Sign in to follow this  
adam lodge

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

Look at the comments, the West Ham fans hate him already. :D

I'm not sure why people are insisting we have to be nice to him. He was excellent in his first season, then did his best to get move to Chelsea that summer, spent the next season sulking (by which time Roque had replaced him as our main man), then after that was too fat and lazy to play on a regular basis.

Look at the comments, the West Ham fans hate him already. :D

I'm not sure why people are insisting we have to be nice to him. He was excellent in his first season, then did his best to get move to Chelsea that summer, spent the next season sulking (by which time Roque had replaced him as our main man), then after that was too fat and lazy to play on a regular basis.

pretty much sums it up! :rover:

I'm not sure why people are insisting we have to be nice to him.

I'm not sure anyone said to play nice, but the venom towards him is pointless. He's single-handedly screwed his career up and blown his last chance of playing at the World Cup.

I'm not sure anyone said to play nice, but the venom towards him is pointless. He's single-handedly screwed his career up and blown his last chance of playing at the World Cup.

When I saw the South africans being led out by The Axe and they were all singing and dancing in the tunnel it sent shivers up my spine and covered me in goosebumps, also so many South African fans talking about there best player Benni Mccarthy before the WC, the majority not even knowing he wasnt in the squad.

How they really could have done with an in form and fit Benni too, he could have made hero status in his home country if only he would have given some effort, I certainly cant speak for him but if he hasnt got the biggest regret of his life after missing out on that then he was born with no heart.

Such a shame for him to reflect back on in later life, some people just never learn.

When I saw the South africans being led out by The Axe and they were all singing and dancing in the tunnel it sent shivers up my spine and covered me in goosebumps, also so many South African fans talking about there best player Benni Mccarthy before the WC, the majority not even knowing he wasnt in the squad.

How they really could have done with an in form and fit Benni too, he could have made hero status in his home country if only he would have given some effort, I certainly cant speak for him but if he hasnt got the biggest regret of his life after missing out on that then he was born with no heart.

Such a shame for him to reflect back on in later life, some people just never learn.

I don't think Benni is particularly bright and he's likely very selfish. He'll wake up sometime around his early 40s and realize what a fool he's been. By then, though, it will be too late.

I think the above is true of most top tier footballers. They forget what they are (athletes) and instead become celebrities. Problem is without the first they lose the second.

To be honest I think the whole atmosphere in South Africa has gotten to him and made him realise what a complete prat he was especially after getting himself into such great form and shape only a year or two earlier :rolleyes:

A real shame that Benni couldn't get himself to a suitable level of fitness for the tournament for himself as has been mentioned, but also for the South African team. I think they missed a player of his style (when fit and motivated) to give that creative spark and goal threat in the final third of the pitch. I think he would have complimented Katlego Mphela very well up front, playing just off him. Mphela looked too isolated for most of the tournament. He must have felt like a prize idiot watching that tournament from home knowing what could have been.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/7941574/West-Ham-to-fine-Benni-McCarthy-if-striker-does-not-lose-weight.html

To me this just proves what a masterstroke it was getting rid at the time we did, I am just hoping WHU dont take us to court for Robbery

And yet we've had people on the transfer topic this week saying that we shouldn't have sold him!

And yet we've had people on the transfer topic this week saying that we shouldn't have sold him!

They work at McDonald´s Ewood. Maybe even lost their job when Benni left.

Oh yeah I forgot, paying in the region of 50k a week for someone who cannot do their job makes complete sense. Rovers fans never fail to astound me

Oh yeah I forgot, paying in the region of 50k a week for someone who cannot do their job makes complete sense. Rovers fans never fail to astound me

A fat Benni is still better than Heskey or Beattie or Benjani. Just saying. Evidence: his match for us vs Chelsea in the Carling cup last season.

That is bad! :lol: I wasn't sure when we sold him, and loved his time with us, as he was a guaranteed scorer, but you can't but think it was the right time for him to move, given his age and weight. Regardless of what he did for us.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/7941574/West-Ham-to-fine-Benni-McCarthy-if-striker-does-not-lose-weight.html

To me this just proves what a masterstroke it was getting rid at the time we did, I am just hoping WHU dont take us to court for Robbery

David Sullivan - "It's just don't eat ice cream, don't eat cakes." :lol:

That is funny, but Sullivan really is an interfering old ring-piece. Everything he thinks, he tells a journalist. Tomorrow's Sullivan exclusive - "I feel thirsty. Might have a glass of water."

If he can't lose that in a week it's pathetic, I could lose 4/5 times that if required. Gotta question what the hell he is eating/drinking?

A fat Benni is still better than Heskey or Beattie or Benjani. Just saying. Evidence: his match for us vs Chelsea in the Carling cup last season.

Or you could say Benjani is better. Evidence: his game against us last season.

Ideally we'd have none of the above but we need someone better

I was going to post something similar. I'm sure he dismissed Benjani saying you can't base an opinion on a single game

I bet the Wham players morale is high. From that article Sullivan says he'd happily throw all the players out, recuperate all the money paid for them, and start again from scratch. Maybe that's true. But what a stupid thing to say the day before the Premier League starts.

Thank God I was born a Rover :rover:

Just checked my Facebook earlier, and on the "People you might know" in the right column on my homepage guess who's face popped up today?! Benni Mac! :blink:

How did facebook find that reference that I might know him? Don't even have any friends in common (looked at his profile and friends and it looked genuine)

...anyway to keep on topic....his profile picture must be well old as he didn't look that fat -_-

...anyway to keep on topic....his profile picture must be well old as he didn't look that fat -_-

So it wasn't the aerial photograph then?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.