BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Southampton 3 - 2 Rovers

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so it begins again. Hopeless defending, lacklustre attacking and appalling refereeing combine to deny us. This is of course exactly what we need considering our next three fixtures. rolleyes.gif

We f***ing had it... ohmy.gif

Edited by Rovermatt

Useless D'Urso sad.gif I didn't really think Dickov deserved a penalty earlier but that was still 10x more of a penalty appeal than this ever was. There are dozens incidents like that in EVERY game and it should never be a penalty.

heres a prediction, after 5 games we will be in the bottom three, Nissa was pants and why was Souness playing Matteo on the left, we played two poor teams in West Brom and Southampton and got one point, not looking forward to the next month with Arsenal ManU and Newcastle

Edited by chris

as i am not at the match i can only assume that it was a mistimed tackle. if we are gonna challenge in the area then we gotta be right on....this time, we weren't!!

It was given aginst an ariel challenge from Short on Beattie. Didn't look much wrong to me or to the commentators on Sky.

"We was mugged" sad.gif

in all honesty, it looked to me as if D'Urso was just trying to get revenge on blackburn, for all the chattering they gave him all day.

shockingly unprofessional for a ref...

i'm speechless, to be honest. blackburn more than deserved this win. tango said it best: "Robbed. Simple as."

Gutted.

Ref cost us the game.

Can't believe he gave the penalty there. Can't believe it.

Usually you can't say the ref cost the game.

This time you can.

D'Urso plain and simply sucks... he's a blind, useless f***** who should never be allowed near a football pitch for the rest of his life. How he makes that call in stoppage time in a tie game is absolutely beyond me.

do not expect a penalty

do not expect a good refereeing show

Truer words were never spoken.

Watch eddie come on now and say "well it's not all doom and gloom, I thought we did ok, we will beat Arsenal and Utd"

WTF?

You haven't even been on the board long enough to know how I see most things.

I'm not happy that we lost, I only had it on the radio, but I would have been happy with a draw and to lose as a result of a poor decision by the ref then yes it's not all "doom and gloom".

Things aren't looking very good for us at this moment, and probably won't be looking good in a couple weeks time, but no, I wouldn't be surprised if we come away with a few points from the next few games.

How about you develop your own opinions though, rather than coming up with great variations to referees names and pointless predictions as to what others are about to say.

in the last 10 min, a manure and a pool supporting friends called up to offer their sympathies. we were F****** ROBBED!!! what in the world is d-urso's freaking problem?!!!?! dickov was elbowed in the arse when it was a CLEAR goal scoring opportunity and short's penalised for a run of the mill everyday challenge in the air?!??!?!?! if short committed a foul there, then why wasn't johansson penalised throughout the game for the same challenges on beattie?????????

what in the world is wrong with the refs?!!!!!!!! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i'm utterly screaming now. totally gutted, especially given the way we performed in the second half. we deserved something. freaking ref. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mad.gif

Watch eddie come on now and say "well it's not all doom and gloom, I thought we did ok, we will beat Arsenal and Utd"

WTF?

You haven't even been on the board long enough to know how I see most things.

I'm not happy that we lost, I only had it on the radio, but I would have been happy with a draw and to lose as a result of a poor decision by the ref then yes it's not all "doom and gloom".

Things aren't looking very good for us at this moment, and probably won't be looking good in a couple weeks time, but no, I wouldn't be surprised if we come away with a few points from the next few games.

How about you develop your own opinions though, rather than coming up with great variations to referees names and pointless predictions as to what others are about to say.

Chill out! Wasn't being nasty or anything, just saying last weekend you seemed to defend all the crap we all saw on the pitch. You seemed like an optomist tongue.gif

Oh I will post how I want, I will make as many variations of referees names as I want. Cheers and just because I haven't posted on here until recently doesn't mean I haven't been reading this forum since before you were out of nappies wink.gif

Edited by murakami

Funny how they are talking about us doing better second half AFTER we had switched formations. Deja vu anyone?

Funny how those changes were made by Souness isn't it?

We started the game well, then went off the boil, Souness makes changes and they work, to me, though the line-up wasn't the one I would have picked, it seems to me like he's done nothing wrong.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.