BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelski Transfer Madness

The Porto president has claimed he will fight Abramovich (someone he has labelled as the worst man in football) to the death for Jose Mourinho.

Just like Charlton said that they'd definitely fight and keep Scott Parker? rover.gif

Hasn't David Beckham got like a £100m release-clause. I don't know if I can see Abramovich paying that for one player.... but who knows..

Although, I think Joaquin would be a cheaper option but then again I'm sure they want Becks for more than just footballing reasons.

And I think Joaquin will join Rovers this summer.. laugh.gif

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with what you're saying Eddie, it could be a real danger for some players, including Duff. Ultimatley it will down to what the player, as a person, aspires to.

Further problems surface. Lunatic wage structure riles Chelsea's best player- Frank Lampard.

I want more cash

I think Ambrahimovic (however you spell it) might throw him out for that. By his own reasoning he is going to get David Beckham, why do you need Lampard? I pity what ever manager takes over at the Bridge.

Further problems surface. Lunatic wage structure riles Chelsea's best player- Frank Lampard.

I want more cash

I think Ambrahimovic (however you spell it) might throw him out for that. By his own reasoning he is going to get David Beckham, why do you need Lampard? I pity what ever manager takes over at the Bridge.

*gulp* £80k a week??!!!

I can see why Lampard has asked for more money but I don’t agree with what he’s said.

Lampard has been one of Chelsea’s best performers this season and has performed well on a consistent basis.

He probably is on around £40k a week I would guess and Lampard knows that he has played well all season and with other team mates such as Crespo on £70k a week, what becomes a problem to the club is when one player plays well they think they should be the top earner.

If the Porto boss comes in and what is suggested to happen from the link then the people at Chelsea and Roman have gone mad.

Chelsea target Porto talent

(You may have to register)

After hearing the comments from Ranieri he still thinks that there is hope that he’ll be manager next season. I don’t think he will personally. The Porto coach seems that he will the manager next season at Stamford Bridge. Seems clear after from reports that both his family and himself were looking at housing property there, now it seems certain that he’ll be the boss.

Ranieri`s comments were humorous once again with him almost spelling out to Uncle Roman what he’s achieved in various leagues and where his team has finished each season.

It’s certain that he’s leaving and the Porto coach is coming to England. I feel sorry for Ranieri, he did make mistakes at Monaco but overall he has done a brilliant job there considering the pressure that he’s been under. To finish second, behind probably the best team that has been in an English League for a long time, Arsenal is an achievement in itself. The way he’s been treated apart from the fans at Chelsea is shameful.

If Souness was to leave I’d love Claudio to be the manager.

RANIERI OPEN TO LONDON OFFERS

Edited by roversismylife

The Porto president has claimed he will fight Abramovich (someone he has labelled as the worst man in football) to the death for Jose Mourinho.

That is rather strange, coming from a man that is known to be envolved in iregular overtaking of lots of players.

Like Maniche, Zahovic, Drulovic, Jardel, Candido Costa, Deco...

Ricky, I agree that Ranieri to Spurs seems a depressingly obvious move- will be sad to see search a great guy at such a rubbish club.

With regards to Chelsea transfer madness, I just hope that Abramovich really uses his financial muscle to position an English Prem Club as the most powerful in Europe after all these years of Barca, Real, Juve, Lazio, AC etc etc domination.

With the greatest names in the world at Stamford Bridge, the sublime Arsenal, Liverpool rejuvenating and the Mancs making up the numbers, it will make for an exciting Prem League to be part of next season.

Rovers ought to be capable of competing with the base of players they already have if some astute moves are made in the transfer market this summer.

However, looking for two midfielders rather than two defenders is not astute. Defoe's goal on Saturday???? etc. etc. all season long

Surprised Souness has come out and said he is looking for 2 midfielders to be honest. We definately need a left sided midfielder but personally I think that is all, makes you wonder if he is looking at moving on one of our existing ones. Andy Reid would be the ideal candidate for the left side but it sounds like SPurs have already agreed to pay over the odds to get him.

An Independent article on how important Premiership club brands are becoming globally.

It doesn't draw the conclusion but it rather draws the distinction between big clubs and the others. The message to the Rovers is that having another successful season next year is going to be very important.

Meantime, Abramovich is reported to be selling Veron to Inter for £8m and has asked Bayern about the availability of Hargreaves.

The prospect of most of the England midfield residing at Stamford Bridge is getting closer.

• 2 weeks later...

This story I thought should be discussed and Abramovich`s ways haven’t really surprised me from the story if it’s true.

Seems as if Abramovich and the Porto coach have been discussing future transfers as it looks as if Mourinho will become the manager of Chelsea and who he wants to buy.

Obviously Mourinho`s temperament is questionable and the English media, press will no doubt test him on this.

Abramovich spoilt kid in a sweet shop, wants what HE wants and HE wants only, it seems.

Mourinho's wish list puts Chelsea move in doubt

Edited by roversismylife

If Mourinho doesn't go to Chelsea, it's their loss.

The strange part is that Mourinho wants cheaper players... And very good ones. Abramovich wants stars.

But stars don't win games.

The 3 FC Porto players refered in the article are all great.

Paulo Ferreira is better than Salgado in my opinion.

Deco is a great number 10.

Ricardo Carvalho is one of the best european central defenders.

How many times has this particular story with Carlos been reported about?

Carlos has said many times up till now that he doesn’t want to leave Madrid.

I’m not sure if his feelings will remain the same after Madrid’s poor season, resulting in a fourth place finish.

The money Chelsea is offering is ridiculous and has taken football past the game and into a money grabbing scheme.

Real tip Carlos for Chelsea

What annoys me about Chelsea's spending is that they buy players they don't need. They have a brilliant left back in Wayne Bridge, but now Roberto Carlos is on his way, there's Bridge's chance of regular football out the window. Veron is another pointless signing, as was Geremi and Crespo and Mutu have hardly turned out to be lethal goal scorers in the Premiership.

I agree. It seems that Abramovic wants to create a 'Harlem Globetrotters', and have every great player at Chelsea, along with some good ones. It is clear he is the driving force behind the signings, not the manager, and knows little about the intricacies of managing players' egos or moulding a squad with a clear tactical plan.

It was interesting to see him at the starting grid of the Monaco GP as well.

Abramovich is mad if he lets Ranieri leave Chelsea. If reports are true and suggest that Ranieri will leave to be replaced by a number of other managers from Europe then its Chelsea’s loss in my view.

Ranieri has done an incredible job there considering how much money Abramovich has spent there, who has mounted the pressure on Ranieri. Abramovich who, throughout the season, not even once did he ensure the status of Ranieri at the club.

Abramovich gets rid of him – it’s Chelsea’s loss, as I’m more than positive that there will be a list, too many to mention who will be interested in wanting Ranieri at their clubs.

Uncle Roman thinks he knows right, I don’t know how much he actually knows about football, but it’s only a matter of time before he gets bored with his empire. To be honest I don’t see the point in a manager at Chelsea, there really is no point.

The manager will always be under pressure because of the amount of money that the club will spend on players. Abramovich provides the funds to buy players for the club which should be given to the manager to choose who he feels will strengthen the squad and not Abramovich buying his “dream team.”

Ranieri on the brink

I never thought I'd hear myself saying this, but, FIFA needs to step in somehow and lay down the law against what the Ruski is doing.- at least in the interim. Whilst I think that other forces will ultimately bring down that swine in the long-term, Blather needs to protect clubs against the pig at the trough routine that RomanSKI is performing.

I see in many papers (Argentine) that Veron and Crespo want out and there are others that these two will not name... you can slag Veron off all you want-but Crespo is class, and if anyone thinks that he can't cut it in the prem, yer mistaken- the guy simply needs to play & at ease, not looking over his shoulder at the touchline for his substitute. Guys just want to play and take their curtain calls (if you will)... when you stick 40 players from 4 corners of the globe and force them together and institute a rotation sytem- you are bound to get many dissentors... I imagine that Duffers can't be happy about his choice...COME HOME, IRISH LAD !!!

Perhaps this is mostly wishful thinking, but the Chelski rev. cannot succeed... It just can't.

Sorry Stamford Bridge, but this spring I actually supported another team other than a British side in a continental match... JUST CAN'T & WON'T !

Anyway, thanks for letting me prattle on about my 'least favorite' topic-

Thievin' Roman.

I never thought I'd hear myself saying this, but, FIFA needs to step in somehow and lay down the law against what the Ruski is doing.- at least in the interim. Whilst I think that other forces will ultimately bring down that swine in the long-term, Blather needs to protect clubs against the pig at the trough routine that RomanSKI is performing.

Just like they did against Real Madrid over recent years ?. FIFA love Madrid City Council FC so much that they forbade any games to take place on December 18th 2003, so nothing could distract the football world from a friendly celebrating Real's centinary. So how are Madrid City Council FC, who are constantly propped up by various branches of the government different to Chelsea, who are propped up by a wealthy Russian bloke ?. Should they both be punished, or just the one with the most cash ready right now ?.

Well, I'm not saying I've got any answers, BC... just annoyed that competition is being stifled. If you start chasing after teams/clubs that

are propped up by gov'ts.... blooming eck, we might not have enough

teams to field a league......

I know what you are referring to with Real and the sweetheart land deal with the Madrid city council, I would imagine that stuff is rife within football.... another one you might or might not know is River Plate's association with the Military dogs that ruled Argentine for 8 years... utterly sickening.- and hence River Plate can't lose enought matches for my taste

(hopefully, they can start tonight against Cali).

By the way, if you MB denizens are suffering your own personal Football Jones' - catch the Libertadores matches this week... all tremendous matches: Boca/Sao Caotena (spelling?), River-Cali, Santos/Once Caldas &

San Pablo-tachira... of all these teams, only Tachira is a cinderella...

cracking good football, brazilian genius, colombian passing, Argentine... well... whatever they're good at... it's been a great tournament up to date... tune in and turn on !

ec

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.