SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vinjay's Latest Rant

Glenn

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 out of 10 to the Mods for having posted the thread- shows sensitivity and openness over and above the call of duty.

Nobody has agreed with Vinjay and there seems to be no apetite to debate the points he raised.

The ensuing debate has been about whether to let him back on.

There is nothing new in Vinjay's rant we hadn't heard before from him apart from Dunny joining the axis of evil.

Let him back on by all means- he'll be banned again within a week.

We have been through this before.

I was one that wanted him to remain the first time. He has shown that nothing has changed with his line of thought, so, if he was reinstated, again, then nothing would change in his approach to the contents of his posts.

Vinjay, please go quietly mad elsewhere.

Mods, don't even give him the benefit of having his thoughts posted on here, they never change, no matter how lucid they may seem.

It's still the same bell clanging the same bloody note.

I always thought that avatar was far more insulting and childish than any of Vinjay's posts . But that's our mods for you....

Always helps if you know what powers mods have Phil, I certainly can't change someones Avatar.

I can edit the rubbish you tend to spout but that's about as far as my powers go.

It's very simple Vinjay was banned for repeatedly hijacking threads with his anti-Walker family stance and, crucially, we are very unsure of our ground if an individual(s) constantly post derogatory remarks of this sort.

None of us are prepared to run the risk of a lawsuit simply to allow Vinjay, or anyone else, to rant on and on about the Walker family. By all means criticise the Trust but not the Walker family. The two are seperate and Vinjay seems to be unable to make this distinction. It's the same with copyright, illegal streaming etc. If we get sued our houses could be on the line, we don't have the knowledge to judge these matters and will always err on the side of caution ~ freedom of speech or not.

BTW - banning etc is done by me, Ste and Glenn. We decide, don't blame the mods.

I do not understand why people want to allow this person back. His email, although well written, contained all the same drivel that he was banned for. So what has changed?

Having said that I agree with wakefieldrawks that his stuff is preferable to Rover the Moon's.

I'll go along with that. A one trick pony with limited ideas, it doesn't ring true. It's probably Catherine Tate.

I'm no cunning linguist, but theres something in his writing style that doesnt convince me. I think its the fact that he seems to want to get "rovers fans" to do something rather than saying "we should all stand up to John Williams"

mods/admin haven't discussed this, so I'm speaking for myself here.

Vinjay does have some points worth discussing. The Walker families involvement is of interest to all rovers fans. If Vinjay would keep this to one topic it wouldn't be a problem. He was asked numerous times to stop poisoning every other thread with his anti Walker stuff. He simply wouldn't.

For that reason alone, I can't see him posting on here again.

Pleasure, you try moderating him then...

Den has outlined the situation perfectly, we even gave him his own thread but he wouldn't stick to it. It was turning into a nightmare as we were constantly having to move his posts and message him about it. It was worse than modding theno ;)

I always get the impression that Vinjay was banned because he was unpopular from the off, and his anti-mainstream opinions were that of a member not associated with the 'original'/close-knit members who seem to get along so well.

Thenodrog does not seem to get the same kind of abuse, yet he's always banging on about certain 'issues'. Not that I agree with Vinjay's points, or for that matter disagree with Thenodrog's! ;-)

And I very much doubt the fact that anyone would be bothered enough to file a law suit against a football messageboard over something as trivial as criticising the owners of a football club. There's being prudent and careful, and there's being just plain silly.

I personally would like Vinjay to be re-instated - even on the terms that he longer was permitted to talk about the Walker family. At the end of the day, this football messageboard is no more important than talking about similar issues over a pint in the pub - so let's not get all power-obsessed now.

Why on earth would anyone want him back on here?

His views, and the way he constantly rambles on about them, are a complete shambles and are just quite simply ludicrous.

How on earth can he have a gripe with John Williams!? The man is doing a fantastic job keeping us in the premiership and allowing us to continue challenging and punching well above our weight.

The bloke clearly has no idea about the history of Rovers or the background associated with the club, and simply beleives that his town should feature a Manchester United style football team.

As for criticizing the Walkers, he's wrong again. It was Jacks idea to invest in Rovers and he was the only real football fan in the family. Therefore he made sure that when he died he had in place what he thought to be a sufficient backup plan for the club. This is now being carried out by the Walker trust. Why should the rest of the family decide to plow millions more into a club which they have no real interest in? We need to be self-sufficient.

You've got that wrong IHB. Vinjay wasn't banned because he was unpopular or because no-one agreed with him. Maybe you can't remember but he did pollute lots of threads with the same kind of posts. People got really fed up with this.

Thenodrog doesn't pollute any posts.

If he was reinstated, it wouldn't be under the terms of him not discussing the Walkers, it would be that he shouldn't post his anti walker stuff on all the threads. That wont happen though, because he was asked not to do that and still continued with his one man crusade.

10 out of 10 to the Mods for having posted the thread- shows sensitivity and openness over and above the Nobody has agreed with Vinjay and there seems to be no apetite to debate the points he raised.

The ensuing debate has been about whether to let him back on.

Really? I counted 10 posts above yours that, in various forms, reckoned there were some valid points being raised. But since none of the heavy posters agreed with him, on that basis he is guilty as charged.

It sometimes needs an extremist PoV to challenge accepted wisdoms, even if listening isn't easy. William Wilberforce stood up in the House of Commons 20 years in a row to raise the issue of abolishing slavery, only to get hoots of derision. Easy to say now he was right, but at the time other members would have gladly banned him.

mods/admin haven't discussed this, so I'm speaking for myself here.

Vinjay does have some points worth discussing. The Walker families involvement is of interest to all rovers fans. If Vinjay would keep this to one topic it wouldn't be a problem. He was asked numerous times to stop poisoning every other thread with his anti Walker stuff. He simply wouldn't.

For that reason alone, I can't see him posting on here again.

My Hero.

And I very much doubt the fact that anyone would be bothered enough to file a law suit against a football messageboard over something as trivial as criticising the owners of a football club. There's being prudent and careful, and there's being just plain silly.

Just to emphasise the Walker Family do not own Blackburn Rovers, the trust does. Therefore Vinjay's posts are fundamentally inaccurate from the start. It's possible a Walker family member might get a touch peed off by the family name, which is proudly assocciated with Rovers, being slagged off all the time when the family is not responsible for the club in any way.

It may be plain silly but there are plenty of sites which have been closed down for similar reasons. A few years back a Coventry City fan was sued by the, then, chairman for libel on the basis the fan ran the messageboard on which libellous remarks were posted. It's not so silly when that happens.

Several sites have been closed by the PL and the FA for publishing copyrighted material. This isn't a joke and speaking personally I'll continue to stop anyhting I think could land the MB in serious trouble.

I don't mind people having utterly ridiculous points of view, I am all for free speech. But he found a way to bring up his favourite topic on as many threads as possible.

for those who want him back, I'm sure you'd start moaning very quickly when he gets up to his old tricks again.

Really? I counted 10 posts above yours that, in various forms, reckoned there were some valid points being raised. But since none of the heavy posters agreed with him, on that basis he is guilty as charged.

It sometimes needs an extremist PoV to challenge accepted wisdoms, even if listening isn't easy. William Wilberforce stood up in the House of Commons 20 years in a row to raise the issue of abolishing slavery, only to get hoots of derision. Easy to say now he was right, but at the time other members would have gladly banned him.

I think you are missing the point a bit my friend, I think what we have here is an extreme case of absence making the heart grow fonder. The Mods are 100% correct the person hijacked almost every bloody thread with the same anti Walker sentiment. That, I for one got well and truly sick of. Let's spare a minute to think of the mods situation. If the person had stuck to a thread or even a couple perhaps he/she could not have been banned. I too doubt he/she has any fondness in it's heart for Rovers. In fact given the fact that most dingles despise Jack because he made us bigger, better and won us stuff It would not surprise me in the least if it was one of them as others have suggested

Edited by USABlue

Was he not also offered the chance to meet JW face to face and talk about what he saw as the issues but did not take the chairman up on the offer, preferring to slag him off on here at every opportunity? I personally have no problem with his right to think and say whatever he wants but I do not want to see his anti-rovers tripe on this message board. I'm not one of the in-crowd and know nobody else who contributes. I just like to read and respond to people's points of view. You couldn't read Vinjay's because they were so vicious and obnoxious and you couldn't respond to anything in them because he'd try to twist everything you said to his own point of view. Please, don't allow him back.

Hands up anyone who, if banned, would send a 1101-word* email to a moderator of the site that had banned you?

Vinjay needs help.

* if you were wondering, so no I didn't............copy & paste into "Word" & its counts them for you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.