BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mk Dons @ Stadium Mk, Saturday October 17Th 15:00 Ko

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The posts I made a month or so again when I was asked similar type of question.

I'm backing Bowyer as manager.

We lose one game and this starts every time.

2 wins in 11 games, on what basis are you backing him?

It's actually worse, including the League Cup and our defeat to Shrewsbury, it's two wins out of twelve. A win ratio of 16.67% is shocking.

Let me answer that, outclassed brfcc's favorite manager Big Mick and his Ipswich side.

Got a draw away at a Hull side that was worth 30m

Hammered Charlton at home

Got a very credible draw at QPR

and in reality should have beaten Fulham

All positive signs in my book, if you're looking for anything more you're either self medicating or deluded in the current climate.

The posts I made a month or so again when I was asked similar type of question.

I'm backing Bowyer as manager.

We lose one game and this starts every time.

I've wanted him out for months. In fact I said he should never have been appointed at the time he was and I have never changed my mind, unlike yourself.

Just remember, its the wins that are the "blip", its the losses and draws that are routine.

The more times I watch it the more its not a penalty or a sending off. The Ref was an incompetent tit. If Rovers appeal and it goes against us does the ban get increased? The MK player loses balance when fouling Henley and then takes a dive.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13877510.MATCH_ANALYSIS___VIDEO_HIGHLIGHTS__MK_Dons_3_Blackburn_Rovers_0/?ref=mac

I can't comment on Bowyer's view of Marshall as I have not watched the full game yet but in the above clip he looks asleep as Evans trys to cover him whilst fouling likes it's going out of business.

The last 5 games before Mk Dons game(sending off affected the game IMV) We have played some very good attacking football with some good passing aswell.

We have total outclassed Ipswich all game

Beaten a Charlton team that was poor but we win.

And 2 very good away draws at Hull and QPR

Plus a very good last 70 mins at Fulham.

End of the day, the fella is seemingly here for the long haul.

In the Kean era I was getting to the stage that I'd hope we'd lose matches, as you'd think 'he'll defintely go if we lose to Bolton at home', or 'bloke int pub knows the boardroom cleaner and she overheard Agnew say he has one more match' and so on and so forth.

All rollocks, of course.

So, with Bowyer, I can only pray that the recent matches Chaddy lists above is our new reality, and MK was just a blip in our Brave New (attacking football) World and not that an odd flurry of decent performances in between months and months of mediocre football is the actual 'blip' before returning to form.

I have a nagging thought that this is 'our time', when we still have decent players, still have a decent wage bill and the Championship is still largely garbage before the REALLY rich clubs start dropping out the PL flush with the cash from the new TV deals.

In a few years time will we look back and think (as we continue to sell our better players and finally drop into League 1), 'was Bowyer really the best we could do?'

We have a manager who says after the MK match: “I thought Marshy gave it a right good go. He always provides us with an attacking option when he plays right-back, and he’s done it before.” but from all the accounts I've read had a stinker of a game.

The lack of proper cover at RB is Bowyer's fault and he has not bothered to address it. Indeed I can recall him saying not long ago that we had cover for most positions.

What is the feckin point of playing someone at RB just because they are an 'attacking option', that may be ok when we are on the offensive but weakens us dramatically in defence. I've watched Marshall on video in the MK game and is a spectator when Evans is rushing around trying to plug gaps left by Marshall. How Evans wasn't guilty of a penalty offence I'll never know but he shouldn't have been doing RB duties anyway. And neither should Marshall for that matter.

I know we will need a RB at least competent in defence v Derby and it's not Marshall.

47er, I wanted Bowyer has manager when he was appointed.

Yes I did flip flop last season for around a couple of weeks but mostly have back him and will continue to do so.

On the RB problem, we have Henley and Lowe but both are unavailable for the Derby game. So its will have to be Marshall in there for the Derby game. Needs must situation. Nyambe isn't ready for the 1st team tho.

We have a manager who says after the MK match: “I thought Marshy gave it a right good go. He always provides us with an attacking option when he plays right-back, and he’s done it before.” but from all the accounts I've read had a stinker of a game.

There was an instance second half when their winger skinned him just inside our half, he simply turned round and walked back towards our goal. No chasing back, nothing. He gave up and that is unacceptable.

2 wins in 12 is pitiful. Played some decent stuff since 2nd half vs Fulham but it was back to the usual rovers under Bowyer on Saturday. We can store this game in the Rotherham away and Doncaster away collection where Bowyer was undone previously by teams that we we should have beaten on paper.

Looking ahead to this week, we gotta take 4 points from the next 2 as a bare minimum. Otherwise 2 wins from 14 is an untenable situation if 2 from 12 isn't already.

Simple factor to all this is that the situation is untenable now as much as it has been for the past 12 months

Bowyer always has an excuse rather than a solution - classic sign that somebody does not know what to do

Funny how other teams can cope with x10 and make it hard for the opposition - using the classic cliché - 'it always appears to get harder when playing 10 men' - not against Rovers though.

Much as I don't like managers to be sacked if Rovers want to prosper ( not inc ridding of the wa n kers v E N kys) they need to get rid of yet another dumbdowned fool who's comments seem to be dumdowning most of the posters on here and good section of spectators who still go.

We are driftwood currently drifting along from one tide to the next on relatively calm seas at present yet heading for the rocks, that just needs somebody to reclaim us and put us to good use, which will not happen with the present 'Captain' at helm or the harbour masters.

The lack of proper cover at RB is Bowyer's fault and he has not bothered to address it. Indeed I can recall him saying not long ago that we had cover for most positions.

What is the feckin point of playing someone at RB just because they are an 'attacking option', that may be ok when we are on the offensive but weakens us dramatically in defence. I've watched Marshall on video in the MK game and is a spectator when Evans is rushing around trying to plug gaps left by Marshall. How Evans wasn't guilty of a penalty offence I'll never know but he shouldn't have been doing RB duties anyway. And neither should Marshall for that matter.

I know we will need a RB at least competent in defence v Derby and it's not Marshall.

This is what happens with Bowyer, when you try to cut him some slack and lay off a bit he comes out with codswallop. All he's doing with those comments is trying to justify it in his own mind and telling himself it's ok. It just shows again that as long as HE thinks they are giving it a go it's fine, whether they are actually playing crap or not is irrelevant to him it seems.

Marshy has struggled with the defensive side of it every time he's played there and never offered a thing in attack from that position. A few times at first he stuck to the task but after that he's looked @#/? off every time he's been shunted there. Add to the fact he's been evidently sulking this season and it's a double sulk at right back. Bowyer just covering his own backside again.

The last 5 games before Mk Dons game(sending off affected the game IMV) We have played some very good attacking football with some good passing aswell.

We have total outclassed Ipswich all game

Beaten a Charlton team that was poor but we win.

And 2 very good away draws at Hull and QPR

Plus a very good last 70 mins at Fulham.

No matter what words you use there can be no excuse for two wins out of twelve.

It's always fun reading the defences of Bowyer and why he should be persevered with. If memory serves, they are similar to those used to defend Kean, when we'd occasionally turn up with some pretty attacking football yet fail to get the result. The only argument for sticking with Bowyer that holds any weight is that we might appoint worse. Still can't see us ever going anywhere under his stewardship. Except backwards.

My biggest frustration from Saturday was going all that way just for the game to be ruined by a red card 10 minutes in.

The conversion of the penalty was insult to injury, and whilst we tried to counter attack and defended ok, 80 minutes with ten men is a handicap few teams can cope with. As soon as it was 2-0 it was game over. In fact my friend an I left the game on the 80 minute mark, so missed the third going in.

At real speed, I can understand why it was given, although from the second tier behind the goal it was difficult to see how much contact was made or where the initial contact took place.

Ifs and buts aside, Henley should have focused on the ball more than the man! Hopefully he'll learn from this. 1-0 down and 11 v 11 still gives you a chance.

I don't think anyone really stood out. If I had to choose a Rovers man of the match, I'd chose Steele, who made several good saves, or Akpan.

I did think Duffy was poor throughout.

My biggest frustration from Saturday was going all that way just for the game to be ruined by a red card 10 minutes in.

The conversion of the penalty was insult to injury, and whilst we tried to counter attack and defended ok, 80 minutes with ten men is a handicap few teams can cope with. As soon as it was 2-0 it was game over. In fact my friend an I left the game on the 80 minute mark, so missed the third going in.

At real speed, I can understand why it was given, although from the second tier behind the goal it was difficult to see how much contact was made or where the initial contact took place.

Ifs and buts aside, Henley should have focused on the ball more than the man! Hopefully he'll learn from this. 1-0 down and 11 v 11 still gives you a chance.

I don't think anyone really stood out. If I had to choose a Rovers man of the match, I'd chose Steele, who made several good saves, or Akpan.

I did think Duffy was poor throughout.

Time and time again Henley and Duffy look poor in this lower league obviously they are a product of the managers standards which highlights just why very few attend Ewood these days.

• Moderation Lead

Time and time again Henley and Duffy look poor in this lower league obviously they are a product of the managers standards which highlights just why very few attend Ewood these days.

I think we both know there's far more to it than that!

Archived