BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Good News!

Sounds like my experience last year, the company decided to tell us they were entering voluntarily liquidation three days before it happened.

Then they set up a very similarly-named company without any debts (like the 14k they owed me).

1 hour ago, Dreyski said:

Sounds like my experience last year, the company decided to tell us they were entering voluntarily liquidation three days before it happened.

Then they set up a very similarly-named company without any debts (like the 14k they owed me).

Ouch! That's harsh.

Ok, I know this is kind of football related, but it's good news (no Mowbray hasn't been sacked as far as I'm aware) so I'll put it in here.

My daughter's football team played their first match after lockdown this morning & got a storming 10-1 win. It was only 2-1 at HT with both goals from Keira. Here she is making it 3-1 just after HT to score her first ever hat-trick. #prouddad!

IMG-20210411-WA0000.jpg

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Ok, I know this is kind of football related, but it's good news (no Mowbray hasn't been sacked as far as I'm aware) so I'll put it in here.

My daughter's football team played their first match after lockdown this morning & got a storming 10-1 win. It was only 2-1 at HT with both goals from Keira. Here she is making it 3-1 just after HT to score her first ever hat-trick. #prouddad!

IMG-20210411-WA0000.jpg

That pitch looks better than Ewood.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Backroom
6 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Tickets for Sale's last 2 home matches are on sale to members tomorrow and I'm a member.

Love watching Faf de Klerk play. 

I'll be hoping he gets squashed in the Lions tour though. 

Will no doubt boss us.  

Its funny how everyone loves watching Faf de Klerk because, whilst on top form he's brilliant, he makes so many mistakes. Watching Tom Curry is great; Marland Yarde and AJ McGinty have come on in leaps and bounds, and the Du Preez twins, if they don't get carded, are amazing. What Sanderson has done with some good players, turning them into a real team, is incredible in a short space of time. Same coaches, same players, but a different vision from the top man. Shows what we could have at Rovers with the correct appointment

Got our match tickets to watch Sharks v Bristol Bears. Took 2 minutes. There was someone on the supporters facebook page answering queries and the tech team were dealing with issues instantly. Shows how it can be done. Tickets are printed and we are ready for off on May 28th

• Backroom
15 hours ago, gumboots said:

Its funny how everyone loves watching Faf de Klerk because, whilst on top form he's brilliant, he makes so many mistakes. 

He's just a little pest, constantly buzzing around being a nuisance, trying to slap balls out of scrum half's hands. Makes me chuckle. 

I flicked over last weekend and saw he launched himself into a ruck like a human cannonball. 😂😂

An inch or so the wrong way and it's probably a red now, but you can't argue with his commitment. Leaves it all out on the pitch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead
12 minutes ago, Mike E said:

The Three Fishes might be making a comeback courtesy of Nigel Haworth in October!

Saw that earlier. Hope it survives this time, if I’m honest. The Aspinall Arms’ re-fit absolutely finished it!

Mitton Hall is one on its own, so was never in danger really....

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Saw that earlier. Hope it survives this time, if I’m honest. The Aspinall Arms’ re-fit absolutely finished it!

Mitton Hall is one on its own, so was never in danger really....

Ditto. It has that unfortunate placement of being right between another great pub and a great food place.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fans back at Ewood on Wednesday has to be not only good news but great news!

@rog of the rovers brilliant post almost brought a tear to my eye, I can't wait to get back in the stands:

Overall

Before even speaking about the match.....How brilliant it was to be back inside Ewood. Feeling that connection with the team once again, and that feeling of pride at the final whistle. Great to be home!

The kit looks fantastic, plenty wearing the shirts in the stands, saw both home and away on display!

c.9,000 fans provided a great atmosphere for a pre-season match. Thankfully Rovers fans almost matched the Leeds fans 1 to 1, so made for a nice spectacle.

Left the ground feeling more optimistic than I felt going in! In regards to almost everything!

Off the pitch, how comfortable it felt being amongst a large group of people. The euphoria of being at a live match at Ewood and the feeling when the ball hit the back of the net.

• Like 1

I've been running 31 miles in July for Cancer Research UK . I've got the last mile left to run tomorrow. I'm well chuffed with myself for actually running that, for being disciplined enough to do it. I'm not a runner so this has beena huge challenge but I've done it. 

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I was surprised at how old they all are Gav - they were obviously no spring chickens when they won Eurovision all those years ago.

They were aged 24-29 when they won Eurovision with Waterloo in 1974. They're in their 70s now

Doesn't your 20s class as "spring chickens"?