BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Forest game was the first time I’d seen DG play in a competitive game for a wee while and sadly it did look to me as though his legs have gone. As Tyrone has mentioned a few times in the past, when you hit your early to mid 30s it can literally happen overnight.

You could still make a case for his inclusion in the starting eleven though, despite this, which is a sad indictment on his younger colleagues. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Last season Chaddy claimed that Graham's legs had gone but then was proven wrong. This season a few more seem to be on that bandwagon. Meanwhile Danny is still our best and most proven goalscorer.

Only these youngsters getting the game time at present can change that, by doing what they are paid for, banging in goals.

So far nobody has claimed the right to take over from DG as the main striker.

In fact our shots on target ratio so far this season has been woeful.

As long as we need GOALS to win games to get points, DG has to play. 

Dack also seems to be much more involved when playing with DG.

Graham has been 'nursing' his knees and having constant treatment on them, for 18 months. Perhaps it's finally caught up with him?

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

What's the away pub?

From memory it’s one of the hardest away days to get a pint, pubs near the ground are home fans only.

Folk I often go away with are drinking in Hammersmith.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Starting Line up :-

Walton

Nyambe  Toshin  Williams  Cunningham

Johnson

Travis     Holtby    Rothwell

Gallagher Graham

60 minute lineup :-

Walton

Nyambe  Toshin  Williams Cunningham

Dack     Travis   Holtby      Arma

Gallagher  Samuel

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

What's the away pub?

Theres Belushis (sp?) Right outside Shepherds Bush tube station which is the designated away pub. Anything else is home fans only though where you have to show your ticket to get in.

• Like 1

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

Starting Line up :-

Walton

Nyambe  Toshin  Williams  Cunningham

Johnson

Travis     Holtby    Rothwell

Gallagher Graham

60 minute lineup :-

Walton

Nyambe  Toshin  Williams Cunningham

Dack     Travis   Holtby      Arma

Gallagher  Samuel

The keeper and back four are locked in. Can't see Bennett and Lenihan dropped. If Tosin gets to play it will only be if we move to three at the back. Something like

-------------------------Walton

---------Lenihan----Tosin----Williams

Bennett----Travis------Downing-----Cunningham

-----------------Dack---------Holtby

------------------------Arma

Means leaving out Rothwell though, unless Downing is injured.

But I think essentially 4231 uses our players best. So we should stick with that.

I'll be happy if both Gallagher and Graham start on the bench and we get Holtby, Dack, Rothwell and Arma on the pitch at the start.

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

The keeper and back four are locked in. Can't see Bennett and Lenihan dropped. If Tosin gets to play it will only be if we move to three at the back. Something like

-------------------------Walton

---------Lenihan----Tosin----Williams

Bennett----Travis------Downing-----Cunningham

-----------------Dack---------Holtby

------------------------Arma

Means leaving out Rothwell though, unless Downing is injured.

But I think essentially 4231 uses our players best. So we should stick with that.

I'll be happy if both Gallagher and Graham start on the bench and we get Holtby, Dack, Rothwell and Arma on the pitch at the start.

This is what Mowbray does. Concentrating on getting certain players on the pitch instead of picking a well balanced side ?

Who will score the goals in that team ?

Although I agree that team is far more likely, I don't think it will win many football matches.

• Like 2

8 or 9 players are guaranteed to start, with a couple of likely candidates and a possible wildcard. I think Rothwell is most likely to win the tombola today. At some point, for no apparent reason, Smallwood is going to start an away game. Hopefully not today.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I would imagine Mowbray wants a right foot and left foot in centre mid for natural balance

I think Mowbray would confuse the words ‘natural balance’ with Swahili, judging by his fondness of playing wrong footed strikers on the wings.

• Like 5

Just now, Hasta said:

Don't understand how Holtby can look the best player on the pitch in 3 cameo appearances, and yet can't get a game when Johnson and Trav are out.

Can’t play Holtby and Downing CM together though. I’d have played Arma up top today instead of Graham with Holtby out wide. Agreed he should be starting.

• Like 1