BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Souness Goes To Newcastle

Brownie

Interesting how the Souness apologists - of which there were many at the start of the season - have run for cover in the past ten days.

But then it is impossible to defend the indefensible. For me, the sight of him at the match on Saturday - which he should not have attended if he had had any conscience - with his son wearing Newcastle shirt was absolutely sickening.

Souness should have been sacked a year ago. His negligence and failure to do his overpaid job properly is the reason we are in this mess. His legacy to the club is an ageing and average squad that will struggle to escape relegation.

This is my last word on Souness - I'm just glad he's finally gone - but the weak Rovers board have alot to answer for. They must be grateful that Newcastle have made a difficult decision for them.

I do not feel an ''apologist' for being a Souness supporter whilst he was the manager of Rovers. The fact of life is that all managers move on or are pushed sooner or later. Whomever is in the hotseat at Ewood at any particular time will always have my full support as long as they are trying their best. In his time with us I believe Souness was.

The shame of it I believe is Rovers fans who are always bitching - I see a real Rovers person in the shape of Parkes is now getting stick from some. Madness.

We are only four games into the season - a new manager will arrive soon and we should all get behind whomever it is. This is going to be a difficult season and we all know it.

As far as Souness is now concerned I do not give a toss - I am more interested in what the pretty new bargirl was trying to say to me in Nana Plaza last night than listening to the drivel coming out of St James's Park about how Souness is going to do great things with those North East losers.

He is not Rovers manager so I don't care.

Actually I think one of the problems we have is the young and inexperienced strike force!

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how the arguement of us having a young strikforce comes into anything. Last year, if I remember correctly, did we not finish in the top 6 of high-scorers in the league?

It's our inability to keep cleansheets which is the problem, and so one of the priorities of the new manager should be that they are able to tighten up the defense, simple.

Jim I suppose I am one of those whom you are talking about, as I was a Souness suporter. Now that he his gone I am not bothered, I don't think we have lost anything major and I don't like the way in which he left. However, when he was at the club, like any manager here (barring those bringing the club to absolute ruin) I was going to support him. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt based on the success he has brought to the club in the first 3 years he was here, and so was willing to give him time in order for him to show that he had the club back on the right track. Now that he is gone though, I'm happy to get a new man in with new ideas. I wouldn't have been happy if he had been sacked, though I'm sure none of that really makes sense when all put together tinykit.gif

Fact is, he joined us a struggling Nationwide side and turned into an established Premiership club that won a trophy.

Hopefully when Hughes or whoever leaves Blackburn, he leaves us in a better state than when he came, of our recent managers, only Dalglish and Souness have managed this.

Jim I suppose I am one of those whom you are talking about, as I was a Souness suporter. Now that he his gone I am not bothered, I don't think we have lost anything major and I don't like the way in which he left. However, when he was at the club, like any manager here (barring those bringing the club to absolute ruin) I was going to support him. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt based on the success he has brought to the club in the first 3 years he was here, and so was willing to give him time in order for him to show that he had the club back on the right track. Now that he is gone though, I'm happy to get a new man in with new ideas. I wouldn't have been happy if he had been sacked, though I'm sure none of that really makes sense when all put together tinykit.gif

Not really, but it sums up my feelings on the matter as well as yours. I think I'd have managed to make it more confusing if I'd tried to type it though. smile.gif

..naughty , naughty MCMC, items pertaining to "who will Souness poach" should be placed in the proper recepticle. Failure to do so will result in appropriate penalty and the removal of posting rights.

STEWARDS!

• Backroom

I'm just watching the barcodes on ITV2 (nothing better to do ! sad eh?)

Absolutely pee'd off with Jim Beglin and whoever that twonk of a commentator is - all they've done since the start is go on about Souness.

What really pee's me off though is the fact that no one (media wise that is) went overboard about us when Souness came here ! mad.gif

LMAO ! the twonk of a commentator has just described the game as 'a low key opening to Graeme Souness' reign at Newcastle'

So long Graeme, I would wish you well.... but I hate the barcodes !! tongue.gif

you can definately see a "rovers" style of play with the bar codes, very poor a the back, elusive up front and crap in midfield !

he has just had the little bit of luck that he so missed at Rovers.

cant help sneering about Shearer,Butt and Bellamy on the bench and that souness had donned his new newcastle tie as he sat adjacent to fat fred the whore monger !

Great turn out for him, a half filled stadium with a poor atmosphere!

Not once have I heard any chant recognising Souness, in fact I have hardly heard a chant all evening.

biggrin.gif

I'm just watching the barcodes on ITV2 (nothing better to do ! sad eh?)

LMAO ! the twonk of a commentator has just described the game as 'a low key opening to Graeme Souness' reign at Newcastle'

I watched that 'game' too, with great delight. It was one of the worst matches of 'football' I have ever seen.

Newcastle got lucky and scored a couple of goals but were so pathetic and the looks on Souness/Murray/Deano's faces (and a few of the fans) - complete disbelief at how bad they were - were brilliant. I was disappointed there was only one fight though, was hopeful of more.

Shame Rovers couldn't have got it together on Saturday. Still, there's always Boxing Day wink.gif

Whether it was his tactic to get the back four to launch it long to Paddy and Shola remains to be seen - I guess we'll find out in the next few matches.

You'll find out very quickly sir, that is a Souness style tactic.

Can't wait to see Shearer play right back and Given up front.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.