BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Your 2nd Team

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, rigger said:

I went to see QoS play Elgin a while back. It was amusing to hear their fans singing "We are queens , we are queens, we are queens." 

I may be wrong but, I think Queen of the South are the only football club mentioned in the Old Testament. Just a bit of trivia.

Just now, bazza said:

I may be wrong but, I think Queen of the South are the only football club mentioned in the Old Testament. Just a bit of trivia.

Just checked Wikipedia. It was mentioned twice in the NEW testament, not the old.

Other words in the bible which relate to football clubs are:- arsenal, bury, reading, hammer, forest, spurs, hearts, wolves and man's field.

12 hours ago, donnermeat said:

Been to Hamburg on two stag do's last few years (including my own) and I would have loved to catch a game there, shame it was off season when we went.

Though I wouldn't go as far as to call them a second team, my dad is a Man City fan and I go with him maybe 4 or 5 times a year, went to Maine Road with him in my youth too. So I obviously want them to win and such things, but them losing doesn't bother me in any way or anything.

And I would like Settle Sounders to win the MLS cup, mainly because they are sponsored by Xbox.

Hard to get tickets nowadays. 29k sell out every game at bottom of 2nd division.  Worth going just for the Hells bells intro at the start.

• 2 weeks later...

I became a Hajduk Split supporter a couple of weeks ago. Since then, Coyle has been potted, we've got a capable manager, we've picked up 7 out of 9 points, and B*rnlah haven't won a game. Who'd a thunk it?

Also, Hajduk is pronounced "high duck", which is reason enough to follow them.

I support Rovers because they were the first games my dad took me too.  I always check the results of the club from the town I was born in and have frequented many times.  Which feels like a second club.

But if Rovers where to ever not exist then that would be me done with football.

Just now, Jammy said:

I support Rovers because they were the first games my dad took me too.  I always check the results of the club from the town I was born in and have frequented many times.  Which feels like a second club.

But if Rovers where to ever not exist then that would be me done with football.

Which town was that? Don't be shy. :)

Just a comment on second teams, I always want chorley to win however at 1-0 on a chorley game I am not sitting there (or standing) on pins. At Ewood at 1-0 on Saturday it was terrifying.

my dad summed it up with 'its more fun to watch chorley because at rovers it really matters'

Chorley, been going since my Brother played in goal for them, and Darlington where I was born (we moved away to Lancashire when I was one but I tried to get a game in when I visited Grandparents).

Rovers were always number 1.  My Dad used to take me to Deepdale, Turf and Ewood but the wagon wheels and Bovril while standing at the top corner of the Riverside did it for me.

Archived