BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mk Dons @ Stadium Mk, Saturday October 17Th 15:00 Ko

Just because I live down south doesn't mean I can't make rational judgements about the state of the club. In fact, I'm probably in a better position to do so because I'm not as emotionally involved as the happy-clappers.

If you and Parson want to go back to the dark ages, be my guest, but don't try to drag the rest of us down to your level.

Exactly Amarillo, you're not emotionally involved because you never show sufficient commitment to the club to actually attend matches.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top man- you will NEVER be in a "better" position to discuss the goings on at the club than people who make the effort to go. The fact you are "less emotionally involved" says it all.

An armchair fan with 90s expectations, a serious case of the "I love to WUM" and a problem with anyone who may not quite go along with the moaning... If we had more fans and posters "on your level" we would be below 5k supporters and this website would be dust.

Don't kid yourself that your views are "reality" because it's an opinion just like those you belittle. The only difference is, who do you listen to? The man with his eyes and heart in the ground, or the man miles away with his head up his arse?

Exactly Amarillo, you're not emotionally involved because you never show sufficient commitment to the club to actually attend matches.

A bit harsh guys. I suspect neither of you would be making these comments if he was arguing down your route.

IMO, while not seeing performances on a regular basis means his views should be taken with that in mind, you don't need to attend at all to appreciate - or otherwise - how the club is being mismanaged from top to bottom.

Top man- you will NEVER be in a "better" position to discuss the goings on at the club than people who make the effort to go. The fact you are "less emotionally involved" says it all.

An armchair fan with 90s expectations, a serious case of the "I love to WUM" and a problem with anyone who may not quite go along with the moaning... If we had more fans and posters "on your level" we would be below 5k supporters and this website would be dust.

Don't kid yourself that your views are "reality" because it's an opinion just like those you belittle. The only difference is, who do you listen to? The man with his eyes and heart in the ground, or the man miles away with his head up his arse?

That's the sort of crass and witless rebuttal I've come to expect from you. At least you never disappoint.

If I'm in no position to comment on the club, then prove it. Only you can't. All you can do is hide behind your petty little insults and insinuations about my non-attendance.

There's more to being a fan than attending every game, Parson. I want the best for Rovers, but with you I can't help thinking you'd prefer to see us treading water in the lower leagues as long as Bowyer kept his job.

I try really hard not to get sucked into the bickering on here, but this is starting to really irk me now.

I assume you have intimate details of his finances, personal circumstances, etc. then to make such a bold statement? Just because you can afford the time and cost to follow us over the country no matter the day or time (as commendable as that is..) it doesn't mean that everyone can. He obviously follows the club on here, radio, T.V the odd time we're on and looks out for news, results, etc. as much as anyone else on here. So how does that make him any less of a supporter if that's all he can realistically do? Just because you are in a position to do as much as you do to follow the club, don't try to belittle or look down your nose at those not as fortunate as you. Also, some of us haven't lived through the bad times in the 60's and 70's, etc. because we weren't born, nothing we can do about that I'm afraid, so again, just because you have been (un?) fortunate enough to witness more of our history than some of us younger fans, doesn't give you and others the right to look down your noses at us as if we are somehow lesser fans because of it.

I do agree that those in the ground, seeing the game live are better placed to comment on that particular match, which is why I personally try not to comment on games I don't manage to see. But you don't need a season ticket to be able to comment on the off-field goings on at the club. Or to see the financial reports or the league table and form guide and see that we are currently up the proverbial creek with no paddle and the only person on board who could get us out of it has only taught kids how to use pedalos. He may pick it up, but he's been trying for the last 3 years without success. It'd be some turn around if things suddenly clicked and we got out of this mess, but it's much more likely we'll sink further without getting in someone who's been there and done it before.

We're all here for the same thing, news and discussion on our football club, a lot of people round here on both sides of the opinion divide seem to be forgetting that of late.

Anyway, until next time, back to just reading.

I try really hard not to get sucked into the bickering on here, but this is starting to really irk me now.

I assume you have intimate details of his finances, personal circumstances, etc. then to make such a bold statement? Just because you can afford the time and cost to follow us over the country no matter the day or time (as commendable as that is..) it doesn't mean that everyone can. He obviously follows the club on here, radio, T.V the odd time we're on and looks out for news, results, etc. as much as anyone else on here. So how does that make him any less of a supporter if that's all he can realistically do? Just because you are in a position to do as much as you do to follow the club, don't try to belittle or look down your nose at those not as fortunate as you. Also, some of us haven't lived through the bad times in the 60's and 70's, etc. because we weren't born, nothing we can do about that I'm afraid, so again, just because you have been (un?) fortunate enough to witness more of our history than some of us younger fans, doesn't give you and others the right to look down your noses at us as if we are somehow lesser fans because of it.

I do agree that those in the ground, seeing the game live are better placed to comment on that particular match, which is why I personally try not to comment on games I don't manage to see. But you don't need a season ticket to be able to comment on the off-field goings on at the club. Or to see the financial reports or the league table and form guide and see that we are currently up the proverbial creek with no paddle and the only person on board who could get us out of it has only taught kids how to use pedalos. He may pick it up, but he's been trying for the last 3 years without success. It'd be some turn around if things suddenly clicked and we got out of this mess, but it's much more likely we'll sink further without getting in someone who's been there and done it before.

We're all here for the same thing, news and discussion on our football club, a lot of people round here on both sides of the opinion divide seem to be forgetting that of late.

Well said Reidy. I don't travel away too often anymore, due to time, money, family, work, etc. Does that make me any less of a fan than those that travel? Or my opinion on the goings on at Ewood any less relevant?

I could quote goals conceeded under Bowyer, point tallies away from automatic promotion or the play-offs, our current league position, the number of signings, yearly losses, etc but those with superfan agendas will still argue Bowyer is doing an extremely good job and we are very lucky to have him.

Footballing intelligence is not measured by the number of games you attend, the miles covered, the pies that you eat, nor the shirts and programmes you collect. It can be supplemented by watching, but ultimately stems from playing and it is very clear to me from many comments on here that many have not played the game to any sort of standard at all.

Every rebuttal from the pro-Bowyer supporters tends to include an insult aimed at those who want to see him replaced. Not just at the poster they are in disagreement with, but with digs aimed at anyone else who may dare disagree with the direction the club is heading. Sometimes direct, sometimes indirect.

From reading these posts you'd think that every fan who wants Bowyer sacked either a. 'doesn't attend' or b. 'is too young to have seen anything but the good times/been spoilt by Uncle Jack's money'. I've seen teens down at Ewood singing 'GB's blue & white army' (on their own I might add) and spoken to plenty of seasoned fans who are fed up with the direction the club is heading under Bowyer and the gang. These generalisations are ridiculous and just a means of poking fun/expressing superiority IMO.

• Moderation Lead

Well said Reidy. I don't travel away too often anymore, due to time, money, family, work, etc. Does that make me any less of a fan than those that travel? Or my opinion on the goings on at Ewood any less relevant?

I could quote goals conceeded under Bowyer, point tallies away from automatic promotion or the play-offs, our current league position, the number of signings, yearly losses, etc but those with superfan agendas will still argue Bowyer is doing an extremely good job and we are very lucky to have him.

Footballing intelligence is not measured by the number of games you attend, the miles covered, the pies that you eat, nor the shirts and programmes you collect. It can be supplemented by watching, but ultimately stems from playing and it is very clear to me from many comments on here that many have not played the game to any sort of standard at all.

Glad it isn't just me that's spotted that!

I don't see any posts that say "GB is doing a wonderful job"....

There may be those who still think sacking is not the answer but this black/white mentality is ridiculous.

It's like this- either you join in with the "GB is a buffoon" or your a "superfan".

The middle ground has been completely ignored once again.

We are all experts when it comes to football but quite often things are seen differently. I know of lifelong Rovers fans who have lived through the last five decades, the highs and lows but have stopped going, in the main for the same reason. I still chat to them and respect their opinions.

I detest this superfan attitude and the taking of moral high ground by virtue of attending games. It adds nothing to any debate and quite often soon descends into little spats which turn most people off.

Simple solution really - use the ignore facility.

I don't see any posts that say "GB is doing a wonderful job"....

There may be those who still think sacking is not the answer but this black/white mentality is ridiculous.

It's like this- either you join in with the "GB is a buffoon" or your a "superfan".

The middle ground has been completely ignored once again.

It often will be if you intimate that someone has got their head up their arse :wacko: and we all really should be on the Derby game thread by now anyway.

Just because I live down south doesn't mean I can't make rational judgements about the state of the club. In fact, I'm probably in a better position to do so because I'm not as emotionally involved as the happy-clappers.

If you and Parson want to go back to the dark ages, be my guest, but don't try to drag the rest of us down to your level.

You were making observations on the thoughts and feelings of all the fans when you live 300 miles away and go to no games, so I fail to see how you could make any "rational judgements" on them at all. How many Rovers fans not on here do you interact with to form such certain views on how they feel? So in no position at all really, although at least you admit to being unemotionally involved, which makes you a bystander rather than a fan (short for "fanatic" btw).

I'm quite happy not being at your level, thank you.

You were making observations on the thoughts and feelings of all the fans when you live 300 miles away and go to no games, so I fail to see how you could make any "rational judgements" on them at all. How many Rovers fans not on here do you interact with to form such certain views on how they feel? So in no position at all really, although at least you admit to being unemotionally involved, which makes you a bystander rather than a fan (short for "fanatic" btw).

I'm quite happy not being at your level, thank you.

Someone commented on the forum being quiet when we win. I responded with what I believe to be the reason.

If you think I was talking on behalf of EVERY SINGLE ROVERS FAN, one and all, you're being slightly naive.

I travelled away for the first time this season boyed by some better performances vs Ipswich and Fulham.

Whilst the game was somewhat runied by the sending off after 10 mins it highlighted some major deficiencies with Rovers and dare i say it Mr Bowyer. This is the first time i have openly criticised the man, who i think was the right man post Kean to provide some sstability to the club incidentally.

I sat in the East Stand with the MK fans and my 8 year old lad. The fans were vocal and we joined a class moment from Rovers fans with 'There's only one Howard Kendall'. That was the biggest positive i took from the day.

The MK fans asked what our Plan B would be when Henley got sent off - we didn't have one. They asked what our Plan C would be at 2-0 up. We didn't have one.

MK played some expansive football and with a decent centre forward should have walloped us 5 or 6. We never looked threatening. I actually felt sorry for a professional footballer on saturday. Rhodes got nil service.

If i look at how they played with 2 wingers - the lad Murphy outpaced Marshall in 2nd gear and Duffy in 2nd to 3rd gear. The lad Reeves was creative. This was a team that got outdoen by the likes of Birmingham City yet we had nothing to counter.

No speed down the wings; No creativity through the middle; Nil service to the centre forward. One thing you could not argue about Bowyer was his passion - he lost the plot with the ref and was lucky not to get to the stands based on the expletives he used to address the ref. No Plan B, No Plan C. Not even sure what our Plan A is.

Mr Bowyer for me did what he had to do and we now need someone like the lad at MK - Karl Robinson to bring us some decent football and some decent loan signings like he has there. At least he has some idea.

Unfortunately and here is the rub. Not many would want to come to Blackburn with the stae our club is in and the Leadership of the club have no ability to step up, smell the coffee, and take the important decisions.

With a bit of luck things may look up slightly but thinking we can get beyond mid table with our current line up is a pipe dream.

If only we had a Manager back of Mr H Kendall's calibre and some players with the same drive from that era. Unfortunately and disappointingly we have neither.

Nearly 1400 Rovers fans for a fixture that far away....... Well done to all who made the trip!

Good mix of fans too, some obviously making the trip from London, others from Lancashire. A 5-10 minute period in the second half we were rocking....Uncle Jacks Blue n White Army!

What happened to the idiot guy with the Spongebob doll?

I travelled away for the first time this season boyed by some better performances vs Ipswich and Fulham.

Whilst the game was somewhat runied by the sending off after 10 mins it highlighted some major deficiencies with Rovers and dare i say it Mr Bowyer. This is the first time i have openly criticised the man, who i think was the right man post Kean to provide some sstability to the club incidentally.

I sat in the East Stand with the MK fans and my 8 year old lad. The fans were vocal and we joined a class moment from Rovers fans with 'There's only one Howard Kendall'. That was the biggest positive i took from the day.

The MK fans asked what our Plan B would be when Henley got sent off - we didn't have one. They asked what our Plan C would be at 2-0 up. We didn't have one.

MK played some expansive football and with a decent centre forward should have walloped us 5 or 6. We never looked threatening. I actually felt sorry for a professional footballer on saturday. Rhodes got nil service.

If i look at how they played with 2 wingers - the lad Murphy outpaced Marshall in 2nd gear and Duffy in 2nd to 3rd gear. The lad Reeves was creative. This was a team that got outdoen by the likes of Birmingham City yet we had nothing to counter.

No speed down the wings; No creativity through the middle; Nil service to the centre forward. One thing you could not argue about Bowyer was his passion - he lost the plot with the ref and was lucky not to get to the stands based on the expletives he used to address the ref. No Plan B, No Plan C. Not even sure what our Plan A is.

Mr Bowyer for me did what he had to do and we now need someone like the lad at MK - Karl Robinson to bring us some decent football and some decent loan signings like he has there. At least he has some idea.

Unfortunately and here is the rub. Not many would want to come to Blackburn with the stae our club is in and the Leadership of the club have no ability to step up, smell the coffee, and take the important decisions.

With a bit of luck things may look up slightly but thinking we can get beyond mid table with our current line up is a pipe dream.

If only we had a Manager back of Mr H Kendall's calibre and some players with the same drive from that era. Unfortunately and disappointingly we have neither.

Good post although i'll politely disagree with the not many will want to come to Rovers bit. It's a great job to have and dealing with absent bonkers owners is becoming the norm for a lot of clubs these days. Going off the backing and patience that Bowyer has had from both club and fans as well as the potential in the team and the training set up it's a fantastic prospect.

We aren't a sleeping giant but we are an underachieving medium sized club with a limited but proven potential.

Nearly 1400 Rovers fans for a fixture that far away....... Well done to all who made the trip!

Good mix of fans too, some obviously making the trip from London, others from Lancashire. A 5-10 minute period in the second half we were rocking....Uncle Jacks Blue n White Army!

What happened to the idiot guy with the Spongebob doll?

He wash chucked out early!

Exceptional post.

Your posts are an insult to everyone who laboured to build this club into a bigger and better one. If it were down to people like you, we never would've had the glory years because 'things can always be worse'. It's the sort of small-time mentality that pervades the current regime, and when it starts rubbing off on the terraces, we've already lost.

Fans are fed up of supporting Rovers FULL STOP. They can't enjoy wins because there's no light at the end of the tunnel. It's not like each win is a step towards a bigger goal, other than the bare minimum of league survival. The key difference between now and forty years ago is that we didn't have astronomical debts, a transfer embargo, absentee owners, and the three stooges running the show.

My two pennies worth. I barely get to a half dozen matches per season, my choice and circumstances. However I'm no position to state 'fans are fed up supporting Rovers full stop'. How can I know this when I don't attend enough games to make a judgement? Does this mean I can't comment on the club or team? Of course not, but criticising the people who attend all of the games, good, the bad and the ugly is clearly wrong imo.

I have never met Parsons but he regularly volunteers to write up match reports and attends youth games as well as most if not all Rovers games. This coupled with how long he has supported Rovers gives him a perspective, that I don't have (supported Rovers in 1992). Puts things in perspective for me.

Anyway, I rarely post on here anymore so will go back to lurking lol.

Lets not turn this into something its not, nobody is claiming to be a better fan than anyone else, despite some posters trying to muddy the waters and claim thats so.

When you've got a fan thats been going for over 50yrs, home and away, being slagged off by someone that never goes, has no desire to go which is key to this argument, then something is sadly wrong.

I have the utmost respect for fans like Toronto and USA who simply can't go, but certain posters have access to the club and won#t go, then slag off someone like Parson because he's supporting the club/manager, how can that be right?

Great post. But let's get one thing in perspective - Parson and Chaddy just get on and report their views. That annoys some and then - as Amarillo did here - people use personal abuse such as calling them apologists and all sorts. Rarely (never I think in Parsons case) do they attack other peoples views without first being personally attacked themselves.

Unfortunately the most abusive people on here are the people who want Bowyer out. I guess that is partly because of frustration and a desire to raise the tempreture to create change. However this can be done civilly without personal attacks.

Lets not turn this into something its not, nobody is claiming to be a better fan than anyone else, despite some posters trying to muddy the waters and claim thats so.

When you've got a fan thats been going for over 50yrs, home and away, being slagged off by someone that never goes, has no desire to go which is key to this argument, then something is sadly wrong.

I have the utmost respect for fans like Toronto and USA who simply can't go, but certain posters have access to the club and won#t go, then slag off someone like Parson because he's supporting the club/manager, how can that be right?

Does that mean someone like Parson is above reproach? Do you need a certain number of fan points before you can challenge his views?

I'm not questioning Parson's commitment to following Rovers, I'm questioning his attitude towards the deliberate downsizing and hollowing out of the club, so that even slumming it in the Championship is sold as some kind of triumph.

Archived