SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't care who it is now (as long as teh shortlist is correct), but they have to appoint before the next game.

TP's time has come I'm afraid. I'm sure he'll be well catered for.

agree. I really dont care who they appoint. I trust the board not to make a stupid appointment like Peter Reid. But it does not look as if Graham will join sad.gif

Hopefully we can have a new manager by Monday so he can have a whole week to train with our squad. The pompey game is now a MUST WIN game

new ladbrokes odds are:

Mark Hughes 6/4

Iain Dowie 2/1

Dick Advocaat 3/1

Edited by greggyk

you obviously havent read the morning press or listened to the local radio before the match then !

He has stated that Rovers are a low profile club now and that they should have a low profile manager.

Its in black and white and is loud and clear as ten bells on the radio ! sad.gif

Got to agree with Roverdrake on this one guys, I heard the interview on SSN with Tony Parkes saying he expected us to appoint a high profile manager. I have also heard him being quoted as saying it will be a low profile manager, looks like he's hedging his bets.

I'm sitting through the pompey - Palace game just to hear Dowie's interview. Hope the interviewer asks the question.

Nope , he bottled it. (Unless of course Dowie told him he wouldn't answer questions on his future before the camera's rolled! wink.gif )

Just got back from watching that garbage today and I can't help thinking that if Dowie is approached he may think he has a better chance of staying in the premiership with Palace. I'm bloody fuming at such a display of ineptitude. mad.gif

After today's performance i think we need an expeirenced manager to restore some pride back into the team. I would go for Strachan. He has done well at worse teams than us. I like Mark Hughes but he may need a bit of a learning curve. Does anybody know who MH's number 2 would be? This could make all the difference!

I have been told that Hughes remains the first choice. I expect movement on this tommorrow. If we can't get him then we will interview Houllier and Strachan. Also the board (especially Rob Coar and John Williams) hold Peter Reid in great esteem but at the moment I do not expect them to go for him. With today's result I think Rovers will push to have the manager in place very early next week.

As ever if I hear anything more concrete will post it on here.

I dont see what the problem is with Houllier?Are we so up our own's that we wanna play good football and win?Which one would we rather,i know id take 1-0 wins anyday.

With that said,Im leaning towards Strachan personally.The little carrot might just be the kind of coach that would inspire these lazy bums that are supposed to be representing the club.

I tend to agree with TP actually, we don't have a lot of money anymore - so a young manager with enthusiasm could do the trick. I don't believe we NEED strenghtening of our current squad, perhaps except a young defender or a central midfielder. If we can get someone who's not afraid of using our youngsters (McEveley for centre back please!) I'd be delighted.

Doesn't Mark Hughes use a lot of young players for Wales? Earnshaw, Gabbidon etc...? Or is it just me trying to find a glimmer of hope after a terrible match?

Who ever is the man he needs to be appointed early this next week to give the place a lift. As I understand it today's performance was shambolic.

For some strange reason I have a feeling that the announcement will be made at the same time as the Newcastle press conference where they unveil Souness (Monday 1pm I think).

Kamy or Jim

have you not got any snippets for us about who may just be the man to be put in the hot eat ?

blink.gif

Our lot played like they were in a Korma today.

Houllier, go and get him.

Houllier?!! Please tell me what you have been drinking today because I would love some to get over todays game!

Did you see what he did to Liverpool? He turned them into a boring defensive, too direct, long ball team from one of the most attractive football playing teams in the country. Before people start saying he won *a* treble, remember how they won those three cups, The league cup was won on pens after they got lucky, the FA Cup was won after they robbed Arsenal (remember those handballs by Mr. Judas Henchoz? - the most blatant handballs I've ever seen in my life!) and they won the UEFA Cup in goldern goal extra time from an own goal.

Anyway rant over, I'd rather have anyone that stupid Who-lier especially after the Neill thing.

Adopted Scouser maybe you should remove the 'adopted' part of your name wink.giftongue.gif

Radio Lancs commentators made the point that although Dowie is not under contract, his back room staff are and that the chairman of CP would demand compensation as well as maybe hold the job up.

Dinnis went for Hughes and the other fellow fpr Strachan,partly but not exclusiveley with the agreement of the kit man.(No change in manager's kit-smae initials).