BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Southampton 3 - 2 Rovers

Anyone know a pub that's showing the game?

It's just that SKY have put the Prem plus package up by 100% to pubs to a whopping £1400 and a lot aren't willing to pay it.

There's a pub on Livesey Branch Rd that I drive past on the way to matches near Feniscowles (can't remember its name) that is defo showing it.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know a pub that's showing the game?

It's just that SKY have put the Prem plus package up by 100% to pubs to a whopping £1400 and a lot aren't willing to pay it.

There's a pub on Livesey Branch Rd that I drive past on the way to matches near Feniscowles (can't remember its name) that is defo showing it.

The Hordens is showing it.

As far as I can see there are really only two options for the team:

Friedel

Niell  Amoruso Matteo    Gray

Thompson  Ferguson Tugay  De Pedro (if fit)

Stead Yorke

OR:

Friedel

Emerton  Amoruso  Short    Gray

Matteo

Thompson  Ferguson  De Pedro(If Fit)

Stead  Yorke 

The first option is infinately preferable as much as would like to see Emerton actually try to be a full back (what the hell was he doing on saturday)?

I also have to register my disgust that Souness puts Gresko in midfield after spending a whole bloody season last year playing just about every other guy apart from him there. Lunacy.

We need a central midfielder desperately and I fear our Grame might of lost the plot.

Nonetheless. 2-1 Rovers.

Brilliant! We've had "The Christmas Tree" now, thanks to Philly Rover and The Harwood Yankee (above) we've got "The Question Mark" formation  laugh.gif

Whilst I'd love to take credit for trying that, I must admit that it happened a bit by accident. Nice spot though, THY, you've made me look quite good. biggrin.gif

Although I'd be more tempted to try this: -

Friedel

Emerton      Amoruso

Matteo    

Gresko

McEveley

Gray

Wilcox

de Pedro

Stead

Dickov

It's a lot of work for Emerton to cover the right hand side but I reckon he's up to it.

See, I don't know bob. I'm first of all curious as to why you'd drop Fitzgerald from the starting lineup. I mean, that's one less left footer in the squad, so replacing Fitzgerald with Dickov will ruin the carefully balanced nature of the formation. Secondly... why give Dickov a game anyway? He's over 20 years old so he must surely be past it.

rover.gif give youth a chance leave fitz in the starting lineup tinykit.gif

We have done well at the Dell, I'm predicting a win, 2-0. Sturrock is in hot water down there and his lack of confidence is rubbing off on his players. Beattie won't get any change out of old man Short and swarthy Amoruso.

Mind you, that little git Phillips might. But I'll stick with the result, knowing that in all my years the only defeat I ever predict is Leeds away.

OK Philly - we should drop Dickov and play young Fitz up front. We should also bring Nissa back to his more customary left wing position and drop Wilcox - who doesn't play for us anyway (I've just remembered).

Where's Todd?

(no one cares)

There's a few with hooky sky that will show it. I best not name names.

More and more pubs are opting for the foreign satellite alternatives , usually now available with English commentary . There'll be no shortage of places offering the game from non-Sky-rip-off outlets . SEE HERE

I've been asking the saints fans and they reckon they are rubbish at the moment. No team spirit and no real ability outside of Beattie and Phillips.

I think we'll slap them. 3-0 to Rovers, with our boys taking not only the points, but swapping Beattie for Jansen whilst we are there.

The Guardian are reporting that Sturrock will be sacked if Southampton lose to the Rovers. Apparently does not have the respect of the players and Rupert Lowe is ready to get rid of him quickly.

Makes Saturday lunch time a bit more interesting.

Excellent! So are we going to win the cup? You must know by now as we've played 0 games in it so far this season

Can't say. Don't want to affect the odds at the bookies!

In all seriousness though, the diamond formation we seem to be playing this season, the lack of real width, playing a defender in midfield all seem to be geared twards making us hard to beat. As a result, I expect us to do better away from home where we can sit back and soak up punishment and then hope our front players get a bit more space to create something for themselves. We seem to struggle when the onus is on us to attack.

get yerself into a working mens club then as the cost is nowhere as dear for SKYPPV !

All those with access to sports network EURO can see Rovers

all those on holiday can watch it on "hooky sky" !

hard fought draw, totally different formation for an away game

1 - 6 - 4 ! rolleyes.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.