BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hughes Out

Flopsy

Right - Im sure im having knee jerk reaction to the fact that we have lost the last 2 games back to back 4-0 with two players scoring a hattrick. That we have no spirit, no fight, no skill, no pace, no invention, just a shakey defence and a toothless attack.

Im sure most people would blame Souness and yes it his partially his fault.

BUT

I have never seen a team under souness not try to fight and get an equaliser. Team selections under GS where sometimes strange (oh well quite a lot of the time) but playing Djorkiev and Dickov up front is wrong in my opinion, we need Dickov and a young fast striker (Stead, Gally or Bothroyd) running round. Hughes has had long enough to look at the players and make his mind up, so if Matteo is not up to it (which he blatently isnt - yup thats me and humble pie for lunch) change it - put Nissa back in, put Todd in, play Neill there, play McEveley there but for GOD SAKE MARK CHANGE IT.

So at the moment we are 2nd from bottom with a goal difference of -15 showing none of the characteristics that would prevent us going down. We need a leader as a manager and at the moment we do not have it. He wasnt that good for Wales and he doesnt seem to be that good for Rovers, I knew we should have gone for Strachen.

Prove me wrong Sparky but I doubt you will.

We are going down - If I am wrong thank the lord and feel free to bring this back to the top. But I cant see anything changing in the near future. Can you? And just blaming Souness is not/can not be the answer or teh reason that we are playing worse now than we did before he went.

Oh well I shall now curl up in the fetal position and prepare for the kicking.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just would not mind a bit of respect from our former manager. I was a big fan when he was here but he lost the heart to battle when the board refused to santion him more cash when he wanted Viduka and Hasselbaink.

On joining Newcastle he told the press conference he did not want a question about his previous club (us). He said he has moved on.

And this morning we all awake rumours he is going to raid us for certain players, I am sorry but this is ridiculous.

Hughes has been left in the sh*t. But knowing what our club is about I just know they will support him in January. They better because if they do not we are down and its over.

Huges out after 5 games are you MAD. Mods kindly lock this thread its embarissing

withstupid.gif

not as bad as your spelling mate.

And if after 5 matches there are no improvements and instead the team is worse. What does that say about the manager?

And its not up to you, to tell the mods what to do. You ask nicely.

rover.gif 5 games under souness 2 points

5 games under hughes 4 points

neither have good records but to say sack him after 5 games is a tad harsh,but a understandable knee jerk reaction after another pasting.

what we do now is more important,do we flood the team with young players ie taylor-mceveley-bruce-fitzgerald-donnely - gally- peters-garner -johnson or do we stick with the dross.

i think i would rather go and watch a team of home grown youngsters giving there all,than a set off never beens just going through the motions.till january we have to fight for every point,it is up to mark hughes to decide the way we go about it. tinykit.gif

I have never seen a team under souness not try to fight and get an equaliser. Team selections under GS where sometimes strange (oh well quite a lot of the time) but playing Djorkiev and Dickov up front is wrong in my opinion, we need Dickov and a young fast striker (Stead, Gally or Bothroyd) running round. Hughes has had long enough to look at the players and make his mind up, so if Matteo is not up to it (which he blatently isnt - yup thats me and humble pie for lunch) change it - put Nissa back in, put Todd in, play Neill there, play McEveley there but for GOD SAKE MARK CHANGE IT.

Excatly what I was thinking myself, and I really hope that Hughes aint planning on using Emerton on the left anymore either.

At least Souness trew the players who didnt perform out of the starting XI, dont know if Hughes has the balls to do the same.

Oh well I shall now curl up in the fetal position and prepare for the kicking.

That will be foetal then.

Get a grip Flopse - long way to go yet.

Ferguson will be off to Newcastle in January, and in will come Danny Gabbidon and Robbie Savage.

Savage will fire this lot up just you watch, Chesh will bear me out - he's had a stiffy for Savage for a long time.

5 Games, didn't take as long as I thought. Didn't wan't Hughes in the first place but even I am prepared to give him 6 games biggrin.gif

Change takes time, Sparky will be implementing new things, it's going to take a while. It's only his second week in charge full time, he also needs time to assess our younger players, see if he thinks any of those can do a job. Rememeber it's always darkest before the dawn. We can do this. Neill has to go, was great first season he's been poor since he signed the fat long term contract. New RB one or two new center halves and some life up front along with a ball winner in the middle. Not much is it? Bloody hell he has a hell of a job.

We will beat Liverpool.

Rovers need some players with skill. We have about three or four premiership quality players and thats just not good enough. Hopefully hughes brings in some quality in january but we'll probably be bottom by then.

Were bottom now!

Ferguson will be off to Newcastle in January..........

Every cloud has a silver lining.............

I do hope Souness has the decency to offer £7.5m for Barry Ferguson who is going to be a "top, top player in the Premier League" laugh.gif

The board have taken the risk to appoint Hughes and now we need to give him a chance to prove his worth.

I agree that he hasn't impressed as a manager to date. His selections have been strange and I don't like the idea of playing Paul Dickov on his own up front (albeit with Djorkaeff behind).

And the way the team have capitulated in the second half of the last two games, doesn't say a lot for Sparky's half time pep talks. Whilst I loathe using Souness as a benchmark for anything positive, I'm pretty sure that for the second half Souness would have made a couple of changes immediately and sent the team out fired up with the intent of regaining some respect.

HOWEVER, Hughes has a poor team to work with. No defensive midfielder to speak of and no decent centre half to speak of (although I think Matteo could be alright). Those two positions are crucial to the spine of the team and we're severely lacking.

My hope for improvement lies in the fact that good managers have had tricky spells before. Alex Ferguson was close to the sack at the start of his Man U tenure. Arsene Wenger didn't win anything for the first few years at Arsenal. Sam Allardyce and Nigel Worthington both failed at Blackpool. Graeme Souness didn't have an auspicious start with us in the promotion season.

So things can turn around. I'd say give Hughes a chance in the transfer market and if things are still bad, we cut our losses.

Huges out after 5 games are you MAD. Mods kindly lock this thread its embarissing

withstupid.gif

And if after 5 matches there are no improvements and instead the team is worse. What does that say about the manager?

And its not up to you, to tell the mods what to do. You ask nicely.

Yeh thats brilliant, concentrate on my admitidly woeful spelling rather then answering the question at hand. Actually if your spelling was 100% yourself then you might have something, but as its not.... wink.gif

Get behind the team and give hughes some time, its not his squad.

Hughes isn't just going to sit back and wait for something to happen. He wants to prove his worth as a manager and so he will do everything he can to turn things round.

Thing is, we've the same bunch of players who effectively beat Man Utd (playing a fair bit of the match with 10 men) so they can't be that bad!

It's been a difficult time with Souey leaving so unexpectedly and Mark still involved with the Welsh team; they've only had a short time as a unit. I know it's very worrying for us as supporters but there's time yet to turn things round.

As I said in another thread, I can't believe people are seriously saying Hughes should be sacked. If every manager or player was to be dropped if they didn't make an instant impact then there would be hardly any teams in the PL!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.