BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Mowbray knew the score regarding our finances and FFP all along so there's no mileage in squandering £12m on 2 players and then complaining the rules are unfair after the event.

Dack's injury is unfortunate but injuries are a part and parcel of football and if we are a one man team ( which I've long argued we are ever since League 1) that's a sad  indictment of Mowbray's manager.

We have a number of priority positions on the pitch other than replacing Dack. Mowbray signed Rothwell and Holtby. Whilst they'll never replace fully Dack's contribution in terms of goals, a good manager would get the best out of those 2 and partially fill the creative void that way.

Otherwise what's the point in signing them?

Yes he did. That's sort of my point tho. we knew the rules so we have to deal with it. 

if Dack was set to leave and go to WBA then we shouldn't have played him. I have no reason not to trust JB's info on this. 

Mowbray doesn't seem to think Rothwell can play the 10 role which I think he can IMO. Holtby can but doesn't seem fit enough to last a full game but it is his 1st season at this level so still coming to terms with fitness levels needed at this level

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

All this talk of the players needed is nonsense. First and foremost, we need a proper manager.  No amount of unfit, disorganised players (who clearly lack ficus and self-belief) will get us where we need to be.

This.

Nail, hammer, head.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Wouldn't mind a couple of these young Liverpool lads. Pedro Chirivella on loan with an option to buy.

The boy larouchi isn't up to standard required at Liverpool he's in the proverbial shop windiow today thats why he's playing he will get a loan move this window as see how he progresses 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes he did. That's sort of my point tho. we knew the rules so we have to deal with it. 

if Dack was set to leave and go to WBA then we shouldn't have played him. I have no reason not to trust JB's info on this. 

Mowbray doesn't seem to think Rothwell can play the 10 role which I think he can IMO. Holtby can but doesn't seem fit enough to last a full game but it is his 1st season at this level so still coming to terms with fitness levels needed at this level

We don't know if there's any truth in the Dack to WBA rumour but to be fair to Mowbray (unusual for me recently) he has to play him until another Club show us the colour of their money.

He can't start leaving him out because another Club is reportedly interested in him. He'd hardly have played.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Scott Dann arrived before we were relegated whereas I specifically referred to what has happened since then. How are you in a position to know what the loan fee is for Tosin ?

Duffy is the most expensive defender at approx £450k since we were relegated. We did of course make a substantial profit on his sale.

You were alluding to there being a policy of not investing in defenders under Venkys. I've given you 'specifics' showing otherwise and stating you don't have to spend millions.

Are you in a position to know otherwise ?   It was the fee banded about.

Now enough with your part of the Mowbray PR double act machine with Biz. TM's defensive approach to recruitment has been lax since he's been here. until his last min panics this summer. Thank god he had a young keeper on the books who despite his rawness was as good as if not better than the other guy. Otherwise iv'e no doubt he'd have flung a fresh contract at Steele and we'd still be lumbered with him now, then again look where we ended up with that anyway !

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well we bought the players we have bought/. Cant re write history sadly

Freeman gives you creativity.

So you want 6 signings this window? so where are the funds coming from and we just keep adding to the squad that need cutting number wise. Plus FFP rules to comply with

I said that we need 3 signings. Keeper, left back and centre back this season. 

Is this Schmidt coming in on a loan to buy next summer to replace Dack long term?

That's what I said this morning

I don't see Brereton being here much longer for the reasons I posted yesterday 

I never said this window, I said in general our squad is lacking in all of them areas. So you would surely agree that this Schmidt would be, if rumours are to be believed which at the moment I have no real reason to expect they necesarily are, would be a bizarre choice of signing?

If you are happy with a player as bad as Sam Gallagher getting regular game time, then presumably you are not serious in your top 6 hopes. Although you seem to have reverted following a brief blip in this regard to be again trying to empathise, understand and defend every decision Mowbray makes, even though we are hamstrung in rebuilding our squad lacking in many areas littered with crap the manager has signed, especially 2 dollopers which have wiped out the budget although your analaysis is simply "we bought the players we have bought."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We don't know if there's any truth in the Dack to WBA rumour but to be fair to Mowbray (unusual for me recently) he has to play him until another Club show us the colour of their money.

He can't start leaving him out because another Club is reportedly interested in him. He'd hardly have played.

Like I said I have no reason not to trust JB's info that Dack had agreed a move to WBA. I don't know the full in's and out's 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I never said this window, I said in general our squad is lacking in all of them areas. So you would surely agree that this Schmidt would be, if rumours are to be believed which at the moment I have no real reason to expect they necesarily are, would be a bizarre choice of signing?

If you are happy with a player as bad as Sam Gallagher getting regular game time, then presumably you are not serious in your top 6 hopes. Although you seem to have reverted following a brief blip in this regard to be again trying to empathise, understand and defend every decision Mowbray makes, even though we are hamstrung in rebuilding our squad lacking in many areas littered with crap the manager has signed, especially 2 dollopers which have wiped out the budget although your analaysis is simply "we bought the players we have bought."

The rumours of Schmidt are correct. Look at Rich Sharpe tweet yesterday that he replied to me on twitter, @SkipDonoghue's post on a young German attacking midfielder being shown around Brockhall and the article on him being linked on here. I don't know anything about the player or where he played positional or how many times we scouted him. So before I start putting the player into category of bizarre choice I would like to alot more about the player and why we are signing him and how many times we scouted him. 

Like I said yesterday and before, I think there is a player in Sam Gallagher but in terms of development he hasn't improved in his 2 years away from here due to a poor loan move at Birmingham for the reasons I explained yesterday and being stuck in Southampton 23's last season. He had 5 good chances yesterday but he got in the right positions but he does need to improve his movement and especially his anticipation aswell to get even more. 

Yes we have bought the players we have bought is right. we can re writing history as much as we might want too. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tomphil said:

You were alluding to there being a policy of not investing in defenders under Venkys. I've given you 'specifics' showing otherwise and stating you don't have to spend millions.

Are you in a position to know otherwise ?   It was the fee banded about.

Now enough with your part of the Mowbray PR double act machine with Biz. TM's defensive approach to recruitment has been lax since he's been here. until his last min panics this summer. Thank god he had a young keeper on the books who despite his rawness was as good as if not better than the other guy. Otherwise iv'e no doubt he'd have flung a fresh contract at Steele and we'd still be lumbered with him now, then again look where we ended up with that anyway !

My point was that the ratio of spending transfer fees is overwhelmingly skewered towards attackers rather than defenders which points to a deliberate policy laid down to all our managers by the owners. Nothing to do with a PR act for anyone but an indicator that managing this club is just that bit harder than some people imagine.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said I have no reason not to trust JB's info that Dack had agreed a move to WBA. I don't know the full in's and out's 

The rumours of Schmidt are correct. Look at Rich Sharpe tweet yesterday that he replied to me on twitter, @SkipDonoghue's post on a young German attacking midfielder being shown around Brockhall and the article on him being linked on here. I don't know anything about the player or where he played positional or how many times we scouted him. So before I start putting the player into category of bizarre choice I would like to alot more about the player and why we are signing him and how many times we scouted him. 

Like I said yesterday and before, I think there is a player in Sam Gallagher but in terms of development he hasn't improved in his 2 years away from here due to a poor loan move at Birmingham for the reasons I explained yesterday and being stuck in Southampton 23's last season. He had 5 good chances yesterday but he got in the right positions but he does need to improve his movement and especially his anticipation aswell to get even more. 

Yes we have bought the players we have bought is right. we can re writing history as much as we might want too. 

One things for sure, he doesnt play in any of the 3 positions you have prioritised!

I dont see a player in there at all. Goalscoring (both anticipating and finishing chances) certaintly not a strength and wont be prolific as long as he has a hole in his arse, technically poor, deceptively passive in the air, fairly quick but seldom breaks the line and is often offside, cant hold the ball up, I am struggling to find a player!

You could look at it like that, alternatively you could say in 3 years and with plenty of money, unfortunate injury to the one gem he has found in Dack aside, is our squad any stronger now really with all the crap he has added? I would say no. So surely it is time to give someone else a chance.

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

My point was that the ratio of spending transfer fees is overwhelmingly skewered towards attackers rather than defenders which points to a deliberate policy laid down to all our managers by the owners. Nothing to do with a PR act for anyone but an indicator that managing this club is just that bit harder than some people imagine.

When you get the backing he's had it's no harder than many other clubs in this league though to be fair he's had to work hard to secure that.

I do agree that any big fees spent or big wages allocated seem to be under a club policy of going on young forwards whose value has the outside chance of doubling in one good season. However i also 100% believe Mowbray had enough credit in the bank and trust off them to be able to buy a decent defender or two if he'd pushed it.

The Bauer fiasco backs that up he'd lined him up then decided he'd rather go after Downing and Gallagher instead.  For the Downing and Tosin cost for ONE season we could probably have gone a long way to securing Bauer on a contract.

His call, flawed judgement yet again.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

One things for sure, he doesnt play in any of the 3 positions you have prioritised!

I dont see a player in there at all. Goalscoring (both anticipating and finishing chances) certaintly not a strength and wont be prolific as long as he has a hole in his arse, technically poor, deceptively passive in the air, fairly quick but seldom breaks the line and is often offside, cant hold the ball up, I am struggling to find a player!

You could look at it like that, alternatively you could say in 3 years and with plenty of money, unfortunate injury to the one gem he has found in Dack aside, is our squad any stronger now really with all the crap he has added? I would say no. So surely it is time to give someone else a chance.

Look at the team that went down on the last day, in fairness we do have a much better squad now. Allowing for other issues that are now hampering progression. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Look at the team that went down on the last day, in fairness we do have a much better squad now. Allowing for other issues that are now hampering progression. 

I am not sure we do without Dack. Slightly at best. Travis is undoubtedly an internally generates upgrade. Adarabioyo and Downing are good short term signings. Armstrong perhaps. Johnson, Holtby, Rothwell, Chapman, Davenport, Samuel, Hart, Brereton, Bell, the first 2 could perhaps, but have they as of yet improved us?

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We have to agree to disagree on Gallagher. 

I have also told you who I would appoint if Mowbray had to be replace

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am not sure we do without Dack. Slightly at best. Travis is undoubtedly an internally generates upgrade. Adarabioyo and Downing are good short term signings. Armstrong perhaps. Johnson, Holtby, Rothwell, Chapman, Davenport, Samuel, Hart, Brereton, Bell, the first 2 could perhaps, but have they as of yet improved us?

Go back and look at the squad that went down man, it was pathetic. Even the ones you mention along with those still here shows it's a vastly better squad. That was a real Renford rejects crew we had then. Highlighted by where they all ended up after leaving here. 

1 minute ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Michael McGovern would be my first target. Norwich have agreed l to let him leave on a free and wages wouldn't be an issue, and more importantly a hell of a lot better than what we have here

Agreed. Would be a very good signing and probably not too expensive. Walton is probably on comparable wages. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Agreed. Would be a very good signing and probably not too expensive. Walton is probably on comparable wages. 

Norwich have agreed to let him go for nothing which will suit our budget lol a keeper really needs to be priority. If we only bring in one player this window it must be a keeper. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Go back and look at the squad that went down man, it was pathetic. Even the ones you mention along with those still here shows it's a vastly better squad. That was a real Renford rejects crew we had then. Highlighted by where they all ended up after leaving here. 

The forward line was certainly stronger

Younger Graham, Emnes, Joao, a better version of Gallagher.

In midfield slightly younger Conway and Mahoney offer better options than now (possibly)

One thing is glaringly obvious, other than converting Lenihan into a CB from midfield, the only investment/permanent change is Bell.  Which is unbelievably bad management.

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

The forward line was certainly stronger

Younger Graham, Emnes, Joao, a better version of Gallagher.

In midfield slightly younger Conway and Mahoney offer better options than now (possibly)

One thing is glaringly obvious, other than converting Lenihan into a CB from midfield, the only investment/permanent change is Bell.  Which is unbelievably bad management.

Ya,front line better for sure. Agree with that.

Dont agree about midfield. If we used players in their proper positions. 

Sorry,I dont get your last paragraph. How is Bell the only investment/permanent change?

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sorry,I dont get your last paragraph. How is Bell the only investment/permanent change?

Only investment in defence is Bell. The back four that started his first game away at Burton 3 years ago are all still under contract.

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

Only investment in defence is Bell. The back four that started his first game away at Burton 3 years ago are all still under contract.

Only investment,which is shockingly bad. However I would include Tosin as an improvement as he is currently available to play.