BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mk Dons @ Stadium Mk, Saturday October 17Th 15:00 Ko

Jim's stuff is always worth reading, but I thought he got this bit badly wrong

"At one of those fans’ forum things this week, which I didn’t attend (I can’t stand these stage-managed-by-sycophantic-local-radio occasions).............."

It was anything but stage-managed, by all accounts and not organised by Radio Lancs at all.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

"At one of those fans’ forum things this week, which I didn’t attend (I can’t stand these stage-managed-by-sycophantic-local-radio occasions).............."

It was anything but stage-managed, by all accounts and not organised by Radio Lancs at all.

He's too much of a misery guts that Jim Wilkz imo.

Great news Evans and Rhodes are available. Guthrie out. I take it Koita is still out?

Let's just keep playing the exact same way- 442, high line, high pressing, high intensity, get the through balls and crosses in that Jordan thrives on.

Spot on. If it ain't broke, don't tinker.

Do you know the situation for public transport from MK Central to the stadium please? I have searched various websites and the information is vague and sometimes conflicting.

Thanks in advance.

Hi arbitro [and anyone else who's going to the game by train]

Try either http://www.onemk.co.uk/content/dam/lw/docs/migrated-pdf/Bus_Timetables_Route_1_Nov_03_2014.pdf from Milton Keynes Central to the ground. Apparently it's an half hourly service [5 past the hour or 25 to the hour from Bus stop "Z" outside the station; 12 minutes past and 18 minutes to the hour from the stadium]; or http://www.mkdons.com/news/article/all-aboard-the-shuttle-bus-982551.aspx from Bletchley station.

Hi arbitro [and anyone else who's going to the game by train]

Try either http://www.onemk.co.uk/content/dam/lw/docs/migrated-pdf/Bus_Timetables_Route_1_Nov_03_2014.pdf from Milton Keynes Central to the ground. Apparently it's an half hourly service [5 past the hour or 25 to the hour from Bus stop "Z" outside the station; 12 minutes past and 18 minutes to the hour from the stadium]; or http://www.mkdons.com/news/article/all-aboard-the-shuttle-bus-982551.aspx from Bletchley station.

As a further point on this, I read today that Fenny Stratford is also close to the ground (it's a mile away, whereas Bletchley is about 2 miles).

There's plenty of options - I read that the bus mentioned above drops you off quite close to the away end which is handy!

Looking forward to tomorrow !

I have been reading your posts and most are intelligent and interesting. As a few of you have mentioned, we have been playing well and creating chances but lack a proper goal-scorerer which we had in Grigg last season. We bought Simon Church but he is not a replacement for Grigg or Afobe.

Whereas you have such a player in Rhodes...for my money, he is certainly your main threat to us.

Travel info - if you come by train to CMK, you then need to get a train to Bletchley station - and it is a 20 or so minute walk.

You may think Stadium MK is a bit like other new grounds...stuck in a retail park and lacking character as per older grounds. Now that is a fair assessment, but the "positive" is that once inside, you will like the ground....the seats are padded with good leg room, and are better than the Wembley seats ! You get a great view wherever you sit, and I really like the concourse area between the lower and upper tiers.

Will be interested to know what you thought of your exprience post-match....

PS My mum was from Accrington, just down the road from Blackburn, so I suppose I am "half northern" lol :)

A great preview.

Tomorrow we have to win and we will win.

MKD are on a shocking run of form and their confidence must be shot. No surprise really as I think Robinson is a vastly overrated manager. It took him 5 full seasons to get, arguably, the best resourced club in League 1 into the Championship and they should be doing better this season. I think the guy is a bull-s-h-I-t-t-e-r and hope we never see him at Ewood as our manager.

I expect the red hot Rhodes to notch at least a brace tomorrow and for Rovers to run out very comfortable winners by at least two clear goals.

A huge week ahead of us and we need a minimum of 7 points if we are serious about making an impact this season.

Rovers haven't won away in the last eight aways - must be due one.

Yes I agree with you on that point.

I've put money on a rovers win. I appreciate the contributions of MK Don and the fact he says they have been playing better then their results suggest, but let's hope our recent good form continues. Quite frankly we need to win.

Looking forward to an early start on the local pub bus, good day out in the ale houses of stony stratford and hopefully a win backed by 1500 rovers fans.

also from that article:

'A lad who made his name scoring goals on loan with Saturday’s opponents Milton Keynes, Dele Ali, has after two substitute appearances for England under Roy Hodgson, played almost as much international football as he has in the Premier League in a handful of outings for Spurs.

No offence to the lad, who I hope has a long and productive career, but it wholly devalues the cap and the essence of international soccer itself'.

Dele Ali was an MK Dons player and not there on loan...and when did players suddenly bursting onto the International scene become a bad or recent thing. The lad's got talent, has played well for Spurs all season so he gets a call-up. It hardly 'devalues the cap' when you think of all the shyte that's turned out for England over the years.

also from that article:'A lad who made his name scoring goals on loan with Saturday’s opponents Milton Keynes, Dele Ali, has after two substitute appearances for England under Roy Hodgson, played almost as much international football as he has in the Premier League in a handful of outings for Spurs.No offence to the lad, who I hope has a long and productive career, but it wholly devalues the cap and the essence of international soccer itself'.Dele Ali was an MK Dons player and not there on loan...and when did players suddenly bursting onto the International scene become a bad or recent thing. The lad's got talent, has played well for Spurs all season so he gets a call-up. It hardly 'devalues the cap' when you think of all the shyte that's turned out for England over the years.

The Spurs thing is weird though. More than any other team if you get in their first team an England call up is inevitable and it's been that way for years. Just do not understand as for almond all of my lifetime Spurs have been a fairly average top division team who have the odd good or bad season. Very strange. When I see someone I've never heard of in the England team they always turn out to be Spurs players. Any theories anyone?

The Spurs thing is weird though. More than any other team if you get in their first team an England call up is inevitable and it's been that way for years. Just do not understand as for almond all of my lifetime Spurs have been a fairly average top division team who have the odd good or bad season. Very strange. When I see someone I've never heard of in the England team they always turn out to be Spurs players. Any theories anyone?

Daniel Levy has influence. When a player gets a cap their value increases. Levy is interested in money.

Daniel Levy has influence. When a player gets a cap their value increases. Levy is interested in money.

Fair point. Also Spurs love signing exciting English players - more than any other club I think - and are willing to pay big money go do it - Bentley, Bent, Defoe, Crouch, Jenas, Lennon, Carrick, Parker, Huddlestone, Dawson etc etc - if their highly rated and English Spurs will bug them.

Often it doesn't work out and they lose a lot of money. Like the Bentley or Bent deals. But then they can make it back when it does work out - eg. Carrick. It's a conscious policy driven by the huge premium English players attract.

It does rankle that a players like Bentley or Parker can have really good seasons for Rovers or Charlton but only started getting regular England appearances when going to Spurs. Or Cahill who has obviously been better than the likes of Jagielka or Dawson only broke into the team once at Chelsea.

Subs: Raya, Spurr, Kilgallon, Delfouneso, Williamson, O'Sullivan, Taylor

Bench attacking subs still very weak. Don't think Delfy and O'Sullivan are going to cut it. Good to have Taylor back though. If we do get out of embargo in Jan goalscoring striker and another winger are needed

Archived