BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Good News!

Just now, darrenrover said:

I'm due to become a grandparent for the first time in March. Absolutely thrilled and it's a beacon of light amongst all the current doom and gloom. I don't mind if it's a girl or boy as long as it's healthy but irrespective, he or she will be getting a blue and white halved baby grow!

Congratulations! 

2 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I'm due to become a grandparent for the first time in March. Absolutely thrilled and it's a beacon of light amongst all the current doom and gloom. I don't mind if it's a girl or boy as long as it's healthy but irrespective, he or she will be getting a blue and white halved baby grow!

Fabulous news mate - fingers crossed that everything goes well.

1 minute ago, gumboots said:

Congrats. we're expecting news of the arrival of our 5th any day now. Baby is breech and has so far refused to be turned so they're going back today to check it hasn't moved of its own accord but if it hasn't then they'll do a c section next week

Cheers gumboots, hope all goes well with your latest family addition.

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

Congratulations Nick. Lots of good, long walks from where you are. Have a little motor fitted on the pram though for all t'hills. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Superb news :tu:

I become a grandparent a couple of years ago, she's an absolute delight.

The only downside.......She's a Wednesday fan like her dad.......but I've hopefully got another 10yrs to work on that :rover:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I had you down as someone in their 20's. Congrats.

12 minutes ago, Gav said:

The only downside.......She's a Wednesday fan like her dad.......but I've hopefully got another 10yrs to work on that :rover:

You only have a slight problem. My son in laws a claret. And the new one could well end up a Toon fan

Edited by gumboots

14 minutes ago, Gav said:

Thanks Gav, no worries regarding allegiance, he/she will be the first of the next family generation of Darren based Roverites!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gumboots said:

You only have a slight problem. My son in laws a claret. And the new one could well end up a Toon fan

Once we get out of this bleedin pandemic, you could always slip something into his tea :tu:

True story, I worked in burnley for a number of years during the 2000's, needs must and all that - My dad didn't speak to me properly for months after I told him, he thought it was a betray of some kind.

I'm sure most people wouldn't be able to comprehend that now, but those Bangor Street lads took the burnley rivalry very seriously and still do!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I had you down as someone in their 20's. Congrats.

Cheers speedie, I'll take the age reference as a compliment (I think!). Hope things are ok for you in the US, I had planned to be there for a couple of months at the beginning of September but COVID put paid to that. Keep safe mate.

Just now, Gav said:

Once we get out of this bleedin pandemic, you could always slip something into his tea :tu:

True story, I worked in burnley for a number of years during the 2000's, needs must and all that - My dad didn't speak to me properly for months after I told him, he thought it was a betray of some kind.

I'm sure most people wouldn't be able to comprehend that now, but those Bangor Street lads took the burnley rivalry very seriously and still do!

Funnily enough, the conversation has already come round to place of birth on the birth certificate and the fact that the maternity unit being based you know where: Unanimously the vote was for Lancashire with no mention of that shower down the M65!

5 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Cheers speedie, I'll take the age reference as a compliment (I think!). Hope things are ok for you in the US, I had planned to be there for a couple of months at the beginning of September but COVID put paid to that. Keep safe mate.

It was a compliment!

All is good over here. Life goes on. COVID is rampant but with a bit of vigilance you can steer clear of it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, gumboots said:

The son of a good pal of mine came through t'clarets academy, both are avid Roverites. He signed pro forms of sorts with them a couple of years ago but after being farmed out on loan, they decided to release him last summer. He's subsequently signed for Barrow. Once he'd been released by Burnley, the pair of them couldn't wait to come out of the closet so to speak. Once a Rover, never a clarette!