BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Cole

I love Blackburn Rovers and wish them all the best in the fortcoming season

but you have to think a little bit.

you certainly do have to think....you should take your own advice and think before you post such ridiculous suggestions. the black players that you have mentioned (apart from cole) are simply not good enough to stake a claim for a regular first team place. if you have been to ewood park to watch rovers you would see this for your self.

you ask, why do people have to insult you....well, that is becasue you are making a good job getting on people's nerves.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that Cole has escaped from Stalag Ewood, stand by for red-top exclusives in the coming days/weeks dishing the dirt on his non-relationship with Souness.

Should make for interesting reading.

Don't you mean writing jim, can you work an angle where Cole use an example of how mean souey is by having Cole tell the story about the ball boy Souness did not say 'ello to?

Why have I started talking such rubbish?

Ohh, just realised it's not me, but someone has nicked my avatar; the one I provided and that Nice Mr Tchocky uploaded for me.

Neophox, if you are going spout utter piffle, kindly change your picture to one that isn't me. Thank you.

I think he deserves one last song.

I dont care, we only one 1 cup in my life-time and he scored the winning goal.

The guy is a legend!!

Cole,Cole Andy Andy Cole

He gets the ball and scores a goal,

Andy Andy Cole! tinykit.gif

######, he may be a legend but he's not even close to a Rovers legend, not even close.

Cole,Cole Andy Andy Cole

He gets the ball and hits it wide, good job cos he was offside,

gets it to his feet, then he slips,

hands on hips. Gives a scowl,

shakes his head,

Tells the ref it was a foul

It's the boss' fault he's damn crazy,

it's not me, I'm not lazy

50K a week from you I'll Pork

Go get my friend his names Dwight Yorke.

Thank for the memories Andy, one or two were special but the rest of the time you were an over paid, egocentric, self serving prima donna.

Edited by USABlue

rover.gif neophox is from sweden and i take english is a 2nd or 3rd language to him,or her! give the poster a break,this is a messageboard and everyone has opinion's,too slate someone for making a point is futile,we are all a bit upset with our current predicament,but i'm sure mr souness will sort it out laugh.giflaugh.gif

COLE STILL HAS HUNGER - COLEMAN

Swap Fulham for Blackburn and it is typical of a few report from Cole while he was still here, sure he still has hunger all GREEDY people do. jim were you or were you not one of Coles biggest critics while he was here. Tje same jim that said Dwight Yorke was a brilliant signing.

Edited by USABlue

When we first signed Andy Cole, I thought we were buying goals guaranteed but a a lot of bad misses to go along with it.

I think that is exactly what he has been.

Probably just about worth the money in the market as it was 3 years ago but can't help feeling his stint at Rovers has been his least impressive he's had yet at any club.

Another thing is that he never once looked like he wanted to be here which childish as it seems, means a lot to me.

Not a bad signing, but not a player I will look back on with any great affection.

rover.gif jesus usa do you get every match on cable over there tinykit.gif your ditti is fantastic tinykit.gif

No and in fairness that is the weakness in the points I make. I don't see him as much as you do and even on the telly you can't see all this phenominal, endless running off the ball stuff that Cole did. So I could be coming across a bit harsh.

PS, Waggy, whats ditti?

Edited by USABlue

Another thing is that he never once looked like he wanted to be here which childish as it seems, means a lot to me.

rover.gif i thought when they did the lap of honour after the fulham game,when he had his daughter in his arms he looked quite happy,and i thought we had a star,but souey signed yorke to keep him happy,remenber he was making quite a few rumblings in the press that summer. tinykit.gif

Where is the physical presence up front now?

Steady - forget the training, get yourself down to McGarbage.

Cole a physical presence?? Dickov will kick his arse at that side of the game, cole was a bit of a lightweight really.

Edited by USABlue

In one of the English newspapers today, The Sunday People, after criticising Dwight Yorke, Souness was quoted as saying: "I only want to have hard-working players at the club now"

It makes you wonder if Souness is implying that black players in general don't work hard.

Yes, Souness is, he also got rid of Gillespie, Dunn, Curtis, Hignett, Berg the list goes on. None of whom were black. Perhaps Souness hates whites too. It's pretty simple Mr NEO-? if they don't give 100% they are gone, regardless of the colour of their skin.

Let's not forget Souness also BOUGHT Yorke and Cole, bought Bent and wanted Jason Roberts, wanted Traore from Liverpool.

he looked quite happy,and i thought we had a star,but souey signed yorke to keep him happy,remenber he was making quite a few rumblings in the press that summer. tinykit.gif

Waggy, are you suggesting Souness bent over backwards to keep Cole happy. Went and spent shed loads more money just to keep ace Cole happy. Doesn't sound the the tactics of a man with an ego problem does it?

I was delighted when we signed Andy Cole as I felt the time when we could sign such talented players had gone-just think about some of the strikers we had signed after Chris Sutton.

He helped us stay up in our first season.

He scored the winning goal in the Worthington cup.

He helped us stay up in our third,disappointing, season.

He formed a very good partnership with a raw youngster.

He appears to have found it impossible to work with Souness-nothing new there.

The board have decided to sell him.

Good luck, Andy Cole.

I was delighted when we signed Andy Cole as I felt the time when we could sign such talented players had gone-just think about some of the strikers we had signed after Chris Sutton.

He helped us stay up in our first season.

He scored the winning goal in the Worthington cup.

He helped us stay up in our third,disappointing, season.

He formed a very good partnership with a raw youngster.

He appears to have found it impossible to work with Souness-nothing new there.

The board have decided to sell him.

Good luck, Andy Cole.

Apart from the three years when he found it not only possible but beneficial ?

Fine when he was allowed extra holidays in Dubai ?

Ah, only impossible since asking for even more extra holidays and refusing the notion of team bonding.

More like good luck Chris Coleman, you're going to need it.

Edited by Tris

Sorry. Forgive me.

He only made it to 2 years 6 1/2 months.

And Souness never mentioned him this season ? Oh dear poor Andy.

Souness spent sh!t loads of money signing Andy Cole and having done so sang his praises almost literally from the rooftops. Look at some of the interveiws.

Don't try and sell the line that Souness hasn't bestowed him with enough adulation this season. It's an event if Souness names ANY individual in post match interviews.

Edited by Tris

I thought that when I heard it on SSN. Wonder if that means we paid up his contract, and they paid the difference, so he could sign a 2 year deal rather than just take on his current contract? Might be plausible if the loyalty bonus was date-based, rather than playing for X years at the club.

Or even better, Fulham took over the last year of the contract and chipped in money to pay off the loyalty clause that Rovers will probably end up owing Cole as a result of his "willingness" to stay.

What I think is quite amusing is the fact that everyone was blasting Rovers for not getting any type of fee for Cole, and while the little money they got is probably going toward Rovers' golden handshake with Andy, the fact remains that the club did manage to pry some money away from the Cottagers in the deal.

The truly fascinating thing to see now would be a detailed listing of the club's wage bill.....

In one of the English newspapers today, The Sunday People, after criticising Dwight Yorke, Souness was quoted as saying: "I only want to have hard-working players at the club now"

It makes you wonder if Souness is implying that black players in general don't work hard.

Yes, Souness is, he also got rid of Gillespie, Dunn, Curtis, Hignett, Berg the list goes on. None of whom were black.

Weren't they? Not what I heard. It was all done with loads and loads of make up. Souness started to get a bit embarassed with the number of black players he had in the team at that time and this was the only course of action he could think of to avoid being called a racist against whites. He got away with it an all until now.

92er - Posted on Jul 18 2004, 23:49

Andrew Cole worked his socks off for us many games last season and wasn't even mentioned by Souness in his summing up of the match.

Did he? It's all happening today. Thanks for that.

Perhaps Souness didn't see the effort that you saw and therefore didn't see fit to mention him? Which would be a real shame and maybe one of the reasons why he left the club. Oh well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.