27 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Is anyone else enjoying the BBC repeating Test Match Special recordings from recent games? Right now they are replaying the 2005 Ashes 2nd test at Edgbaston. England in some trouble at 29-3 in the second innings......

Its brilliant stuff o2g, even listening to the repeats, really miss the cricket, dare I say more than the football...

TMS is a national institution and should be protected in some way, the coverage on talk sport is awful in comparison, much like talk sport in general, awful radio station.

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

the coverage on talk sport is awful in comparison, much like talk sport in general, awful radio station.

In your opinion.  Some people might argue that its decent., especially when the listening figures are very high in comparison.  

Well I guess Gav's opinion is the only one he's got. For the record my opinion is that I wholeheartedly agree with him. For the South African series when TalkSport had the radio rights I couldn't listen to it - the TMS Social was much better even without the live commentary.

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

In your opinion.  Some people might argue that its decent., especially when the listening figures are very high in comparison.  

They love their tried and tested ‘good cop, bad cop’ routine on there. Some of the presenters dangle whopping pieces of bait out there and people who can’t resist a nibble ring in and give the station revenue so they can continue with more of the same! 
Not for me like, but whatever floats people’s boats! It wouldn’t do for us all to be the same...

Just now, K-Hod said:

They love their tried and tested ‘good cop, bad cop’ routine on there. Some of the presenters dangle whopping pieces of bait out there and people who can’t resist a nibble ring in and give the station revenue so they can continue with more of the same! 
Not for me like, but whatever floats people’s boats! It wouldn’t do for us all to be the same...

I'm on the road a lot and have been listening for years....hawksbee and jacobs in the afternoon is a good listen....

I think you are referring to Adrian Durham, a bit of a wind up merchant to be fair.  Always winding the gooners up...

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Some of the presenters dangle whopping pieces of bait out there and people who can’t resist a nibble ring in....

My favourite is "Newcastle isn't a big club.."

Which they recycle regularly. 

The Geordie Nation are like a team of piranhas feasting on that one.

Always goes down well when it's pointed out they've nowt in about 70 years.  

Although,  suppose that might change if the Saudi blood money comes rolling in. 

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'm on the road a lot and have been listening for years....hawksbee and jacobs in the afternoon is a good listen....

I think you are referring to Adrian Durham, a bit of a wind up merchant to be fair.  Always winding the gooners up...

Yeah, that’s him! 
I usually just have music on really, so I never have much time for it nowadays!

I used to enjoy listening to Hawksbee and Jacobs when I was driving home from work. I loathed listening to Durham. But their actual match coverage has always been awful. 

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Danny on the dreaded talksport 

The day that Alan Brazil put his seal of approval on Steve Kean and slagged off the fans, was the last time I listened to the station regularly. 

Its like The Sun newspaper on radio, absolutely appalling unless you remove your brain before tuning in or didn't have one to start with.

Hawksbee and Jacobs are the exception, rather than the rule.

I watched the final day of the 2005 2nd Ashes Test Match at Edgbaston on Sky yesterday. An absolutely absorbing game and even though I knew we won beforehand, I was still sweating on the outcome right to the final wicket, giving us a 2 run victory. 
I actually felt sorry for Brett Lee at the end(for about 5 seconds 😂).More of the same please Sky.

All league cricket in Scotland cancelled until 2021 source BBC sport. Suspect this may be the fate for local clubs in England also.

3 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

All league cricket in Scotland cancelled until 2021 source BBC sport. Suspect this may be the fate for local clubs in England also.

I'd have thought that cricket was the ideal sport for social distancing 

I've said this for a while. It's certainly easier to keep your distance in cricket than in other sports like rugby. However, they do handle the cricket ball and pass it around between overs and in fact more often than that. Needing to wipe it between each ball bowled would cause real problems

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'd have thought that cricket was the ideal sport for social distancing 

Wicket keeper would need to stand back to a spinner. Slips need to be 2metre apart etc

7 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Wicket keeper would need to stand back to a spinner. Slips need to be 2metre apart etc

Is that it?

58 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

How about a hot, sweaty fast bowler pumping out spittle and sweat within a few inches of the poor old umpire?

13 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

How about a hot, sweaty fast bowler pumping out spittle and sweat within a few inches of the poor old umpire?

Get the umpire to stand at the other end 😃

wicket keeper to long stop.

2 hours ago, den said:

Get the umpire to stand at the other end 😃

wicket keeper to long stop.

Perhaps get a chair for the umpire like Wimbledon. Or let them them sit in the stands watching a monitor 😳