BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

I can't imagine the amount of money being spent this "summer" as in recent years, by many clubs. For a start, how will clubs comply with FFP now and in the future? With minimal revenue coming in and still all the expenditure. Unless I'm wrong, owners can't just pump money in to balance the books nowadays (although I know that's up for debate). 

As it stands, I'd take 15m for Dack. Which is a shame as he's a joy to watch when he's on song. 

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

There are some useful frees to be had, players like Daniel Ayala and Lyle Taylor but I dont think theres any chance of getting players like that now.

True, Taylor is holding out for big money. A relegated PL side will punt on him for free, £25k a week.

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think Dack needs to sign a new deal, we've paid him through his injury and made him.

We have paid him through the injury, but not the same amount. Luckily we're much more switched on at Rovers these days, same with Holtby's deal too. Most of our players now get paid a percentage of their wage when they have a long term injury, part of their contracts. 

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Taylor being linked with Rangers and some PL clubs

We need 2 keepers, 2 left backs if Bell doesn't re sign, 1 centre back maybe 2, 1 right winger. 

From that free agent list I would at Ayala(centre back at Boro), Blackett(left back at Reading). Would be the only 2 I look at to be honest. 

I wonder if we go foreign market mostly for signings due to cost and wages

Have you seen Blackett play? He's not championship standard at all.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JoeH said:

We have paid him through the injury, but not the same amount. Luckily we're much more switched on at Rovers these days, same with Holtby's deal too. Most of our players now get paid a percentage of their wage when they have a long term injury, part of their contracts. 

I'm not sure this is right. Where is the cut off point in terms of time and seriousness...?

Edited by Sparks Rover

13 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I think they get their wages in full - but an insurance company makes up part of the balance.

12 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I think they get their wages in full - but an insurance company makes up part of the balance.

Yes, bingo. Don't know the full ins and outs but that's the relationship I'm trying to explain. Thank you.

Positions filled and a heat map of our problem areas show quite clearly to me that we need to focus on the left hand side of the pitch. Keeper, Left Back (X2), Wingers (x2).

3.thumb.png.f87527e853e673e0053a08f49495544e.png4.thumb.png.be2c089fea370bf4187c0fd6cb270fa4.png

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Positions filled and a heat map of our problem areas show quite clearly to me that we need to focus on the left hand side of the pitch. Keeper, Left Back (X2), Wingers (x2).

3.thumb.png.f87527e853e673e0053a08f49495544e.png4.thumb.png.be2c089fea370bf4187c0fd6cb270fa4.png

?!!!!!!!!!!! ?

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think Dack needs to sign a new deal, we've paid him through his injury and made him.  He needs to get us a decent fee if he is going.

You mean like Graham LeSaux ? We saw him through a career threatening injury.  Paid him for what must have been about 12 months without him kicking a ball. Then as soon as he was fit again he wanted to leave. Shit house of a man.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can't say I'm thrilled with that list. Do you have to be over 30 to sign for Rovers these days ?

Actually, I'd take Daniels and Van La Para...fitness allowing on Daniels

I think VLP is quite talented actually, I thought he was decent in Huddersfield Huddersfield promotion season.

We do need some overall of the left side. I'd take them free and lyle taylor too

I would take Van La Parra. Coleman could be possible back up keeper. Its seems that McLaughlin will sign here in the summer.

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Some real crap on there. Very much filling column inches, most of the players he personally has suggested, hes then gone on to sat why its a non starter.

well he isn't a scout isn't. Just doing a basic article. 

expect most players been from European clubs

Maybe Van La Parra, maybe, but he'd want a decent wage. Is he good enough to warrant a high wage, I don't know. Definitely not Daniels now. I'd have taken him in January on loan for 6-months, but we need a long term permanent left-back. 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Also Cunningham is back training with Cardiff and Neil Harris seems to want to have a look at him so a return might be a non starter.

I really don't see him coming back, especially on loan as others have hinted to. He's only got a year left, he'll either play or he'll leave permanently for me. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Might be difficult to sign long term players this summer to be fair.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Also Cunningham is back training with Cardiff and Neil Harris seems to want to have a look at him so a return might be a non starter.

Well of course he back training with Cardiff. Why wouldn't be? 

Looking like the transfer window will be Mid/Late August to End of October from reports on Sky Sports

Confirmation that young Jack Evans is leaving the club. Announced it himself on Twitter. Would expect retained list soon.