BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelski Transfer Madness

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerrard IMO is a different class, and most Liverpool fans i talked with would not be happy with Duff and Parker if they lost Gerrard.

Scousers used to enjoy a reputation for being the most knowledgable fans in the country...........well this sure explodes that myth! However Chris I do agree with your belief that Gerrard is indeed 'different class' to Duffer! rover.gif

Gerrard is a damned good Sat aftenoon player without question but various adjectives that commonly accompany his name eg 'great' and 'world class' are miles wide of the mark. I dont know if Opta is up to date but I feel our Stevie might just be the top English player to have given the ball away more than any other in Portugal.

imo in a Fantasy Football situation Gerrards value to us would be as a replacement for Flitty. He would do well as a 'water carrier' for Tugay who possesses more footballing talent in his big toe than Gerrard has in his entire body.

well there must be some reason Duff was worth 17 million Parker 7 million and Gerrard 31 million(so reports say).

Gerrard pretty much carried the whole team throught the season, Liverpool that is. Infact when i told a couple of Liverpools it was Duff, Parker and 20 million they all said no. Can't be replaced.

Really we have not been watch Liverpool consistently to judge whether he is as great as they say, or worth 31 million. I didn't think he had the best Euro 2004 but other high profile players were not much better e.g. Henry, Beckham, Owen.

I think if Duff and Parker were signed for Gerrard, Owen would likely leave still.

P.s. I don't think Tugay's good enough to clean Gerrard's boots, talk about giving the ball away.

Edited by chris

Gerrard pretty much carried the whole team throught the season, Liverpool that is. Infact when i told a couple of Liverpools it was Duff, Parker and 20 million they all said no. Can't be replaced.

You'd rip Chelsea's hand off for that offer. Parker is a very good player, and while he isn't as good as Gerrard- he could do a job. In Duff they'd be getting a very special player- and then 20m to strengthen in other areas. I don't think there is a player in the world that I'd turn down 20m, duff, and parker for. A united fan I know said he'd sell Ruud for that offer.

You'd rip Chelsea's hand off for that offer. Parker is a very good player, and while he isn't as good as Gerrard- he could do a job. In Duff they'd be getting a very special player- and then 20m to strengthen in other areas. I don't think there is a player in the world that I'd turn down 20m, duff, and parker for. A united fan I know said he'd sell Ruud for that offer.

Yeah think I would take it, i have only seen about 5-10% of the Liverpool games this season, but Parker has not made a great impact at Chelsea and Duff is injuried half the time, really I think most Liverpool fans want to build a team around Gerrard, he their best player and they have Kewell and "The Fuhrur" to fill Duff and Parkers role from their point of view.

Edited by chris

Remember our old friend Alan Nixon? The journalist who likes writing about Rovers claims that Steven Gerrard is set to shortly move to Chelsea, breaking Rio Ferdinand's British transfer record. According to Nixon, Scott Parker may be involved as part of a player-swap deal worth over £30m, but Damien Duff will not be leaving Stamford Bridge.

Link below:

http://www.people.co.uk/tm_objectid=143502...-name_page.html

OMG.

Not content with writing guff for the Indie all week, this pr!ck has to top up his salary by spouting crap in a Sunday red-top.

No values, just like the rest of them.

Eh, Jim.

Gerrard has already signed for Chelsea, I know for definite that the tranfer fee is £31m, although im not sure about any extra players included in the deal.

That information comes from a very respectable premiership manager who manages not a million miles from Anfield.

Another member with crap contacts then.... Your respectable Premiership Manager obviously knows naff all. It really bugs me when people come on here telling people they have all of these various sources when they are really just making things up. If you don't know what I am talking about then you (and your Premiership Manager) obviously weren't at Anfield when Gerrard commited his future to the club today.

Gerrard has already signed for Chelsea, I know for definite that the tranfer fee is £31m, although im not sure about any extra players included in the deal.

That information comes from a very respectable premiership manager who manages not a million miles from Anfield.

Ha ha, thats gotta be up there with Lofty's mate who changes the bulbs in the floodlights.

Mourinho and Benitez are the two managers involved in the deal, I'm sure they would be off telling other premiership managers about it wouldn't they. There is no deal in place as Liverpool are hoping to convince Gerrard that his future is at Anfield.

Told you so!!!

I've told you all you need to know, he will become a Chelsea player for £31m. What more do you want me to do, get you the receipt?

Not being funny but Chelsea are going to have to take Gerrard back. If they've lost the receipt they'll be hell to pay. It's not like Tescos at Anfield you know.

Chelsea: "Can we have our money back for Steven Gerrard please?"

Liverpool : "What do you mean? We never sold him to you."

Chelsea: "You did! We paid £31million a couple of weeks ago! Cash!!"

Liverpool (now laughing): "OK - Prove it - Wheres the receipt divveee?"

(The1mattjansen - don't worry about it mate - these things happen. Maybe Gerrard changed his mind half way through the tournament?)

well there must be some reason Duff was worth 17 million Parker 7 million and Gerrard 31 million(so reports say).

You can't compare the fees for Gerrard and Duff. Duff had a clause of £17mil in his contract and no club was going to pay more than that for him. If Gerrard had a £10mil clause in his contract that how much he'd go for dry.gif

Gerrard will be a Chelsea player next season, so looks like your going to have to eat some humble pie mate. wink.gif

Absolute classic.

You having chips and gravy with yours ??

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

You can't compare the fees for Gerrard and Duff. Duff had a clause of £17mil in his contract and no club was going to pay more than that for him. If Gerrard had a £10mil clause in his contract that how much he'd go for dry.gif

course you can, Blackburn valued Duff at 17 million when the contract was made, likely expecting nobody could match it, it was quite high really, Liverpool value Gerrard 25-30odd million.

Gerrard would "not" have a 10 million clause because he is worth more then 10 million, Gerrard would also "not" have a 17 million clause because he is in Liverpool's opinion worth more then 17 million. That's a pointless arguement.

Very simple when you think about it.

Edited by chris

course you can, Blackburn valued Duff at 17 million when the contract was made, likely expecting nobody could match it, it was quite high really, Liverpool value Gerrard 25-30odd million.

Gerrard would "not" have a 10 million clause because he is worth more then 10 million, Gerrard would also "not" have a 17 million clause because he is in Liverpool's opinion worth more then 17 million. That's a pointless arguement.

Blackburn never expected anyone to be able to afford / pay that much for Duff. Abramarich had never even been heard of in the footballing world. If he had Duff's clause would probably have been higher, just like Gerrard and Rooneys price tags.

As for Gerrard being worth more than £10 mil, the Gerrard in Euro 2004 was certainly not worth anywhere near £10mil!!!!!

And it can't be that pointless if you have bothered to respond wink.gif

Good to see Gerrard turn down the Abramovich shilling and pledge his loyalty to Liverpool. There's not much fealty in football these days but some players are not motivated solely by money and still have principles it seems.

Pity the same cannot be said of the treacherous Duff.

Blackburn never expected anyone to be able to afford / pay that much for Duff. Abramarich had never even been heard of in the footballing world. If he had Duff's clause would probably have been higher, just like Gerrard and Rooneys price tags.

As for Gerrard being worth more than £10 mil, the Gerrard in Euro 2004 was certainly not worth anywhere near £10mil!!!!!

And it can't be that pointless if you have bothered to respond wink.gif

then how would you have ever known it was pointless? thumbs-up.gif

If you are judging every player on 2004 then Beckham's worth 10p, personally don't remember many England players that didn't consistently give the ball away, but they don't do that for their club e.g. Scholes, Lampard, Beckham to name a few.

as whether Duff would have cost more had we known of Abramarich, well nobody has the answer to that, Duff was important to us like Parker was to Chalton or Saha to Fulham, it doesn't mean just because of Abramarich any player is worth 30 million overnight, I still think 17 million was a good fee.

we will have to agree to disagree

Good to see Gerrard turn down the Abramovich shilling and pledge his loyalty to Liverpool. There's not much fealty in football these days but some players are not motivated solely by money and still have principles it seems.

Pity the same cannot be said of the treacherous Duff.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Jim you French Connectioning star biggrin.gif

The more I think about it the more I admire Gerrard.

It was reported that by joining Chelsea he had the chance to double his (admittedly exorbitant) salary from £65,000 to £130,000 a week. There are not many people, when given the chance to double their wages, in whatever walk of life, who would do that.

His quotes today also demonstrated his deep feelings for his club, the love of the community in which he lives and his sense of loyalty to the Liverpool supporters.

Contrast his attitude with that of the treasonable Duff, who sold his soul for laundered Russian roubles without a backward glance to the club that made his name and the supporters who worshipped him.

its ok to stay loyal when you are on 65,000 a week, however for people who are on £5 an hour its different. But I agree its good that some players seek to stay with the club that made them cool.gif

The more I think about it the more I admire Gerrard.

It was reported that by joining Chelsea he had the chance to double his (admittedly exorbitant) salary from £65,000 to £130,000 a week. There are not many people, when given the chance to double their wages, in whatever walk of life, who would do that.

His quotes today also demonstrated his deep feelings for his club, the love of the community in which he lives and his sense of loyalty to the Liverpool supporters.

Contrast his attitude with that of the treasonable Duff, who sold his soul for laundered Russian roubles without a backward glance to the club that made his name and the supporters who worshipped him.

I know what you mean (and I agree with you) but you do wonder if he would have "stayed" loyal to Liverpool if Houllier was still around.

As for Duff, well I just think he had the wrong (naive) people around him. If I'm right his agent doesn't have any other player in his books or atleast none as good as Duff and a couple of million in his pockets would be enough to see his future sorted.

That would be a valid comparison if, firstly, Duff was a Blackburn lad like Gerarrd was a Liverpool fan and a local lad. Secondly, if Rovers could offer the same kind of competitive football as Chelsea did at the time. Liverpool can offer Stevie Champions League football just like Chelsea. Rovers couldn't offer that to Duff a year ago...which is why it isn't a fair comparison.

As for Duff himself... he made us £17 million. It isn't his fault if we didn't spend it as well as we could. The guy made us a fortune. It's then up to us to use it appropriately.

That would be a valid comparison if, firstly, Duff was a Blackburn lad like Gerarrd was a Liverpool fan and a local lad. Secondly, if Rovers could offer the same kind of competitive football as Chelsea did at the time. Liverpool can offer Stevie Champions League football just like Chelsea. Rovers couldn't offer that to Duff a year ago...which is why it isn't a fair comparison.

As for Duff himself... he made us £17 million. It isn't his fault if we didn't spend it as well as we could. The guy made us a fortune. It's then up to us to use it appropriately.

Dont take the bait FLB. It's just another wind up.

We weren't in the Champions League but we were in the Uefa Cup. Duff isn't a Blackburn lad but, as he admitted, he was very happy in the area and had no wish to leave. That is all irrelevant however.

He showed no loyalty to Rovers once his head had been turned by the vast wages on offer at Stamford Bridge. Like Gerrard, he could have turned them down and stayed at Ewood on his (still very comfortable salary), but he chose to follow the smell of money.

No wonder he kisses the Chelsea badge at every opportunity while his Mum (who looks after his finances) counts up the noughts on his monthly paycheck.

Gerrard's decision is a triumph for old-fashioned virtues. All power to his considerable elbow. I look forward to more players following his example.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.