BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mk Dons @ Stadium Mk, Saturday October 17Th 15:00 Ko

• Backroom

Is Adam Henley out of the Burnley game?

I'm sat here with a dingle and he thinks it's a three game ban for him?

I'm not sure. Ideas?

If it's a straight red I think it's a 3 game ban? Guess we'll be starting Marshall there... :unsure:

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gav, I don't know exactly where you currently stand and would love you to clarify because I'm interested. Although I've picked up you are supportive of him and critical of those who have had enough of him, I'd be amazed if you aren't growing increasingly critical of Bowyer.

I get the historical hatred against the owners 100% and ideally, I'd have someone with genuine affection for the club in charge. I just think that despite who owns us, the overall aim should simply be for a successful Blackburn Rovers and we should make every small step to get us back to where Jack placed us. Without going over old ground and disagreements, i still want to avoid the all out implosion method until absolutely necessary. We have decent players, capable of much better, and we are way too accepting of what was a genuine, but very mediocre appointment. He isn't performing and sadly it's time to vent at him because he is either too comfortable, in denial or plain deluded and needs to snap out of it (probably due to the silence). Genuinely, too often I'm struggling to bite my tongue come match day and my disdain is focused initially at the abject figure in the dugout - who too often seems to think things are going swimmingly. If things continue as they are and he's still there next season, then I have to draw the line and say, i won't be getting a season ticket because hours are precious to me and I feel as though I waste them on something so predictable and too often, passionless. It goes to show how long we've been starved of the basics in that I loved seeing us play with effort and spirit at the last home match - but it's definitely a case of too little, way too late.

Regarding mentioning that the site is degrading, you are obviously an opinionated chap and more than happy to point the finger at what you feel is the cause (for your personal disinterest) - i respect you for that. Personally, i think that's all great because, unlike some, i think the site needs conflict to develop conversation and breed passion. It's part of being a football fan and so long as there's no racism and bullying etc. I think that disagreements are great.

Re your criticism of some of my posts, I only visit here fleetingly and dip in and out - usually when i can't sleep or if the kids are watching the same movie for the nth time! I generally don't have the time to read page after page of previous posts and am, admittedly, very reactive to posts over the last page or two. So, apologies if you feel as though you cover old ground with me at times but I won't be on my own.

Personally, I feel there are a number of reasons for things going stale on here - most notably (from my point of view) there are currently grown men sulking, ridiculous totting up points for misdemeanours (that in fairness we agree to) and a kind of self-elected hieraarchy who think that their opinion and post count carries more weight than the rest and unfortunately, they soon smother the opinion of an enthusiastic newbie. We haven't got the balance right yet! Above all though, the most overriding element is the stagnation of the club and thousands becoming disinterested in it in general. Only a push for promotion, brought on by an inspired appointment will change that.

Anyway, sorry for wittering on...where we're we???

That reply is worth the effort :tu:

I've backed Bowyer for most of his time here, mainly because I feel he's a good guy trying his best for the right reasons, and my god we need someone who has the best interests of the football club at heart to do something good!

All that said he lost my support strangely enough at the Liverpool home game, 30k in attendance, with thousands of Rovers fans locked out on the night with the pathetic restrictions put in place, and we persists with hitting long high balls to Rhodes when Liverpool were their for the taking. Now I know Bowyers default position is to hit high balls to Rhodes, but if he had no game plan for a poor Liverpool side at home in front of a full house he never will have, so he lost me that night.

I don't have a burning desire to see him removed at the moment, history shows us that we'll probably end up with someone far worse if he's sacked, so if he stays on I'll not lose any sleep over that.

My end game in all of this is to see the owners crawl back under the rock from where they came from, I'd happily take league 2 administration and start again to get rid of these idiots because we will not improve or progress whilst Venkys are involved in this club, its not going to happen. As a footballing side we get worse each year, as a club we decline year upon year, to hold out for some perverted notion that Venkys will come good is just madness, so we need rid and take the consequences.

As for this site, well its a shadow of its former self but lets keep things on a football theme as neither of us can really influence that.

You called me an attention seeker for posting about protest, which was fine, you don't really know me. But rest assured if I do something I do it properly and risked a ban/ fine and possible loss of my job last time I took direct action, so I'm one of the few that can claim to have talked the talk and walked the walk, sadly **** got ushered away down the tunnel or we'd have had words :D

So I hope that explains my position and thanks for the reasoned reply :tu:

Playing devils advocate, why can't venkys come good? Folk I'm sure suggested things couldn't come good at birmingham, but they seem to be..

People had their chance of expressing opinions they're all too happy to post on here directly at bowyer, shaw and myers just a few nights ago but it seems face to face the opportunity was bottled(ffs bowyer was walmly applauded!). Don't cry and whinge about it now..

Playing devils advocate, why can't venkys come good? Folk I'm sure suggested things couldn't come good at birmingham, but they seem to be..

Coming good is easy in principle, just appoint a top CEO and back him, both with what he's trying to and - instead of simply backing losses - back real investment. Of course the trick is to find the right one. I wonder if the people backing Bowyer because we could get worse, would back the current set up where the running of the club seems to be entirely in the hands of the three amigos Shaw, Myers and Bowyer - simply because we could do worse?

Coming good is easy in principle, just appoint a top CEO and back him, both with what he's trying to and - instead of simply backing losses - back real investment. Of course the trick is to find the right one. I wonder if the people backing Bowyer because we could get worse, would back the current set up where the running of the club seems to be entirely in the hands of the three amigos Shaw, Myers and Bowyer - simply because we could do worse?

I refer you to my edit above..

We are 15th in the league. End of story

pessimist? Thats down to you NOT me

I am very positive about life and take the positive things from life. Some of you might not but thats aint my problem.

On GB, I like the guy as alot and I think he is the right manager for us BUT at the end of the day the decision is for the owners to make.

What makes him the right manager for us?

Missing promotion twice? As in being nowhere near.

The 2 wins from 12 this season?

The interviews aimed at Pune or saying everything's fine?

Only argument I can think of is we can't get better but even that is a damning reason and Imo untrue.

In law it is categorised as serious foul play.

No it isn't arbitro. From the FA.......

Sending-off offences

A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off if he commits any of the following seven offences:

serious foul play

violent conduct

spitting at an opponent or any other person

denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick

using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures

receiving a second caution in the same match

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct.aspx#ECykfETDXWHUHM6I.99

I refer you to my edit above..

You asked why Venkys couldn't come good. I gave you my opinion. What's that got to do with an action group meeting?

What makes him the right manager for us?

Missing promotion twice? As in being nowhere near.

The 2 wins from 12 this season?

The interviews aimed at Pune or saying everything's fine?

Only argument I can think of is we can't get better but even that is a damning reason and Imo untrue.

Refer back to my previous posts on Bowyer and this subject

• Backroom

I think even Bowyer's most ardent supporters admit that the main reason they want him to stay on is because they fear Venky's will appoint worse. There isn't much else to defend him with at this point.

It's a perfectly valid viewpoint, but the ultimate conclusion there is still that he's not good enough to bring us success - but that a Venky's appointed successor could bring us far more failure than Bowyer has achieved thus far.

Bowyer's win % so far this season is 18.81%. If we fail to beat Derby, Burnley or Leeds in our next three games - which, let's face it, is very possible - it'll be just 14.29%. At some point you have to ask whether it can really get any worse.

I'd say we need at least 7 points minimum from the next three games, or we'll be right back in the mire.

Archived