BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sky Sports

ADVANTAGES

-Its good for me, il still be going to all the games and i will love to watch 50 min highlights of it when i get home.

-Club will get a lot more money from sky

-People who cant afford as many away games can see most of the game on sat night.

DISADVANTAGES

-Good move for most premiership clubs but bad move for ourselves. We are a small club with too many fans who would jump at the chance of not paying for a ticket and just watching the game at home. (Charlton home game last season anyone)

-Less away support. Although our away support is good. I fear people may think against paying out and being tempted to watch it at home. When you think spurs away cost around 100 quid alltogether and we didnt get home til about midnight it would be tempting for some.

-Having repeat performances from last season would send us into depression if we have to watch the game again for 50 mins. Because if its on we will watch it.

-71p more a month!!! Sweet jesus get a loan.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disastrous move for the clubs, the game will eventually be destoyed by Sky TV and its millions. Any fan who is less than 110% comitted or whose team is struggling will simply turn on the box for an hour and call it support.

Very, very disappointing news. Sooner or later we are all going to have to wake up to the serious implications of Sky TV, it will destroy the game, in fact it has already taken its heart, Murdoch is just coming back for the soul now.

Watching football on TV is no subsitute for being at the ground, we all know that, I can't see this move having a big effect on ticket sales.

Two Words, Scotish Football and TV Coverage. It didn't help them!

What on earth's that got to do with anything?!?!?!

We're talking about ENGLISH football. The introduction of SKY has co-incided with an increase in attendances, simple as that!

Watching live football at Ewood is like having sex with a beautiful woman

I can't remember that having sex with a beautiful woman caused me to :-

bite my nails to the quick; sit for 90 minutes all tensed up inside; wonder if a heart attack would ensue; grind my teeth in utter frustration and scuff my shoes on the ground in despair as I walked away despondently afterwards. biggrin.gif

bite my nails to the quick; sit for 90 minutes all tensed up inside; wonder if a heart attack would ensue; grind my teeth in utter frustration and scuff my shoes on the ground in despair as I walked away despondently afterwards. biggrin.gif

Obviously you're doing it wrong tongue.gif

Rang sky up today and was told "some one is pulling your leg" I also received my sky mag and letter,found nothing about this new programme.

I suggest you read the letter again, it does mention a new highlights show on Saturday evenings.

Obviously you're doing it wrong tongue.gif

45 minutes each way? I'm impressed.

Arse! All the away games I can get to appear to be on Sky.

I'm not saying Southampton vs Rovers shouldn't be on sky (it's a long way to go) but 12:45pm is ridiculous.

Charlton on a Monday night too.

I can’t believe it. I’m on holiday and hoped to make the United game just as I land in Manchester at 1pm. Stupid Pay Per View…….

Well annoyed now, miss the Southampton game too, which I wanted to go to again, but at least it’ll be on Sky on holiday.

sad.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.