BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Southampton 3 - 2 Rovers

A disgraceful decision by the ref, a clean challenge that all defenders do in there own box. I'm absolutely livid. Hope Souness deos'nt get to the ref!

What a see-saw game, again strange tactics players out of position, a half fit goalkeeper who could not kick puts the defense under immediate pressure.

Does not say much for Enckleman.

Full marks to Dickov a steal at $150,000.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That ref needs sacking.

With Arsenal - Man U and Newcastle its going to be a very grim couple of weeks.

Nah sod that were going to beat them all. I refuse to let a shamefull preformance by a ref ruin my love for rovers

Funny how they are talking about us doing better second half AFTER we had switched formations.  Deja vu anyone?

Funny how those changes were made by Souness isn't it?

We started the game well, then went off the boil, Souness makes changes and they work, to me, though the line-up wasn't the one I would have picked, it seems to me like he's done nothing wrong.

*sigh*

You missed the point, dur.

I meant, read slowly if you struggle, for two games our first half formation has been total rubbish. In both games He has changed the formation and it's improved after that. Thats all I meant.

Merci

Dissappointing from the ref. We were the much better team in the second half yet we get NOTHING for all the hardwork put in.

Well done, Andy!

Anyway from the match, cleary Freidel is not 100% fit. He cant even take goal kicks. Why doesnt Souness play Enkleman? Surely there isnt many better second choice keepers in the EPL other than ours.

Full marks to Dickov a steal at $150,000.

yes. 45min of action has won me over. though i thought he didnt link well with stead, but hope they can develop an understanding soon.

fullmarks too to souness for half time changes.

still ###### off. arghh........ die d'urso. DIE.

D'urso refereed Bolton away last season - second game and gave a penalty against us and sent Reid off

He then refereed Liverpool at home and gave a penalty against us and sent off Neill

He then disallowed Babbels goal at Arsenal

Spurs last year he turned down a stone wall penalty after shirt pulling on Cole in the last ten minutes

Hes just crap im afraid

D'urso refereed Bolton away last season - second game and gave a penalty against us and sent Reid off

He then refereed Liverpool at home and gave a penalty against us and sent off Neill

Spurs last year he turned down a stone wall penalty after shirt pulling on Cole in the last ten minutes

Hes just crap im afraid

looks like a blatant hatred for us

Souness needs to start fielding his best team from the start. We are wasting 45 mins a game at the moment.

The problem is, Souness has NO IDEA what his best team is, or even how they should play (if he does, he is certainly unable to communicate it to his players).

We can blame the ref, sure, but the fact is we were crap today, against a crap team. It doesnt matter how many grafters we put in midfield, because our defense is still horrible. Bunch of headless chickens. Especially Emerton. I've just stopped waiting for him to come good, because he won't. It think he might even be more useless than Neill.

- Short and Nissa were pretty disappointing. It doesn't do much good to play alright the whole game then fail when it matters the most.

- I'm pretty sure Flitcroft wasn't there...

- What everyone else said

Sorry about the negativity, but all my fears were just confirmed today. I did get something positive out of the game though:

- Tugay was class

- We can still score

- Gray is solid, Fergy and Matteo are pretty average, but should be useful.

- Excellent play leading up to Fergy's goal

- Friedel seems to be approaching his best form

- Neill wasn't so bad when he came on

Im deversated. I cant believe this, why why why why ??????

I felt again, we were fantastic in the second half apart from the woeful Short,Nissa and Matteo. And if we had started with that formation and had an actually referee not a mule we would have won by at least 2 clear goals.

Me must start with :

Freidel

Neill Amo Matteo Gray

Emerton Fergie Tugay De Pedro

Dickov Stead

Im sorry, yorke wasnt that bad but he aint as good as Dickov or stead so he must not start again.

sad.gifsad.gif

Souness let us down again in the first half, and we shouldn't have gone in 1-0 down. Where does he come up with these team selections, we have two very suitable left footed players on the bench and decide to play what is probably our best centre back on the left wing!?

Second half was much better with dickov giving everything, but still we persisted with Matteo who was absolutely absent all game. Ref made a shocking decision and that was it, game over.

Souness needs to start fielding his best team from the start. We are wasting 45 mins a game at the moment.

The problem is, Souness has NO IDEA what his best team is, or even how they should play (if he does, he is certainly unable to communicate it to his players).

We can blame the ref, sure, but the fact is we were crap today, against a crap team. It doesnt matter how many grafters we put in midfield, because our defense is still horrible. Bunch of headless chickens. Especially Emerton. I've just stopped waiting for him to come good, because he won't. It think he might even be more useless than Neill.

- Short and Nissa were pretty disappointing. It doesn't do much good to play alright the whole game then fail when it matters the most.

- I'm pretty sure Flitcroft wasn't there...

- What everyone else said

Sorry about the negativity, but all my fears were just confirmed today. I did get something positive out of the game though:

- Tugay was class

- We can still score

- Gray is solid, Fergy and Matteo are pretty average, but should be useful.

- Excellent play leading up to Fergy's goal

- Friedel seems to be approaching his best form

- Neill wasn't so bad when he came on

we were crap today??? southampton a crap side??

I think not, didnt saints finish 11th last season with the exact same team.

Your not even a real blackburn fan so dont talk utter pants. Living in oslo, you just dont think or have the same feelings as people in this country.

Edited by greggyk

Hes just crap im afraid

looks like a blatant hatred for us

he struck me as being very petty... dickov booked after that skirmish in the soton penalty area (why?) then ferguson and johanson booked for nothing challenges (surprise surprise they were the people arguing the toss with d'urso after the little fracas earlier). the penalty decision was unbelievable. there must be 100s of worse challenges and little niggles than that in the penalty area every match.

what a cock, cost us the draw.

tho our shocking defence cost us the win unsure.gif

Edited by vindaloobob

Your not even a real blackburn fan so dont talk utter pants. Living in oslo, you just dont think or have the same feelings as people in this country.

You're talking out of your arse mate.

You think I've been involved in building up this site, as well as the norwegian one over the last years if I'm not a 'real' fan?

You know nothing about me.

nothing happened for their penalty, it was a simply disgraceful refereeing decision, a mistake, a gross incompetence and a complete and utter F*** up by the so called man in the middle.

Does anyone recall Gallagher being suspended for incomptent refereeing ? If the big wigs are watching or rahter watched the match then Dickead durso should follow suit and take the red card himself.

the man is simply shocking as a ref.

As for the Rovers performance, impressed but gutted.

The workrate of Fergie and Tugay, the enthusiasm of Dickov and the second half running of Emerton deserved a draw at least.

Souness will be furious and it will be interesting to read his views on the referee.

he managed to pick up every foul committed by a Blue and yet failed to see any penalty when Dickov was scythed by Beattie, he failed to see the elbow by le sulk, he didnt see the nasty challenge by beattie on Gray, he missed the foul by telfer on Emerton. In fact he gave us NOTHING and them everything.

Now its the good hiding at Arsenal to come.

Oh what joy to get the big guns out of the way now before they really settle.

What price a treble ?

Arsenal away win

manure home win

Newcastle away win

must be combined odds of around 500-1

tinykit.gif

Seeing as you're such a real good fan living in England; why aren't you at the game???

tchocky's as real a fan as any one. So dont start Greg.

Who designed this messageboard?

er tchocky?

Who did it for free

er tchocky...

whos taking out the defeat on anyone

errrr

Greggyk

whos wrong about Souness?

tchocky

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.