BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Smallwood signs

48 minutes ago, Phil T said:

What do you sound like? Are you aware that you are a League One club supporter?

You need to get your head out of your arse. Wake up and smell the coffee.

talk down if you want but Scottish football is poor. simple as. Celtic will continue to win the title unless Rangers get a proper local owner in place and Rangers people running it and being the manager

6 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

We must have been watching different games.

The standard of football was ok and way above our L1 status but from about 20 mins in there was only going to be one winner.

Overall Rangers were mediocre.

Rodgers somehow got himself the easiest job in British football.

there was only going to be one winner before the game even started. 

Rangers have zero direction. should have appoint Derek McInnes when Warburton left. 

8 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

We must have been watching different games.

The standard of football was ok and way above our L1 status but from about 20 mins in there was only going to be one winner.

Overall Rangers were mediocre.

Rodgers somehow got himself the easiest job in British football.

Thought we were good value in the first half, paddy Roberts gotvat Hodson but without Alves a World Cup winner with Portugal and Wallace who's a steady left back we got targeted there. Morelos was a clear penalty, Celtic had just too much in the 2nd half but rangers did well first 45 with Candeias countering and Dorrans being a bit further forward.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

talk down if you want but Scottish football is poor. simple as. Celtic will continue to win the title unless Rangers get a proper local owner in place and Rangers people running it and being the manager

there was only going to be one winner before the game even started. 

Rangers have zero direction. should have appoint Derek McInnes when Warburton left. 

Real rangers men? Caixinha is doing okay suggest you look at the Lisbon uni lecture he gave as he's one of the most qualified managers on football. 

Im happy with Pedro ATM 

3 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Thought we were good value in the first half, paddy Roberts gotvat Hodson but without Alves a World Cup winner with Portugal and Wallace who's a steady left back we got targeted there. Morelos was a clear penalty, Celtic had just too much in the 2nd half but rangers did well first 45 with Candeias countering and Dorrans being a bit further forward.

Dorrans could have tried shooting earlier a couple of times when he had the chances.

I like a bit more blood and guts in the Big Firm games ;)

• Like 1

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Real rangers men? Caixinha is doing okay suggest you look at the Lisbon uni lecture he gave as he's one of the most qualified managers on football. 

Im happy with Pedro ATM 

happy for third place then. 

people like Walter Smith, Ally McCoist, etc should be part of the club in some role 

suggest you look at results this season and smells the coffee. never going to beat Celtic or win a league 1 under him 

should have got McInnes or McLeish in

Why do people talk like one day rangers will be back challenging Celtic and this will improve the SPL. Not long back both teams where competing relatively equally and it was still spoke about like it is today only two teams instead of one. That league is the most predictable borefest on the planet . Always was even before rangers went bust

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

happy for third place then. 

people like Walter Smith, Ally McCoist, etc should be part of the club in some role 

suggest you look at results this season and smells the coffee. never going to beat Celtic or win a league 1 under him 

should have got McInnes or McLeish in

Ally McCoist better not come back after his shares grab! Sell out.

We will when Celtic get 30 million CL money and we have just got back up to the top 2nd will do this year till we have some more funds. Park providing soft loans, Looking for investment. Don't forget we've had to spend 5 million on urgent repairs on the big hoose. 

9 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Dorrans could have tried shooting earlier a couple of times when he had the chances.

I like a bit more blood and guts in the Big Firm games ;)

True he's yet to get going. Very impressed with Jack. Pena getting up to speed looks technically brilliant on the ball yards of the pace though the SPL isn't easy its guts and thunder and far more physical let alone he's in a hotel still hitting the Glasgow night bars!

Few years since Dorrans  has played week in week out so I'm giving him time he's struggled in years with injury. It will take time to get him back to anywhere the talent Norwich thought they bought. I see a lot of technique though and he's so calm on the ball and feet are still quick if he can avoid row Z!

it was tame today Celtic have gone up plenty of gears but Rogers improves players. Armstrong has come on ten fold for them and it's good for our national side even letting you equalise recently 2-2 ;)

11 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Ally McCoist better not come back after his shares grab! Sell out.

We will when Celtic get 30 million CL money and we have just got back up to the top 2nd will do this year till we have some more funds. Park providing soft loans, Looking for investment. Don't forget we've had to spend 5 million on urgent repairs on the big hoose. 

We?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Rangers and Celtic today first half is best game of football I've seen for a while, end to end, passionate only one yellow for a Derby so it wasn't stop start both teams a plenty of chances. Crowd from both teams were amazing and most loud vocal I've heard in football.

Tierney from the dirty ones is rated 20 million Dembele more so. 

Morelos looks a player he will be in England soon 25 goals a year type. He's agreesive pacey deadly on goal and runs at players, similar to Dembele and only 21 playing in Finland last year. 

Given poor Motherwell a wage bill of just 30k a week saw Heneghan go to the championship this summer a league higher than were we are it's astounding the lack of respect.

winner of SPL gets 2.5 million. Loser of premiership 130 million. Barton looked great last year back at Burnley and horrendous in Scotland. You come up to the SPL and one thing you get every game is passion. Looks and thunder in commitment a plenty like football used to be.

Celtic know they will turn Sevco Rangers over everytime they play them, home or away. It's better that they exist again in the same division,but I can't see the balance of power switching any time soon.

As for the quality of the game,only one team responsible for increasing that.

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom
3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nominated for player of the month. What a signing he has been. If we had him last year instead of Lowe ,we would have probably stayed up. A great pro 

I think our problems ran a lot deeper than that, but Smallwood is a perfect addition for this league and a very astute signing by TM. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Oh they did alright, but having such an inept captain did not help 

In fairness Lowe was captain in name only. It was obvious nobody else saw him that way. It was possibly a ploy from Venky's to try and inflate his value so that somebody would actually pay some money for him in January before his contract expired. If so, massive fail.

Just now, DE. said:

In fairness Lowe was captain in name only. It was obvious nobody else saw him that way. It was possibly a ploy from Venky's to try and inflate his value so that somebody would actually pay some money for him in January before his contract expired. If so, massive fail.

That was part of the problem 

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That was part of the problem 

I don't think it was a massive issue. Our main problem was Shorts McDonut on the touchline. 

Regardless, Smallwood is giving us exactly what we wanted from the likes of Lowe. He'll need better players around him if we get promoted (very unlikely) but for this league he's a solid professional who knows exactly what he should and shouldn't do. 

• 3 months later...

And Smallwood added: “Benno, that’s how he plays, a bit like me but with more intensity and more speed really. It’s nice to have a partner in there who can do that, I know the others can do that but Benno has adjusted well in the last couple of weeks and long may it continue.”

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15893325.Rovers_midfielder_Richie_Smallwood_on_why_looming_suspension_won_t_change_his_approach_to_the_game/?ref=mac

Honesty from Smallwood, then he realised and quickly added the bit in bold;)

Roughly translated as 'I've been carrying this midfield all season, please leave Bennett there, I'm knackered. Evans and Whittingham don't even run'.

Well said King Richard.

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

And Smallwood added: “Benno, that’s how he plays, a bit like me but with more intensity and more speed really. It’s nice to have a partner in there who can do that, I know the others can do that but Benno has adjusted well in the last couple of weeks and long may it continue.”

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15893325.Rovers_midfielder_Richie_Smallwood_on_why_looming_suspension_won_t_change_his_approach_to_the_game/?ref=mac

Roughly translated as 'I've been carrying this midfield all season, please leave Bennett there, I'm knackered. Evans and Whittingham don't even run'.

Well said King Richard.

The key words to me are intensity and speed. Prior to Bennett moving inside our sedate central midfield pace meant the opposition could control that area of the pitch for long periods in a game. Now we are at them from minute one. Mowbray can take some credit for this but for me he kind of stumbled across it because of injuries.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The key words to me are intensity and speed. Prior to Bennett moving inside our sedate central midfield pace meant the opposition could control that area of the pitch for long periods in a game. Now we are at them from minute one. Mowbray can take some credit for this but for me he kind of stumbled across it because of injuries.

He certainly did stumble upon it - but he instantly tried to dismiss it by saying he still sees Benno as a wide player (then plays him centrally the next game anyway).

Fair play though - I dont recall many of us suggesting Bennett centrally, few calls for right back but thats it.

He is an excellent partner for Smallwood and it his position to lose now in my opinion. However - should Lowe (yeah him again) come in, that position just has to be his as we have been lacking a backwards/sidewards passer since Evans got injured and that is not an easy skill to replace.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Well said King Richard.

He is definitely going to get another booking before the end of March, hopefully it doesn't mean he is suspended against a couple of tricky teams.. A strategic booking might not be the worst idea 

• Like 1