SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Souness Goes To Newcastle

Brownie

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GI favour a Strachan appointment I must say. Please not a "romantic", let's bring in Hendry or Newell ror someone else who isn't proven at this level.

Well, I'm sure over the past few years we've had rather a few "let's bring in Hendry as defensive coach toss toss toss" comments.

So, it's nice to see him doing so well in League 1, 3 points from 8 games, really showing his coaching credentials! huh.gif

So far I've been slammed for:

*Not liking Matteo as a player, despite the fact a lot of you diss players a lot undeserving of it than him.

It's not a question of not liking him. We all have players we like and dislike. You however regularly post how you despise the man. That either makes you a numpty or 16 yr old with no idea how to express proper opnions. How can you despise one of your own players, in fact any player.

I found it very very very easy to despise Stig Inge Bjornebye. too easy infact, with my frustration boiling over from the stands

i renamed him 'Hoof'

How Come? HOW COME?!

I just never thought he was any good, the most one-dimensional footballer I ever did see grace Ewood. I could guarantee everytime he got the ball, he would not look to bring it out defence, more just 'hoof' it down the left wing and hope to hell we got it.

I'm sure mr Bellamy would rather play for Hughes, wouldn't say no to him coming to Ewood In January  unsure.gif

I was thinking the same but how much would he cost?

A swap deal for Neill?

Who Knows?

I think we need a new thread on the subject thumbs-up.gif

Get the mods to chaneg the group im under then and il start one for you. ph34r.gif

To be fair, Bellamy has also been quoted as saying that he's happy to play out there for the good of the team - although that same quote does also mention that he's not too happy there.

Who cares? Not our problem anymore, but will probably be amusing to see how many bust-ups develop. And there surely will be some, there's too many dummy-spitters at that place.

Could not help but chuckle when reading these comments by a Newcastle fan on Football 365. Already two matches into his reign and people are having a pop.

If Graeme Souness thinks he can achieve success at St. James' Park by letting his players play out of position he is wrong. Craig Bellamy is not a right winger. I think Souness is afraid to make some tough choices.

What also concerns me is the signing of Ronny Johnsen. Is Johnson at his age so much better than Elliott? Why not giving Elliott a chance and add a defender of the reserve team to the squad to get him some experience with first-team football.

As Bryan says, not our problem anymore.....

All I can say is that Souey's successor at least does much better in the press. So far not only did Hughes get the result we needed, though Im not going to get carried away with that, but everything he says in the press is exactly what I want to hear as a Rovers supporter. From his post-match comments to how he sees the situation in general.

The exact same quotes from Bellamy are used in the reports on both Planet Football-Sky Sports and on BBCi

The headline on Sky Sports reads "BELLAMY IN SOUNESS BLAST"

The headline on BBCi reads "BELLAMY WILLING TO FIT IN"

Flippin journos - why don't they make their minds up !

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.