BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Southampton 3 - 2 Rovers

The silver-haired and somewhat portly Sturrock looks almost unrecognisable now from the slim attacking player who performed for Scotland in the 1986 World Cup....

Bless you Smithy, too much of a gent to chant

"You fat b*****d,

you fat b*****d,

you ate all the pies.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell you Beatie doesnt want to move anywhere, hes happy at Southampton, and hopefully me and Pringle scared him off Villa even if they stump up the cash

Way to go Flopsy- it'll only cost the club approx. £1m+ from the sell on clause we had ! biggrin.gif

Edited by percy

I'd just like to announce to everyone that I've just successfully ordered Fox Sports World (which only recently became available), the U.S. affiliate that carries Sky Sports programming. That means that I'll be able to see Rovers play tomorrow--for the first time in over a year!

Can't wait for this one.

OK....because i only just realised, i feel i should warn others as stupid as me that Rovers v Saints is THE EARLY GAME (starts at 9:45pm Australian EST). I nearly went to a mates BBQ that would have seen me miss the broadcast. Thank god Rovers were here to save me from a social life.

I tell you Beatie doesnt want to move anywhere, hes happy at Southampton, and hopefully me and Pringle scared him off Villa even if they stump up the cash

why?? ohmy.gif

Because we ###### hate villa

(its a midland thing)

Johansson, Tugay and Flitcroft start otherwise same as last week. De Pedro and Gresko on the bench and Amo is isnjured. Not sure if this means Emerton is still playing right back as yesterday Souey stated Neill would be starting.

I'm not going to predict a score but I've just backed Amo for the first goal at 33-1. Header from a corner, Free Kick, in off his arse. I'm not bothered how just get it in there big man.

Go on then. 1-1

If it's any consolation you'll get your 25p back though Hasta.

OK - before I depart for the pub does anyone have any idea what formation and who exactly is playing? (That's not a criticism either).

From what Paul has reported over the page I've guessed at this...

Brad
        Short  Matteo   Eric    
Emerton                       Gray       
    Ferguson  Flitcroft  Tugay    
         Stead      Yorke

But Neill is also supposed to be in the team?

Come on Rovers! 2-1 Stead with the first goal at 6-1.

4 - 5 - 1

yorke to play just in front of the midfield with Matteo, Fergie and Flitcroft employed as destroyers !

just dont expect any exciting flowing football from Rovers.

expect a usual beattie goal unless he gets a good slap early doors

do not expect a penalty

do not expect a good refereeing show

in fact anything other than a loss will be a bonus

everything is conspiring against Rovers evn the weather

ps

why is Amo out, its not as if soton are laden with pace ! tinykit.gif

philips was clearly onside.

question is... what was emerton doing?! and what was short doing too??

sad. and what is souness doing??? matteo is no left winger... everybody knows that!

sorry for tone. very upset at the moment. urgh

Sometimes life just doesn't seem fair.

The thing that annoys me the most actually is that this is going to be fuel to the anti-souness bunch, even though by the sounds of it we've been the better team.

C'mon Rovers, just keep it up and I think we could still win this game, plenty of time left.

sad. and what is souness doing??? matteo is no left winger... everybody knows that!

There we go...

He may not be a left WINGER, but he may well be able to do a job on the left, it doesn't sound like he's doing too bad of a job. As long as Gray continues to go through on the overlap it could work quite well.

Southampton take the lead in dubious fashion - an 'offside' Phillips toe-pokes home.

Shame as we'd been much the better side.

Offside? If you think that was offisde there is some vacancies going as Assistant referees on the Premier League.

What on earth was Brett "where am I playing again boss" Emerton doing. If your playing in defence, bloody defend. Dont just stand there.

Things aren't all bad, we are playing relatively well. Some good attacking pressure, but our defeence is once again looking shaky.

I'll never understand why MAtteo is on the left wing and Nissa is at centre half.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.