SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dunnfc said:

You can tell looking at the player his body language and positioning.  Ducked it today whilst his teammates stepped up. On that alone I'd be saying no thanks personally. Need players running through walls.

Be surprised with Brum given they released him and arguably have a top talent out on loan who plays left back (Mendy). Norwich have Husband once tipped to be good and Toffolo who last year looked a star out on loan. Again I'd be surprised if they are looking at a L1 player in a struggling side.

I reccomded Moult and McLean. One poster mentioned Walker. Since then Moult (better goalratio than bodin at various clubs) has transferred, Walker this weekend has signed a pre contract and McLean looks to head to the Championship to agree a pre contract whilst a current international. 

Dont think Bodin will make it, play second fiddle to Horgan who's ok. 

Far better league than league one clearly. Just below championship level.

Jorge Grant is the player your thinking of, a poster mentionedit a couple of weeks ago.

Most players in today's game would have refused to play today claiming "their mind wasn't in it".That's being mentally weak

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He will wipe out whatever good will and standing he has acquired with 90% of Rovers fans in the last twelves months in one fell swoop ! When I read " Mowbray was chasing him " I thought " He won't have to run very fast to catch him ! ".

Mowbray will need a good engine to keep up! 

Possible slip of the tounge by Mowbray on RL when asked about transfers he said "always interested in bringing good players back to the club" then hastily reworded and tried to cover up. Mind you if as he disclosed both Evans and Whitt are injured an experienced extra bod would not go amiss even if it is Lowe.

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

Evans and Whittingham injured, can see Lowe coming in 

I’ve a horrible feeling the putting Travis in the middle was Mowbray’s way of drawing attention to this.

If he brings in Lowe as the mainstay CM then we are in for a poor second half of the season. There must be other options out there - even if loanees - than the Unwanted One.

45 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I’ve a horrible feeling the putting Travis in the middle was Mowbray’s way of drawing attention to this.

If he brings in Lowe as the mainstay CM then we are in for a poor second half of the season. There must be other options out there - even if loanees - than the Unwanted One.

And it turned out that Travis had a better game today than Lowe ever did, so that backfired Mowbray.

37 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Most of the spl would be league one at best doesn't mean there are a smattering of decent players up there but the league is tripe. 

The odd player from that league comes over here and does well, just the same as the odd league one or even league two player joining a prem or championship club and doing well. The SPL on the whole is absolute shite :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Butty said:

The odd player from that league comes over here and does well, just the same as the odd league one or even league two player joining a prem or championship club and doing well. The SPL on the whole is absolute shite :lol: 

Aye Dembele went from championship to champions league and a 18 million price tag, van dyke and wanyama to leading PL players. Same goes with PNE snapping up Moult from lowly Motherwell and targeting Windass, whilst we lumber in league one.

Not a brill league but it goes from high end championship to league 1 in team quality but better than the level we are playing at overall.

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Jesus wept. You asked for examples of his mistakes. I gave you one, matron. Go back and read the thread if you can't remember what you wrote half an hour ago.

I asked for examples of why people think he wouldn't cut it in the championship,you gave an example. But now you are saying that isn't you giving an example. Confusing! 

Are you not reading the conversations before posting or are you drunk? 

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Can you remind me of a couple of his mistakes? Thanks 

7 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

He lost his man and the header that allowed the Rotherham lad to flick the ball on for their last minute equaliser in the last game.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I asked for examples of why people think he wouldn't cut it in the championship,you gave an example. But now you are saying that isn't you giving an example. Confusing! 

Are you not reading the conversations before posting or are you drunk? 

Dear me.

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Dear me.

I was asking those who said he couldn't cut it in the championship for examples of his mistakes. You then gave the example of him losing a man at a corner. So that's why you think he can't cut it there,fair enough. Seems a bit flimsy a reason,but OK. 

Pretty sad going back through all the posts. Pretty,pretty sad. 

52 minutes ago, Tom said:

Evans and Whittingham injured, can see Lowe coming in 

Q: 2 players who have imo been really poor for us out. What's the solution?

A: Bring in someone even worse! 

Genius! :huh:

(Not aimed at you Tom but those in charge)

• Backroom
Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Q: 2 players who have imo been really poor for us out. What's the solution?

A: Bring in someone even worse! 

Genius! :huh:

(Not aimed at you Tom but those in charge)

Oh I know, he wouldn't be on my list of targets that's for sure. 

So numerous posters have said they don't think Downing would cut it in the championship. However after seeking examples of why, the best ,and only, one I got was that he lost his man from a corner V Rotherham. Makes perfect sense as everyone knows nobody scores from corners above league 1 as defenders do such a good job at marking. 

Archived