SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Souness Goes To Newcastle

Brownie

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've missed all the fun as I've been off in sunny Portugal but luckily Scotty kept me up date with all the shocks as they unfolded. My initial feelings were mixed between being stunned but also quite excited. It's a change and probably one that was needed. The fact that we gave got money for him instead of having to pay him off is even better.

Having had time to reflect and read a bit of this thread i'm still excited but a little apprehensive about who we get in. Incidentally I didn't meet any geordies who were even slightly happy about the appointment, most are still annoyed about Robson's sacking or more the way it was done.

I would thank Souness for most of what he has done though I can't say I wish him luck because like Jan I can't stand Newcastle.

Looks like the Souness magic is starting to work at Newcastle already.

It is being reported that Souness, supposedly on "gardening leave" until next Monday, has had a "bust-up" with Patrick Kluivert when the temperamental Dutchman failed to a turn up for a reserve game.

You have to larf. Thank goodness we are rid of this buffoon.

From the Sun, but oh well:

SPAT

Moving on, Sam Allardyce revealed today that he was approached by Newcastle but chose to stay at Bolton for "moral and loyalty" reasons rather than walk out, unlike the unprincipled slimeball Souness.

Dont be such a stupid and vindictive @#/? Magoo........ unless of course you would actually be prepared to say that to his face which somehow I doubt. tongue.gif You choose to use words lie 'Morality' and 'loyalty' but somehow they are not words that I would ever associate with you.

Souness was undoubtedly on the ropes at Blackburn (not for being an unprincipled slimeball btw but rather for losing his way with the team) whilst Allardyce is currently on a roll at Notlob.

Read between the lines and Sam is saying YES I am available to a big club but I would be stupid to take the Newcastle job because with Fat Freddie at the helm, AS playing God and lots of little men with inflated ego's is a poisoned chalice which with a nice safe 10 year contract at Bolton in the bank . So thanks but no thanks Freddie.

I suspect Dickov may score more goals because he'll play more often. If, however, you put them both in the same position and gave each 10 identical goal-scoring opportunities, who do you think would come out better??

Anyway I like Kluivert. I won a decent sum of money on Euro 2000 because of him- and England going out.

Honestly?

Probably Dickov

rover.gif well in the end i got my way,all round souness resigning has been a god send for the club.

the number off times i got slated on this board for asking for sourness's head and then he gives it us on a platter,i am still not uptodate with the going on's off this week.

from last summer onwards i thought souness was losing the plot,the sales his buys were baffling.but before that he had been a breath of fresh air to the club.

he took us from the depths off division 1 to the highs off the premier league,i thank him for that.it just went wrong somewhere along the line.

i won't wish him well at newcastle because they are a team i despise,but i think the souness of the last 18 month's and the mighty magpies will go hand in hand. tinykit.gif

waggy

half of my family are avid NUFC supporters and they ALL agree with what you have said in the last post.

The fear they have is that souness along with his sidekick Saunders will completely destroy the fragile relationship between players and upper tier management and cause the biggest self destruction since Leeds United tongue.gif

The fear they have is that souness along with his sidekick Saunders will completely destroy the fragile relationship between players and upper tier management and cause the biggest self destruction since Leeds United tongue.gif

Now wouldn't that be a shame wink.gif

Is that the same morals and principals that mean Allardyce can talk about another managers job whereby the unwritten rule is that you don't, no matter how much pressure etc they are under?

And did I tell all you lot I was offered the Newcastle job before Souness ............... oh no I've done it too.

I have to say the way we do business as a club is a credit to Mr Williams - contrast this with the pressure Souness is under now being at least 4th choice (Bruce, Allardyce and myself) whereas we come out and expressly say our shortlist contains 3 names form 30 applicants and one of these will be appointed to the job.

laugh.gif Jan: Newcastle sign Huddersfield striker - "delighted to see new Stead at Newcastle", Souness declares.

July: "He's a proper person, but Lady Luck has not helped him much this year."

You really shouldn't, Graeme, you were lucky with Stead, don't push it! rolleyes.giftongue.gif

Edited by herbergeehh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.