BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Southampton 3 - 2 Rovers

whats all this andy cole business ?

who cares what he did today, does tomorrow and in the future ?

he systematically began to drain our club dry and gave nothing or little in return following the well publicised spat. Let him go he is a mercenary and a foolham player now.

thumbs-up.gif

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats all this andy cole business ?

who cares what he did today, does tomorrow and in the future ?

he systematically began to drain our club dry and gave nothing or little in return following the well publicised spat. Let him go he is a mercenary and a foolham player now.

thumbs-up.gif

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MAN!!!???? mad.gif

He gave little or nothing after his well publicised spat.....EH,COME AGAIN?

Do you mean the same fella who knuckled down and looked to be forming a fantastic partnership with Stead? the same player who was given a standing ovation last game of season?

I stand by what many think but dare not say Roverite......Souness will rue the selling of Cole and it could well be his downfall.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Andy Cole - he's obviously motivated by his move, just like he was when he came here. Just watch him falter in his second season, if it takes that long. I think we should worry more about what he'll do to our shambolic defense when we play them, than what he's up to now.

I don't know about his second goal, but apparently Cole's first was a Zat Knight header that brushed Cole on the way in - at least that's what the Sky commentator said. Mind you Cole also missed a hatful of chances, including an open goal, so maybe it hasn't all changed for him down at the Cottage wink.gif

Edited by Tango

Shocking display by D'Urso. How that was a penalty is comical.

Emerton looked lost until Flitcroft came off

Was Flitcroft started to show his stuff to possible buyers today?

Good display by Ferguson and Dickov.

Should of had at least one point today.

Having said that, we always seem to give the Arse problems, and this mid week match shouldn't be any different.

And oh yeah, my vote goes to GreggyK as the number one Rovers fan! laugh.gif

Your not even a real blackburn fan so dont talk utter pants. Living in oslo, you just dont think or have the same feelings as people in this country.

You are so out of order with a comment like that.

If he's not a proper fan then I suppose I can't be either then eh? I must have wasted the nearly 5000 NOK I spent last weekend to get to the West Brom game since I am clearly no fan.

Idiot.

Oh dear. Shocked- NOT I predicted a loss.

A lot of people on here applaud Souseless when he changes formations at half time and things improve.

Now, for the terminally stupid amongst you, I'm going to put this in big letters. HE PICKED THE NUMPTIES THAT PLAYED THE FIRST 45 MINUTES TOO. THOSE WERE HIS "BEST TEAM". Doesn't really say much for his tactical acumen (well actually it says everything that is necessary about his tactical acumen)

Let's all enjoy the relegation zone. We're going to be there for an awfully long time while he remains in charge.

And Greggyk- go and play on a motorway.

Edited by Jan

HE PICKED THE NUMPTIES THAT PLAYED THE FIRST 45 MINUTES

Damn, I have to agree with Jan.

Everyone is on about Souness making good changes at half time in the past two games. Why did he pick the teams and tactics like that in the first place?

Back from the game absoloutely gutted. We were robbed it is fair to say, and it's also fair to say we'll never get a penalty ourselves. I'd put my house on that if that was say Stead who got pushed by say Lundekvam at Ewood Park in the 90th minute we'd never have been given a penalty.

I personally thought that we were pretty average first half, only one real effort from Stead. Their goal was a shocker from us-who was picking up Phillips. We came out and played better second half, scored two good goals and then went to sleep. No closing down for Svensson's goal made it even worse.

I thoght that Emerton was good second half, but my God did he have a shocker 1st half.Re-watch the match tonight, not one pass goes to a Rovers player. Please Souey don't play him right back again. Also thought that Yorkey did well until he went off, however there was nobody to pass to when he did hold the ball up. Dickov did very well too, but the lads gotta cool his temper. Stead was okay, but he didnt get involved enough, I'd expect more from him. Finally Tugay was quality, and Fergie played quite well, took his goal brilliantly.

Very gutted, baffled by playing Flitty right mid and Matteo left mid, as somebody's pointed out, we literally have a full squad to choose from, so why such negative tactics for the first two games??? If this trend is set to continue, how negative will we be against the Gooners?! I reckon a 4-5-1 from Souey this time! It's evident that we need a couple of signings, and I still reckon it should be a pacey winger.

Anyway, time will tell, we've gotta get something against United and Newcastle because after Wednesday we'll be almost rock bottom.

So there it is. A defeat and no points from Southampton. I'm gutted because we deerved more from this game for our 2nd half performance.

I lay the blame in two places:_

Firstly and most importantly, our manager, Graeme Souness. How can he expect to get any points if he only chooses our best players and best formation at half time? How does he expect them to only play for 45 minutes and get a result??

We had a 95% fit squad and he plays Emerton, Matteo and Flitcroft out of position!!!

Two successive games he has made a double substitution at half time which indicates he has picked the wrong side in the first place; for the two games WE NEEDED TO WIN.

Souness either buck up or pack up.

Secondly, the referee, Andy D'Urso. Now I'm not one to slag off refs; honestly. I believe "the ref is always right" even when he's made a mistake. But if you're going to give a penalty in the last few minutes to any side when the scores are level it has to be a blatant, obvious foul.

If that jump by Short was a pen, then both sides should have had 5 pens each throughout the game.

A niggling little thought came to me that D'Urso had been bribed by someone, but I'd better not suggest that.

Gutted

sad.gif

• Backroom

D'Urso ruined that game for me.. talk about being biased, how can a foul by them not warrant a yellow - but same type of foul by us does ??

Also, if they were given a penalty for that challenge by Short - where was our 2 penalties for the blatant hand-balls in thier own area by the Southampton scum ??

Totally bewildered mad.gif

A niggling little thought came to me that D'Urso had been bribed by someone, but I'd better not suggest that.

That thought sometimes occurs to me when I see these "controversial" decisions made . A better theory is that it's a case of egotism , an average bloke wanting to see his name in bold print on the back pages of the papers . A couple of minutes fame even if it is for displaying gross incompetence might be considered worth it for a saddo like D'Urso .

Can't add much to what's been said before.

First half we were appaling, playing four midfielders against a troubled Saints side in the second game of the season was awful. Emerton didn't look happy as a straight right back and was at fault for loosing Phillips for the opener and Gray was pitifully undersupported on the left for the whole game. Why play Matteo, a defender, on the left? At least he could have played a left footer like Gresko if he didn't want De Pedro. Matteo was annonymous except when he sent a fifty yard pass over to the subs warming up. Yorke looked lively up front in the first half and Tugay was good.

Second half was better, I wasn't impressed by Neill at RB but at least he allowed Emerton to get forward. Emerton was hit and miss as usual, but more hit than miss for once, did well to keep the ball in for the second goal. Dickov was fantastic, although he was lucky the ref didn't see his kick on Le Saux. As for the defence, Nisse looked dodgy especially in the last moments when he consistently looked like a rugby fullback kicking for touch. Short was better but neither were entirely convincing.

i realise that this has been said 3582949 times, but im going to say it again anyway

WHERE IS MATT JANSEN??

i know i havent seen him play in person and people have said he was useless in the reserve game the other day, but if he is not even worth a place on the bench then why are we keeping hold of him?? im sure some team would take him on loan. the accident was a long time ago.

surely we have some idea of whether he's ever going to be a decent player again by now. matteo in left midfield?!

Oh dear. Shocked- NOT I predicted a loss.

Oh come now, Jan. You always predict a loss, so I don't exactly see your prediction as divine foresight.

That being said, your point about Souness picking the first half travesty is, all too regrettably, true. His team selection certainly must improve.

On the plus side from today:

Dickov will distract more defenders that Yorke will

Stead, far from looking out of his depth, looks a class above those around him - I really do think he's going to score every time he gets the ball

Tugay can still do it

Good to see Ferguson getting a goal, and the way he got it. No chance of Flitty doing that.

Gray looks excellent

Personally, I though Nissa did OK

But 45 mins with a hopeless formation, 3 players out of position, a ridiculous penalty and a lame keeper meant that even an out of sorts team like the Saints had enough going for them.

• Backroom
But 45 mins with a hopeless formation, 3 players out of position, a ridiculous penalty and a lame keeper meant that even an out of sorts team like the Saints had enough going for them.

Make no mistake BOTH the saints players AND Paul Sturrock will be thanking thier lucky stars (and Andy D'Urso) tonight mad.gif

We was robbed !! and thats all there is to it !

i realise that this has been said 3582949 times, but im going to say it again anyway

WHERE IS MATT JANSEN??

i know i havent seen him play in person and people have said he was useless in the reserve game the other day, but if he is not even worth a place on the bench then why are we keeping hold of him?? im sure some team would take him on loan. the accident was a long time ago.

surely we have some idea of whether he's ever going to be a decent player again by now. matteo in left midfield?!

Try the reserves. If he can't hack it in the reserves how can he come close to the Premiership. You can See him for yourself in Morecambe.

Stead, far from looking out of his depth, looks a class above those around him - I really do think he's going to score every time he gets the ball

Not too sure about that but i hope your right!!

Am I the only one who thinks that???? He provided most of our relatively few class moments today.

I thought his first shot was in; then when he robbed the defender, turned him and shot; his run to make the space for Fergie's goal; his ball over the top for Emerton - the boy is our most exciting young forward I've seen for years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.