BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mk Dons @ Stadium Mk, Saturday October 17Th 15:00 Ko

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to some, bad luck is the reason we've lost every match so far this season. At some point you have to realise it isn't luck, it's poor preparation, poor tactics and poor management.

Just seen the foul that led to the sending off - sorry that was bad luck - I would argue that the guy fouled Henley as he had his arm over his shoulder and also questionable whether start of so called foul was outside the area. Will be very interesting to see if Rovers appeal this one or not.

Just seen the foul that led to the sending off - sorry that was bad luck - I would argue that the guy fouled Henley as he had his arm over his shoulder and also questionable whether start of so called foul was outside the area. Will be very interesting to see if Rovers appeal this one or not.

Incidents can't be appealed unless the ref didn't see it..

and also questionable whether start of so called foul was outside the area. Will be very interesting to see if Rovers appeal this one or not.

Doesn't matter where the foul started DMTP. If he's still fouling inside the area it's a penalty.

Incidents can't be appealed unless the ref didn't see it..

I thought a straight red could be appealed but a sending off as a result of two yellows can't.

Maybe not possible to read too much into this result due to the sending off but still a terrible result in a game we surely must have been eyeing up a a possible first away win.

Eleven points from eleven games doesn't make impressive reading either and the next two home games will set the tone for the remainder of the season imo. Six points and we might be able to kick on. Two defeats and we are well and truly in the mire with local bragging rights also lost for the foreseeable future.

Will someone please send for the men in white coats:

"You've seen the performance of them, in the second half they were terrific," he added.
"The response from them, you'd have never been able to tell we were down to ten men".
Didn't we lose the 2nd half two nil ? Good job we weren't bad then Gary !
Colleague of mine who lives down in ''milk 'n' beans'' thought we were abysmal.

• Backroom

"You've seen the performance of them, in the second half they were terrific," he added.
"The response from them, you'd have never been able to tell we were down to ten men".

I was watching Soccer AM this morning and I think it was Peter Beardsley (current Newcastle u21 coach) who said results aren't so important at that level, it's more about developing the players to be ready for the first team, where results are the most important thing.

For me, Bowyer's still very much stuck in u21 manager mode. As long as the performances are good he doesn't seem bothered about the results.

It shouldn't be a surprise MM. Apparently we've only played badly in two full halves + 20 mins in another, over the last two years. He's deluding himself.

11 games now and we've managed two wins.

I was watching Soccer AM this morning and I think it was Peter Beardsley (current Newcastle u21 coach) who said results aren't so important at that level, it's more about developing the players to be ready for the first team, where results are the most important thing.

For me, Bowyer's still very much stuck in u21 manager mode. As long as the performances are good he doesn't seem bothered about the results.

I've been saying pretty much the same for some time now. The way the players perform it looks like the result doesn't particularly matter as long as we put in a reasonable passage of play for 30 or 45 minutes sometime during the game.

I thought it was where the offence started - seen loads of fouls that started outside box, but player finally falls in the area pulled back to free kicks and not penalties

If that was the case a defender could start hacking at a forward on the half way line and finally bring him down on the 6 yard box, knowing the free kick would be taken back to the half way line. No mate.

I've been saying pretty much the same for some time now. The way the players perform it looks like the result doesn't particularly matter as long as we put in a reasonable passage of play for 30 or 45 minutes sometime during the game.

I said to Baz after the result, that I can imagine that after an hour or two of anger from the owners, Bowyer, Shaw and Myers, it would be just another game gone.

Happy valley.

And you were saying we should be winning by 3 or 4 goals before the game. Another prediction wrong yet again. Maybe you should stop making these daft predictions like you do

Like I said before the sending off change the game.

• Backroom

Did he explain the subs?

It sounded like Akpan and Evans were controlling midfield second half and we were getting up a head of steam- then both are hauled off?

The commentator was aghast.

According to Paul wheelock on Twitter Evans was tired and Akpan was booked so didn't want to risk either

Archived