BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Southampton 3 - 2 Rovers

Your not even a real blackburn fan so dont talk utter pants. Living in oslo, you just dont think or have the same feelings as people in this country.

You're talking out of your arse mate.

You think I've been involved in building up this site, as well as the norwegian one over the last years if I'm not a 'real' fan?

You know nothing about me.

Don't agree with you on much Tchocky, but I'm with you on this one. Another ignorant post by someone who doesn't understand all that we have to go through to support Rovers.

Just cause I don't live in England doesn't mean I didn't spend over 3,000 pounds last season to watch one match in person and will spend almost the same this season to do the same.

Oh, and VERY disappointed by the Ferguson performance, despite the goal. Our defense also left them too much space too often, it seemed just a matter of time before they equalized. Brad should be given some rest. Emerton showed flashes, but was standing around on the goal. That being said, Beattie isn't THAT good that 2 central defenders need to mark him. And Dickov was MOTM for us, Fernandes or Phillips for them. Fernandes did do most of his best work when he drifted inside, away from Matteo, who did a good job on the left.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is, Souness has NO IDEA what his best team is.

Correct. You're meant to find out your first team in pre-season. Souness messed around and the only thing he found out was that Gresko was the new Patrick Vieira - or so he thought until half-time of the West Brom game.

All hail Souness the tactical numpty. Yes, the last minute pen was outrageous but never mind that. We were playing against a poor and confidence-drained Southampton side and what team does Souness pick?...

A quality centre back on the left wing and an immobile veteran central midfielder (Flitty) on the right wing.

Totally bizarre - but in keeping with Souey's absolute negativity. I bet he'll be happy that we're on target for his 'ambitious' 4th from bottom target.

Gutted. This was such an important game, and we got nothing out of it. In the 2nd half were better for the 1st half of it, great goals by Ferguson and Dickov. Dickov really impressed me, he definitely works very hard. Could have had a penalty too. Stead came very, very close again, and had a good game overall. Saint's second goal was pretty good to be fair, Brad couldn't have saved that. And than that was that incident 12 min from time when the ball looked sure that it was gonna go in for us, I was about to start celebrating Dickov's second goal but somehow it stayed out. (cough Lady Luck cough). We could have won it right there and then.

Saints wanted the 3rd though and maybe we should have gone a bit more attacking ourselves, isntead of trying to hang on. The penalty was non-existant, but than again every now and then you get lucky with penalties. That is ofcourse, unless you're Blackburn Rovers. It's a devestating way to lose, but it's not surprising.

So we've missed an easy 6 points from out first 2 games (easy in terms of our next opponments), and now we have to get the points against Arsenal, ManUn, and Newcastle. Speaks for itself really.

btw yeah that was a really unfair comment greggyk. Not all of us have the opportunity to be living in England, doesn't make us less of a fan.

Edited by Blue and White

Correct. You're meant to find out your first team in pre-season. Souness messed around and the only thing he found out was that Gresko was the new Patrick Vieira - or so he thought until half-time of the West Brom game.

All hail Souness the tactical numpty. Yes, the last minute pen was outrageous but never mind that. We were playing against a poor and confidence-drained Southampton side and what team does Souness pick?...

A quality centre back on the left wing and an immobile veteran central midfielder (Flitty) on the right wing.

Totally bizarre - but in keeping with Souey's absolute negativity. I bet he'll be happy that we're on target for his 'ambitious' 4th from bottom target.

Amen.

(Bolded a comment in quoted post)

tactically I thought that it worked quite well actually, but playing Matteo in left midfield is shocking, LeChuck was right, hes a crap midfielder, so its not his fault because he should be playing centre back, Matteo playing on the wing (still can't believe it) meant that Nissa played and I thought he was poor today.

but allot of positives from players, well done Dickov today, still can't believe MAtteo was left midfield, sure I'm going to wake up and it won't be true.

Total rubbish, not us the officiating AGAIN. I can see why Souness complains. I stick with my conspiracy theory, not just the penalty(if that's what it was) it the whole game there is one rule for one team another for another.

I like Paul Dickov, sorry don't mean to upset the fans who think we should have spent Millions on a "fashionable" name but Dickov is worth his weight in gold. If only we had about five others with his fire and passion.

I hate this game.

What was the conversation between the ref and rover6's second coming of Christ Sturrock about, the one right after the "penalty"? Was the ref telling Sturrock which Swiss bank account to deposit the money in.

I hate this game.

Gutted. This was such an important game, and we got nothing out of it. In the 2nd half were better for the 1st half of it, great goals by Ferguson and Dickov. Dickov really impressed me, he definitely works very hard. Could have had a penalty too. Stead came very, very close again, and had a good game overall. Saint's second goal was pretty good to be fair, Brad couldn't have saved that. And than that was that incident 12 min from time when the ball looked sure that it was gonna go in for us, I was about to start celebrating Dickov's second goal but somehow it stayed out. (cough Lady Luck cough). We could have won it right there and then.

Saints wanted the 3rd though and maybe we should have gone a bit more attacking ourselves, isntead of trying to hang on. The penalty was non-existant, but than again every now and then you get lucky with penalties. That is ofcourse, unless you're Blackburn Rovers. It's a devestating way to lose, but it's not surprising.

So we've missed an easy 6 points from out first 2 games (easy in terms of our next opponments), and now we have to get the points against Arsenal, ManUn, and Newcastle. Speaks for itself really.

btw yeah that was a really unfair comment greggyk. Not all of us have the opportunity to be living in England, doesn't make us less of a fan.

Good Post that. Let's all bow to greggyk, the supreme Rovers fan and Superman in disguise. He must be to be pounding on the keyboard so quickly after the match, or maybe he has a wireless laptop perhaps.

We are all (well there are a few imposters) Rovers fans here. I have not been to a Rovers game in many many moons but if one of you wishes to tell me to my face I am not a fan the next words out of your mouth would most likely come accompanied by copious amounts of blood.

Come on, I thought we did OK today, obviously still room for improvement but it will come.

I hate this game.

Good Post that. Let's all bow to greggyk, the supreme Rovers fan and Superman in disguise. He must be to be pounding on the keyboard so quickly after the match, or maybe he has a wireless laptop perhaps.

We are all (well there are a few imposters) Rovers fans here. I have not been to a Rovers game in many many moons but if one of you wishes to tell me to my face I am not a fan the next words out of your mouth would most likely come accompanied by copious amounts of blood.

Come on, I thought we did OK today, obviously still room for improvement but it will come.

I hate this game.

precisely because we deserved something from the game, and came to within a whisker of getting it, that's why we're so so so upset and gutted. all snatched away by an inept referee. i am beginning to agree with the conspiracy theory against souness by the way.

There's an awful amount of bad language being used. This site used to be above all that but a few people are prepared to ignore that.

Personally, I'm not prepared to edit every ****, so in future the easiest thing is for the mods to simply delete the post.

Please keep posts decent. Oh, and please refrain from personal abuse. smile.gif

Poor decision for the pen simple as that.

Played pretty well in patches, although we did miss Amo.

Gutting to lose in the last minute.

I'm not sure what Souness is trying to achieve with his 1st half teams he continues to select. I can only think he wanted an experienced hard working team in the first half, but it hasn't worked twice now.

Need to get some points and fast. Otherwise confidence and the passing will dissapear. I have to say at times I am pleased with the way we keep the ball.

Need more balance on the left, either a fit de Pedro or MGP in.

Gutting to lose in the fashion we did. It would be just like us to go undefeated now against the big boys.

Nissa played and I thought he was poor today.

You watched a different game to me then. Even the commentators said he beat Beattie to 70-80% of balls played in their direction. He should play again on this performance.

Guest Stannes Blue

Watched match in the pub, was Gary Flitcroft on the pitch in the first half - seriously?!

The penalty decision for the Southampton winner was outrageous, SHORT DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG!

Get your money on us beating Arsenal this week - Lady Luck'll be back from her holls!

The joy of supporting Rovers, eh!?

heres a prediction, after 5 games we will be in the bottom three,

Don't look now but we are 17th at the moment - still Utd are 18th biggrin.gif Could well be bottom three tonight if results go against us.

I agree with all tchocky has said, and his view on the game wink.gif Positives today - Dickov seems a bargain and we now know Fergusson realises there is life beyond the half-way line.

I'm seriously questioning why I bought an ST. More pure crap from a Souness team. Someone said we were fanatstic in the second half, I'm dreading a poor display.

I didn't think we played too badly today, but there's a lot we could improve on.

The distribution from the defence was woeful, with Nissa often the main culprit. However, I have to wonder if Friedel's injury and obvious unwillingness to take backpasses contributed to that.

I thought Tugay had an excellent game today - there was one moment where he skinned a Soton player with a sublime step over in the middle of the park. Great stuff. Rarely gave the ball away and sprayed it around nicely. Shows the man's still got it and has the legs for 90 minutes.

Dickov was most impressive when he came on and should surely start the next match. He created the first, scored the second, and perhaps should have got a penalty in the goal mouth scramble. There was absolutely no more he could have done, and it was nice to see someone out there with a bit of fire in their belly. I can't see him going through the season without getting sent off though...

A lot of positives to take and once we got the left flank settled, I think we'll be sorted. It's not all doom and gloom, stay positive folks. The Rovers always seem to pull a result out of the bag when we least expect them to, and I have a feeling we'll get something out of our next few games.

Bring on the Arse.

The ref lost us the game BUT i am endging closer and closer towards the souness out brigade, if we lose our next 3 games which are going to be difficult then lose to portsmouth on 18th sept i will be gunning for his head on a plate. Im sick of the club revolving around him, he just cares about his own personal pride. Any normal club would just fine players, but he takes it personal and doesnt let them have a sniff. Todd should have had a chance in pre-season and after his performances last season should be in the squad today. Instead we had short and nissa, who arent a premiership partnership. He starts the game with a stupid selection, how can flitty not be good enough for the bench against west brom, but then suddenly warrant a starting place against southampton. Flitty is not good enough to start, if he does start its in his position, not on the right! Matteo should be at the back, not in left midfield. Stupid team selection.

Wen the changes were finally made we looked ok, but to me we just look like a first division side, always vulnerable and look like we could crumble and concede any minute. We played against a very poor team today who are far from their best and lost. Id like to kill the referee but there was some terrible defending on our part for their first two goals.

I have to wonder if souness has taken this club as far as he can and i do fancy a fresh aproach, if results dont improve by the end of september then a whole new management team to freshen the club up, give all players clean slates it could be good for us.

Hat off to Dickov! Pitty we dont have 11 dickovs in the team

Another example of selfish souness. Andy cole, let our top scorer go for nothing when he has a yer left. I see he scored again today.

Friedel, why the hell play an injured keeper when you have a perfectly good one on the bench!

Edited by Blackpool_Rover

Utter D'Isgrace

How that man can ever officiate another Prem game ever again beats me.

Surely the numpties from Fanny Alam in Soho Square will happen to watch the Sky coverage of the last 5 minutes.

"that was never a penalty. Short was jumping for the ball and doing what all defenders do to protect themselves"

"the referee has booked Ferguson again (over footage of him waving the yellow card at Ferguson who is looking dejected and disgusted in equal measure) so that means he was sent off".

Interesting to read post match that he says he confused Ferguson and Tugay--- EH???? Can Toogs challenge the booking he received as D'Isgrace carded Fergie?

To the game - abysmal selection second game running but I thought we played really well first half and controlled most of it. Nissa excellent, Yorke well-motivated and only split second wrong on his offsides, Gray great.

Thought Short had a few dodgy moments and he unfortunately shares the blame with Emerton for Phillips (oops I'm on my own inside the 6 yard box onside with the ball under my feet) goal.

Neill looked good when he came on- why not there from the start and Dickov was fantastic.

I am still lauging/crying at that penalty decision (and the four bookings and the penalty not given for Beattie wrestling Dickov) so losing doesn't hurt much at the moment.

Sure it will when we only have two points at most from our opening five games.

Interesting to read post match that he says he confused Ferguson and Tugay--- EH???? Can Toogs challenge the booking he received as D'Isgrace carded Fergie?

Probably best to keep schtum on that or Ferguson might be finding himself with a three match ban.

If it's 2 yellows, won't it be a 1 match ban?

....and Everton are now 2-1 up at Palace. It can get worse.

yeah, we could be in the relegation zone tonight and we have Arsenal and Man U next

Edit: Just got worse Cole has scored two goals, dam it

Edit2: Everton have 3 goals

Edited by chris

I said it after the west brom game, but if Souness doesn't have the confidence to play a stable 4-4-2 against them and Southampton - teams who are gonna struggle, then it's going to be another long, hard season.

You would think we were hard hit by injuries judging by team selection, but he has virtually a full squad to pick from. sad.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.