BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelski Transfer Madness

The Observer is reporting Chelsea will make a bid of £50m - fifty - for Steven Gerrard. Personally I'd take the money and run laughing all the way to the bank. Who needs a Thai PM when Abramovic is around?

He’s taken the financial level of football to a new level where the majority of clubs now are left behind.

Any player he fancies he’s likely to offer a huge amount of money and expect them to come.

Recently several players across Europe have rejected the chance simply because they realise they won’t a game, players like Crespo, Mutu probably wish they hadn’t signed for Chelski.

I doubt Gerrard will leave for Chelsea. If he was to leave Liverpool I bet it would be a move abroad.

See Abramovich last night at the Russia game, he looked like a little kid!

BLUES EYE GERRARD MOVE

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

latest round up of money mad abramovich's footie club

they have reportedly (and rumours are rife around S bridge) that the club have in principle agreed a 16 million pound transfer of Deco and have set in place a deal for steve Gerrard for a mighty £54 million, this includes an annual salary of 5.5 million a year for him !

Outward bound rumours are that joe cole is available for a year loan, melchiot is off, jfh,mutu,gallas,cudicini are all offski.

the hotel is being pulled down and they are hoping to get planning permission to rebuild a triple tiered stand in 150 days ! This would take the cpapcity to around 62k

Money no object eh ? thumbs-up.gif

latest round up of money mad abramovich's footie club

they have reportedly (and rumours are rife around S bridge) that the club have in principle agreed a 16 million pound transfer of Deco and have set in place a deal for steve Gerrard for a mighty £54 million, this includes an annual salary of 5.5 million a year for him !

Outward bound rumours are that joe cole is available for a year loan, melchiot is off, jfh,mutu,gallas,cudicini are all offski.

the hotel is being pulled down and they are hoping to get planning permission to rebuild a triple tiered stand in 150 days ! This would take the cpapcity to around 62k

Money no object eh ? thumbs-up.gif

forget the players leaving. . .

pulling the hotel down?

wow! that's got to be one hell of a write off!

Everton might just sell for the right price.

Everton can't afford to sell Rooney. Lets imagine he earns £20k a week, if they were to receive a £25-30m bid for Rooney that would simply give them cash to spend on players, it wouldn't provide them with the money to fund those new players wages. Far better for Everton to keep Rooney and try to attract quality players to work with him. Five new players simply means 5 new salaries to cover. Even if they only got £10k per week it still means Everton increasing their wage bill.

Everton might just sell for the right price.

Everton can't afford to sell Rooney. Lets imagine he earns £20k a week, if they were to receive a £25-30m bid for Rooney that would simply give them cash to spend on players, it wouldn't provide them with the money to fund those new players wages. Far better for Everton to keep Rooney and try to attract quality players to work with him. Five new players simply means 5 new salaries to cover. Even if they only got £10k per week it still means Everton increasing their wage bill.

Since when was money, usually something which goes towards funding things, not a useful asset in funding players wages?

It doesn't all have to go on signing players. If Moyes had any wit he'd use if for fees AND wages.

In the current climate that doesn't add up.

Financially one should never spend capital on running costs. Wayne Rooney is a captial asset for Everton, probably the biggest they have after the ground. Your average PL player earns what, say £1m for easy maths. So we get:

Sell Rooney + £30m

Buy 5 players @ £3m - £15m

Agents fees etc - £2m

5 x 3 year contract @ £1mpa - £15m

LOSS £2m in three years!

All of a sudden £30m received for Rooney has been spent AND more on five players and wages in three years. What are those players worth in three years time - probably bugger all.

If Everton sell Rooney they would be better off using all the cash to pay off their debts of £60/70m. On these they will be paying at least £3.5m PA, probably nearer £5-6m PA. This frees up income to run the club.

Selling Duff was very good business for Rovers and for much the same reasons Rovers could not afford to spend all the Duff money. The days of big transfers are over for the likes of Rovers and Everton, we need all our money just to pay the players we attract on small fees.

The Observer is reporting Chelsea will make a bid of £50m - fifty - for Steven Gerrard. Personally I'd take the money and run laughing all the way to the bank. Who needs a Thai PM when Abramovich is around?

Personally I'd insist on 40million + Duffer then I'd really be laughing! Now that they have Roben Duff moving back north to Lpool/mu might not be so improbable.

It now looks a major possibility that Chelsea will make an offer for Rooney.

Everton will want to keep him, however financially Rooney will be huge to Everton’s success if they want to keep him.

No disrespect to Everton but Rooney simply isn’t doing it week in week out like he’s performing for England, which the only suggestion for this is that the players he’s with for England are far better than the ones at Everton.

He’s Everton’s main asset now. If Abramovich is to offer say £30m or more for Rooney, Everton would have to accept it. I don’t care how good a player is, but today and how the transfer market has depreciated it can only benefit Everton in the long run.

But seeing Abramovich, Moruinho and Peter Kenyon together it looks as if something’s going to happen sooner or later with Gerrard or either Rooney, or both.

Chelsea want Gerrard

An Everton fan I work with sent me this link - like I'm even remotely interested wink.gif. Anyway here it is Rooney - Leaving Boo Hoo etc .

Whether they like it or not this is the Duff scenario all over again. I do feel sorry for them but as we all know the money comes in handy when paying off your overdraft.

BTW - big transfers means big money. I'm not suggesting we won't make any decent signings. Ferguson was, IMO, the last one.

Agree. Ferguson was over-priced though.

I reckon Andy Cole's position as the club's highest transfer fee outlay (is that right?) is unlikely to be threatened for a very, very long time.

Reports in this mornings Daily Telegraph say that Chelsea will offer Liverpool £20m plus Parker and Duff for Gerrard.

The Telegraph say that Duff would relish a return to the North-West.

Reports in this mornings Daily Telegraph say that Chelsea will offer Liverpool £20m plus Parker and Duff for Gerrard.

Back to Rovers would be good!!! tongue.gif

Flippin' giblets, if I were Liverpool I would snap Chelsea's hand off.

Edited by jim mk2

rover.gif had lunch with ambromovich yesterday,and the subject off duff came up,i am afriad he is staying at chelski,btw the yacht was notbad tinykit.gif

Good to hear that Waggy. He's not a bad lad is he? for a multi billionaire. Did he get a round in? He's a bit shy in that department.

The best player of the 3, the one who will change the course of a game in the blink of an eye as a makeweight! The only one of the 3 to possess far more natural ability than just energy, enthusiasm and work rate?!!!?

Good grief! It's quite apparent that Kenyon is running Chelsea!

Maybe Abromivich has signed that new chap to do the books! laugh.giflaugh.gif. Somebody get on the phone to Chelsea NOW and tell em Bretts reluctantly available but only in return for Duff, Parker, Gudjonnsen and 50 million. The simple barsteward might just be addled enough to accept!

The bridge is set to become a laughing stock. Not often I agree with Mick Macarthey but he was adamant last night when questioned about Robben that never mind him there was not a player on the pitch to rival the ability of Damien Duff!

Flippin' giblets, if I were Liverpool I would snap Chelsea's hand off.

Damn right

Thats a terrible deal for Chelsea.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.