Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Souness Goes To Newcastle

Brownie

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I've been slammed for:

*Not liking Matteo as a player, despite the fact a lot of you diss players a lot undeserving of it than him.

It's not a question of not liking him. We all have players we like and dislike. You however regularly post how you despise the man. That either makes you a numpty or 16 yr old with no idea how to express proper opnions. How can you despise one of your own players, in fact any player.

Good Call MB

I don't like it when supporters develop a "hatred" for their own players, even if they aren't good enough. If they go out and give their all, it's not their fault they were thrown in when they weren't up to standard.

I don't think Matteo is good enough to be in our starting 11, as a squad player I think he could be useful, however, he hasn't done anything that I know of that could possibly make anyone dislike him.

I didn't see the line-up at the start of the game, but it looked as though Jenas was playing down the left and Bellamy was on the right wing. Some things never change.

That’s what Souness put out as his team.

Bellamy on the right wing, who really never cause Le Saux any problems in the game and Jenas who I can never remember seeing him take on Southampton’s right back.

He later brought on Milner for Kluivert, Milner came on to the right wing with Bellamy going up front and Robert who remained on the bench all game.

So are some of you saying if the likes of Lee Bowyer, Alan Smith or Jon Woodgate joined u wouldn't be against it?

I'm sorry but an opinion and view on your own player goes past just their football ability, it is the image and persona they have. And Matteo is just scum.

You really are just a bit of an idiot aren't you? Please justify that ludicrous statement without just saying something to the effect of "I've never liked his attitude".

I'm sorry but an opinion and view on your own player goes past just their football ability, it is the image and persona they have. And Matteo is just scum.

If you think Matteo is scum then that`s your opinion, but in my opinion if you`re going to give a reason like that against someone, especially for our club.

In my opinion Matteo will never be the club`s best signing ever and I also think he`s poor I will back him and give Matteo my full support whilst he plays for Rovers.

All I`m bothered about is how well a player does on the pitch for the team, I don`t care what they do off it.

Roverdrake, its just the same thing over and over and over again. Infact, I'm sure I've read this before.

AGAIN you have to add your little "I hate Matteo," bit into a post and thread where it has little, if ANY relevance, board members get annoyed at you bringing down the good standard of posts and you use your trademark "its an opinion, if you cant take it don't go on a messageboard," getting people even more annoyed and resulting in personal insults.

LISTEN to this, I don't care if it's an opinion and I'll take it because I have to, but it's a stupid opinion, with no backing and whats far worse is that it NEVER has any relevance. So don't say its just an opinion, because it's the fact you repeat it over and over that irates us.

Don't then try to look intelligent by argueing your case; anyone can argue a case, but that doesn't make you intelligent, conversely it makes you annoying and pretty stupid for continueing to annoy your fellow board members.

• Backroom

I had to giggle this morning when I read on one of the tabloids web-sports section an interview with Souness in which he said that he had told the Newcastle players that "I expect 100% from them, they might not be playing in the positions they are used to, but if they give 100% things will come right in the end"

At least he's warned the bar-codes they are going to be playing anywhere except where they usually do !! biggrin.gif

Methinks I'm sooooooo glad his reign at Ewood is over... the King is dead, Long Live the King !!!

Roverdrake, its just the same thing over and over and over again. Infact, I'm sure I've read this before.

AGAIN you have to add your little "I hate Matteo," bit into a post and thread where it has little, if ANY relevance, board members get annoyed at you bringing down the good standard of posts and you use your trademark "its an opinion, if you cant take it don't go on a messageboard," getting people even more annoyed and resulting in personal insults.

LISTEN to this, I don't care if it's an opinion and I'll take it because I have to, but it's a stupid opinion, with no backing and whats far worse is that it NEVER has any relevance. So don't say its just an opinion, because it's the fact you repeat it over and over that irates us.

Don't then try to look intelligent by argueing your case; anyone can argue a case, but that doesn't make you intelligent, conversely it makes you annoying and pretty stupid for continueing to annoy your fellow board members.

Very well said. Just keep it to a Matteo discussion or something. He plays for us now, no need for it to be brought up over and over again.

And NOTW says Duff and Emerton

And here's me thinking Souness said he did not like wingers in the modern game.

A most Un-Souness like decision made on Sunday, to play Bellamy on the wing.

For the sake fo the Geordies, I hope he's got over his fettish for the midfield diamond formation.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.