BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be doing everything in my power to ship Ward off if I was Mowbray. Even if we only get 25k for him it will stock the drinks machines for a year or so. Awful.

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Don't need him 

If Caulker cleaned himself up and got himself fit again he'd be by and far the best defender at our club. He's a very good player.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

I'd be doing everything in my power to ship Ward off if I was Mowbray. Even if we only get 25k for him it will stock the drinks machines for a year or so. Awful.

If Caulker cleaned himself up and got himself fit again he'd be by and far the best defender at our club. He's a very good player.

Super Charlie Mulgrew says hi

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Poor guy is battling a few demons too by all accounts, so yes, avoid. I think we have enough cover there with Lenihan very close to a return.

A fully fit and focused Caulker is a no brainer, sometimes you've got to take a chance on these players and try and get them back on track and revitalise their careers. With his likely high wages it's a risk we don't need too take right now. If he's still a free agent in the summer I'd have no problem with us taking him on trial and giving him a chance to earn a deal. 

2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Ya, and a time machine to 2013. Although he would want to make sure he didn't set it to 2012. This was Charlies roll of honour that year

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, and a time machine to 2013. Although he would want to make sure he didn't set it to 2012. This was Charlies roll of honour that year

Ah but one thing Caulker does have on his side is his age. B) He doesn't need a time machine as much as Mulgrew, sadly. Undoubtedly our best year but how I wish he was 26 instead.

Nah, Mulgrew is a class act but, in an entirely hypothetical scenario, if Caulker was offered I'd take a punt on him providing the finances were right. He was a brilliant player before his move to the career-killing QPR and personal problems.

1 minute ago, DE. said:

We've already got Mulgrew, Ward, Downing, Williams and Lenihan (when he returns) who can play CB, we don't need anyone else there. 

Substitute Williams & Ward if we want to compete at Championship level DE. 

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Substitute Williams & Ward if we want to compete at Championship level DE. 

I agree but we need to get there first! IMV there's a lot of players in the squad that would need to be replaced if we got promoted, but until that happens we only have to worry about escaping this division. Should we achieve that we will see just how much support Tony really has from the owners. Easy to throw their weight around in this league, not so much in the next, as they found out last time.

42 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Is this a Transfer thread or a give Jason Lowe attention thread.

It's becoming ridiculous. 

Exactly damo. 

I'm bored of reading about Jason Lowe. 

We are closing in on Rothwell so why would sign Lowe aswell..

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

What time does the window close on Wednesday?I have it on good authority that Birmingham are offering 5mill + Lowe for Dack. Deals to be signed off a minute before the deadline 

Why would we accept that really? 

5 million for Dack? Worth more than that  why would we sell our best attacking player when we are second in the league. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

5 million for Dack? Worth more than that  why would we sell our best attacking player when we are second in the league. 

That deal is happening Chaddy, like it or not. I've heard it from Waggott's brothers best man myself this afternoon.

Dack to Birmingham for £5million + %5 sell on fee and we take Lowe whilst they contribute 17.50% of his wage for the remainder of the season.

7 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

That deal is happening Chaddy, like it or not. I've heard it from Waggott's brothers best man myself this afternoon.

Dack to Birmingham for £5million + %5 sell on fee and we take Lowe whilst they contribute 17.50% of his wage for the remainder of the season.

Haha. That deal isnt happening. 

Why would we sell to a club that will be in league 1 next season. Plus why would we need Lowe when we signing Rothwell?

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He's worth what clubs will offer for him and what Venkys will accept. If someone offers an amount and Venkys decide they want to take the money then he goes. Doesn't matter what you, I, Tony Mowbray, Bradley Dack or anyone else thinks about it.

If we compare him to other fees flying around then I agree in theory he ought to be worth more than £5 million. But if nobody offers that and Venkys want to accept £3 or 4 million then off he goes.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Why would we sell to a club that will be in league 1 next season. 

It's on direct orders from Venkys. They want to recoup all cash expenditure over the summer and make a profit and see no reason why Lowe can't do the same job as Dack. Apparently Balaji had a party for New Years that went a bit wild so there's overdue fines to the Pune police department that need paying too. They see Dack's sale as a perfect way to finance them.

Venkys out

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Why would we sell to a club that will be in league 1 next season. Plus why would we need Lowe when we signing Rothwell?

Why would we sell our best player to Fulham who finished below us? Why would we sell Hanley and Duffy to rivals just weeks before the window shut? Why would we rake in £30 million+ in fees and spend £300,000 on a left back?

All questions that surely don't have logical answers.

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Because Venky's......

It's the adds on's and sell on plus a nice lump down straight away that seem to be the deal breakers with the V's & co.

750k to 3 or 4 million in a matter of months with a million up front plus add ons and sell on will tempt them make no mistake or rather it'll tempt those with vested interests to insist it's a great deal.

2 hours ago, DE. said:

We've already got Mulgrew, Ward, Downing, Williams and Lenihan (when he returns) who can play CB, we don't need anyone else there. 

Take Mulgrew out of that list... all of a sudden it looks very makeshift and weak (until Lenihan is match fit).

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Exactly damo. 

I'm bored of reading about Jason Lowe. 

We are closing in on Rothwell so why would sign Lowe aswell..

It was a joke Chaddy. 

Closing in on Rothwell?Has a there been more comment since the tweet yesterday?

Archived