BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RE Player Medicals: The Medical will check the player out run then make an assessment. They can recommend that they do not sign a player based on their assessment but if the will is still their to take the risk they will still sign the player. Often they will recommend that they offer the player or the club less money based on the medical assessment.

Some examples of players who fail medicals at one club  then go to a different club and pass a medical elsewhere is down to either the club willing to take a risk or the medical team believing they can manage a players existing problems.

Obviously with Chapman the only concern with the signing will be about whether he is able to function the same as he did pre injury i.e. his pace. or whether this could be a recurring problem due an underlying issue eg. posture. Either ways he's had the injury at Rovers so the medical team will have a good idea about these questions and currently there is no urgent need to rush him back.

Really hope he signs.

6 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

RE Player Medicals: The Medical will check the player out run then make an assessment. They can recommend that they do not sign a player based on their assessment but if the will is still their to take the risk they will still sign the player. Often they will recommend that they offer the player or the club less money based on the medical assessment.

Some examples of players who fail medicals at one club  then go to a different club and pass a medical elsewhere is down to either the club willing to take a risk or the medical team believing they can manage a players existing problems.

Obviously with Chapman the only concern with the signing will be about whether he is able to function the same as he did pre injury i.e. his pace. or whether this could be a recurring problem due an underlying issue eg. posture. Either ways he's had the injury at Rovers so the medical team will have a good idea about these questions and currently there is no urgent need to rush him back.

Really hope he signs.

The big one for me that conforms what you are saying was the Charlie Austin from you know who to QPR. I think the fee was adjusted to take into account a dodgy knee, but still went ahead.

3 hours ago, Kamy100 said:

I hope we get Chapman.  Mowbray has made sure that he has stayed involved with the club even though he has been doing his rehab with his parent club.  He has been coming over to Brockhall on a regular basis and was invited to stay with the team last month during an away game.  Certainly made a big effort to show him how much we want him and hope that we can persuade him to join us on a permanent basis. 

Seems to get on very well with Dack as well, some friendly rivalry all the time on Twitter. Smallwood too.

19 minutes ago, lraC said:

The big one for me that conforms what you are saying was the Charlie Austin from you know who to QPR. I think the fee was adjusted to take into account a dodgy knee, but still went ahead.

Its not his knee, its his shoulder. He's in constant pain with it daily.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Seems to get on very well with Dack as well, some friendly rivalry all the time on Twitter. Smallwood too.

Shows the team spirit within the playing squad and Mowbray. 

We have a set of players who want promotion, wanting to do the fans proud and not here for a last pay day

Just now, FGS5635 said:

Not sure he can afford to let his contract run down if he intends playing again this season. If his hamstring goes again upon his return then he will be out of contract and have no wage.

If his hamstring goes again we'll have a twenty year old Craig Conway on our hands. Take away a yard off his pace and what have you got ?

17 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If his hamstring goes again we'll have a twenty year old Craig Conway on our hands Take away a yard off his pace and what have you got ?

The quickest player in the team over ten yards.

Duffs hamstrings used to go quite regularly. They tried everything and even had to adjust his car seat position in the end iirc. He still kept his pace in his 20's. Chapman is only 20 so his body should recover, Conway is the wrong side of 30.

Chapman would be a great signing and well worth the risk in my medically untrained opinion. Used correctly he'd be a lot to handle for most defenders. I'd be happily surprised if Championship Boro let him go in this window. Maybe it's his supposed lack of defensive ability that makes him surplus to requirements up there, who knows? One thing is certain is that there's been nobody like him at Ewood since Dunn and Duff were in their pomp.

15 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

If Wharton goes out on loan, i'd like to see another centre back come in. With Lenihan still injured it means we are only one game away from Ward at centre half and a potential disaster.

Lenihan should be back within the next couple of weeks. Del boy can play too there if needed with Bell now here.

Loan out with a recall option would be best bet seeing as TM rates Ward above him right now (rightly or wrongly).

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

The quickest player in the team over ten yards.

Duffs hamstrings used to go quite regularly. They tried everything and even had to adjust his car seat position in the end iirc. He still kept his pace in his 20's. Chapman is only 20 so his body should recover, Conway is the wrong side of 30.

I don't recall Duff ever having to have surgery on his hamstrings though. That's another kettle of fish entirely. 

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

I'd be surprised if Pulis who has likely never seen Chapman play and is unlikely to see him play this season will offer him a new deal or guarantee first team game time. I think Chapman may be best advised to move on and look for regular first team football.

Pulis isn't going to release someone just because he hasn't seen him. Presumably he'll listen to advice from those at the club who know Chapman and watch the video footage of him. I'd agree though it might be best for Chapman to move on, Pulis likes his players big, physical and defensive (even his wide men) and that isn't Chapman. Pulis going there could work in our favour.

In fairness whether he goes now or in the summer is irrelevant, they only have to offer him no lesser terms to guarantee themselves a development fee. It would make sense on their part to get a fee to their liking now rather than risk tribunal for a player who has never featured in their first team and has 30 or so pro appearances (largely in league 1) to his name.

Archived