talked with would not be happy with Duff and Parker if they lost Gerrard.

Scousers used to enjoy a reputation for being the most knowledgable fans in the country...........well this sure explodes that myth! However Chris I do agree with your belief that Gerrard is indeed 'different class' to Duffer! rover.gif

Gerrard is a damned good Sat aftenoon player without question but various adjectives that commonly accompany his name eg 'great' and 'world class' are miles wide of the mark. I dont know if Opta is up to date but I feel our Stevie might just be the top English player to have given the ball away more than any other in Portugal.

imo in a Fantasy Football situation Gerrards value to us would be as a replacement for Flitty. He would do well as a 'water carrier' for Tugay who possesses more footballing talent in his big toe than Gerrard has in his entire body.

your being sarcastic?surley?

Theres been no loyalty in football since as far back as i can rememeber and i was born in 1967.......

I think the loyalty should be nomoinated for the annual Grooby award...cheeers matey Ive had my first smile on my face since Thursday. thumbs-up.gif

Allright, I see your point.. thumbs-up.gif

My point was, how are Chelsea supposed to get a good team spirit in their team if they keep offering players in every direction?

However, I'd say swapping Gerrard for 20 million pounds plus Duffer and Parker would be a fairly good deal, even though Duffer is injured a lot and Gerrard is top-class.

Chelsea are doing what Inter, with Massimo Moratti, did for most of the 1990s - on an even larger scale. Inter didn't win much, I wonder if Chelsea will.

Another negative about Chelsea's 'player collecting' is that youngsters like Carlton Cole, Alexei Nicholas and even Joe Cole and those who are in the youth teams, will have no chance.

By now, Carlton Cole should be competing for an England squad place - he's that good. But it looks like his career is going to be a series of loan moves at first, which is definitely not good for his progress.

Chelsea are doing what Inter, with Massimo Moratti, did for most of the 1990s - on an even larger scale. Inter didn't win much, I wonder if Chelsea will.

Another negative about Chelsea's 'player collecting' is that youngsters like Carlton Cole, Alexei Nicholas and even Joe Cole and those who are in the youth teams, will have no chance.

By now, Carlton Cole should be competing for an England squad place - he's that good. But it looks like his career is going to be a series of loan moves at first, which is definitely not good for his progress.

Inter did it but so did Lazio when Sven Göran Eriksson was their manager and although he did win the Serie A title, it did go pearshape the following year (some claim it was due to him announcing his departure) but I think it would have happen sooner or later.

Swopping and changing won't help anyone - players or management. The manager will be under huge pressure to win things and the players won't be happy sitting on the bench/missing matches, they may tolerate it while the team is winning but that'll change the minute they start to lose matches.

Chelsea has to be toughest job in football and Mourinho may have won 2 European titles but that was without any pressure from the fans nor board whereas at Chelsea, throphies will be demanded and it'll be interesting to see how he copes.

Another name to add to that list Rover 6 is Filipe Oliveira, the young Portuguese player. Very talented striker.

agree with you 6. and just to draw a parallel to the above, remember nicola ventola? talented, quick, skillful striker who broke onto the inter scene back in the middle/late 90s as a teenager, but moratti's constant purchasing of big name strikers led to him being frozen out and let out on loan to various teams for many seasons. think it seriously hampered his progress. when he first came on, he looked like one of the brightest talents in italy. look what happened to him.

Chelsea are turning into the biggest joke since Burnleh fc were formed and thats saying something!......the whole club and setup are completely false.

People have a go at Rovers so-called 'Plastic support'(blah, blah,blah) but their neuvo 'fans' are no better as I can remember attendances of around 20K for some games in the early to mid 90's at the Bridge.

Comparisons to Jack Walker? dont even go there...Abramovich is on a massive ego trip,nothing more nothing less,he cares not a dot for chelsea's past traditions nor for the feeling or opinion of its support....a dangerous type to have at the helm of any club in my opinion.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

I think that people are falling media rumours too much.

As any other team, they want to make the better squad they can.

They have to many players so it's normal they want to sell/loan them.

So far (for next season) they only bought Paulo Ferreira and Robben.

And I don't understand why you underestimate a team that won almost everything in two seasons in a row (FCP only lost portuguese cup and Uefa Supercup).

Comparisons to Jack Walker? dont even go there...Abramovich is on a massive ego trip,nothing more nothing less,he cares not a dot for chelsea's past traditions nor for the feeling or opinion of its support....a dangerous type to have at the helm of any club in my opinion.

Well said mate.

Incidentally, Peter Kenyon has received a formal complaint about Chelsea's behaviour at a recent charity event. Repton Boys Club have written to Kenyon to express disappointment that Chelsea representatives twice ignored a table receipt at the function, that they did not enter into the spirit of the occasion and were rude to others at the function in east London.

Repton Chairman David Robinson said: "Chelsea's behaviour on the night was appalling. They were rude to our helpers. They didn't bring any auction item to the event like a signed shirt. It makes me angry that you hear of Abramovich reserving three restaurants in Portugal before choosing which one to go to with his wife, and yet his club twice failed to pay for a charity dinner table. Why come to a fund-raising night if you're not prepared to support the beneficiaries?"

A Chelsea spokesman said: "We apologise for the late payment. We are not aware of any problems over behaviour."

Remember our old friend Alan Nixon? The journalist who likes writing about Rovers claims that Steven Gerrard is set to shortly move to Chelsea, breaking Rio Ferdinand's British transfer record. According to Nixon, Scott Parker may be involved as part of a player-swap deal worth over £30m, but Damien Duff will not be leaving Stamford Bridge.

Link below:

http://www.people.co.uk/tm_objectid=143502...-name_page.html

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.