BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Souness Goes To Newcastle

Brownie

Quite comical that the Geordies are saying this was their best atmosphere yet many on here where saying they where hardly singing at all.

In addition what about all the empty seats circa 31k - so much for the 'sold out signs' for every match Souness and the best fans the media hype leads people to think they are.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone notice the reported comments of Souness that " Only Wenger and Ferguson would turn this job down". I thought that was precisely what Bruce, Allardyce & about 28 others did do!

after we played Villa the season before last...

Souness said: "I'm extremely upset with Johnsen. I thought he was a proper player. But he wanted our young play (McEveley) to be sent off.

"It was two young lads going for the ball and Johnsen raced over to the ref to tell him to send our player off.

"I always thought he was a proper player but now to me he's just another Jonny Foreigner - and there are a few of those around."

from Annanova

sounds like a match made in heaven

smile.gif

something noone may have picked upon on their magnificent performance for their new manager.

Souness appears to have taken his injury curse with him ohmy.gif

No change with his after match comments

His first class replacement in Johnny Foreigner smacks of desperation, I just wonder if Souness had contemplated him signing for Rovers. In a way I am seriously glad he left before wasting more money.

blink.gif

Saw Ronnie Johnsen in an interview on SSN and was shocked to see him not even speaking English. Bloody Hell, he's been here long enough to learn our language rolleyes.gif

A crap signing (I hope and assume) for the Magpies but I would of preferred Souey of signed Johnsen for us instead of Dominic Matteo.... Actually maybe even gave an old bum off the street a squad number and centre-back position instead of 'Dom'.

Edited by RoverDrake

laugh.gif

ll there is one more thing about his departure

When Matt Jansen was being interviewed in the tunnel after the match you could clearly see this message written all over his face

"Sourness, you made one hell of a cock up. I hope you get what you deserve at Southampton tomorow, absolutley FAFF ALL) tinykit.gif

Saw Ronnie Johnsen in an interview on SSN and was shocked to see him not even speaking English. Bloody Hell, he's been here long enough to learn our language rolleyes.gif

A crap signing (I hope and assume) for the Magpies but I would of preferred Souey of signed Johnsen for us instead of Dominic Matteo.... Actually maybe even gave an old bum off the street a squad number and centre-back position instead of 'Dom'.

You're a tit.

What exactly is it about this attitude of his you have a problem with?

By the way I have no problem with you stating your opinion, it just happens that my opinion is that, well, you're something of a tit.

(He's got you on point 2 though, Mr Fleming tongue.gif )

Dominic Matteo who I dispise and do not appreciate at all  dry.gif  If you can't handle an opinion don't go to a message board.

It really is pathetic to 'despise' a player with no genuine justification but on a whim.

Matteo hasn't excelled for us - but he has been played out of position by Souness.

He's was a hero at Leeds, and there must be a reason for that.

Edited by rover6

Dominic Matteo who I dispise and do not appreciate at all  dry.gif  If you can't handle an opinion don't go to a message board.

It really is pathetic to 'despise' a player with no genuine justification but on a whim.

Matteo hasn't excelled for us - but he has been played out of position by Souness.

This coming from the person who had a signature at the official site saying

'Amo out! Amo out! Negative? Absolutely!'

after a few games into last season.

I actually remember a Leeds game (can't remember too much of it since my attention doesn't exactly focus on Leeds that much) but the pundit on TalkSport was basically saying how he couldn't believe how a professional like Matteo could act in such a way.

But that isn't just my justification in disliking Matteo.

I have never really taken personal swipes at members here but I always just give my opinions on things without wanting arguments or personal insults.

So far I've been slammed for:

*Not liking Matteo as a player, despite the fact a lot of you diss players a lot undeserving of it than him.

*Not supporting the England football team.

This coming from the person who had a signature at the official site saying

'Amo out! Amo out! Negative? Absolutely!'

after a few games into last season.

My position with Amoruso is that I think he hasn't got the necessary attributes to be a good Premiership defender. His sending off against Man U typified that imo.

I can't see your problem with Matteo because he has been a very solid centre half for Leeds and Liverpool. Not brilliant, but for a free transfer I didn't see many clubs getting better value for a defender.

Edited by rover6

well RD for not supporting the English team you should be shot not dissed ! (that is of course unless your Scottish,Irish or welsh at which you should be hung, drawn and quartered laugh.giflaugh.gif )

Oi, what happened to this peace and love attitude of yours from a few posts ago? biggrin.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.