589 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the Mark Hughes appointment

• Yes - He was my first choice
    • Yes
    • Undecided
    • No
    • Angry.
    • I wanted Grooby

Fergie's book didn't come out until late 1999 and Kidd privately stated he felt it led to his downfall at Ewood. I've thought many things of Kidd, most not nice, but having met him in Manchester once I can testify he is a lovely fella. This was after his sacking by the way.

The fact that he always resisted the chance to reply to Fergie's comments says wonders for Kidd. All he said was:-

'If you work for a person for more than 10 years, you get to know a lot about them. I've chosen to respect that relationship. Clearly Alex has not.'

Privately Kidd was devasted by the attack which was in fact highly vindictive and stunned many even at United, Dave Fevre was one who backed this up. It's one of the many reasons why I've always said about Fergie he will go down as a great manager but never as a great man.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..tomorrow cant come quick enough!

Me to SG.

Hopefully tomorrow isnt an anti climax, but I'm more excited about tomorrows game than I've been for quite a long time.

Although its still the same squad of players and I dont expect over night changes in their performances, I've now got the buzz of expectancy, something thats been missing for quite a while at Ewood.

Not one player has come out and rubbished him or dissed him in any way.

That for me shows the professionalism around the club players.

Judging by the comments attributed to mssrs Short,Flitcroft and Jansen there appears to be a masive upchange in mood within the club.

What is Jansen supposed to have said and where was it quoted?

Reading the various articles in the LET today has convinced me even more about Mark Hughes - I like the cut of his jib.

And also great to read that we will have two fully Uefa qualified coaches in Hughes and Bowen - I am now expecting quality of coaching to rival the standards set by Harford in our Golden Age.

Another thought that struck me is that, given Hughes job with Wales and the fact that half of his squad were outside the Premiership - he must have seen more games at that level and hopefully spotted more talent than any other manager around. Hence I also expect a few Alan Wright type signings once January rolls around.

Another thought that struck me is that, given Hughes job with Wales and the fact that half of his squad were outside the Premiership - he must have seen more games at that level and hopefully spotted more talent than any other manager around. Hence I also expect a few Alan Wright type signings once January rolls around.

Daniel Gabbidon please.

That is the one thing we can be grateful to Souness for: he jumped the sinking ship so early in the season that Hughes has plenty of time to turn the club around.

It's going to be quite a test for young Mark. Even with the poor and demoralised squad of players bequeathed to him by Souness, he will be expected to provide instant results.

I, for one, however, will not be turning against him. It was a brave decision by the board to appoint Hughes when other, more experienced candidates were available, but I think they have got the right man.

and here is the other one for you Tony D.

"Blackburn's other problem has been winning at home, surprising for a club with such passionate supporters." That's an interesting way of putting it haha. He talks well about our club, nice little article.

i would not disagree with calling us passionate. I know not many people turn up for the games but I dont think I've seen another bunch of supporters cheer as crazily as rovers fans do when scoring a goal wink.gif

i think its mainly due to desperation really laugh.gif

Disapppointing to read all this negative reaction to the appointment of Mark Hughes.

We should all extend him a very warm welcome to the club and wish him luck in sorting out the mess left by Souness, starting with victory over Pompey on Saturday.

Tony Diamond Inc heres one:

Can we make that his sig? laugh.gif