BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] I Am Boycotting.

Madon

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incredible that all those people have the same name.

My nephew is a scouser and staunch red. He was asking about Rovers the other day and he couldn't believe how a Rovers mad family like ourselves just weren't going anymore.

He kept saying, " It is so f***ing sad"..

.Well this short film really brings that sadness home for me.

Well done, Madon. Respect!

First let me say this is by no means a criticism of people who are boycotting - far from it.

Was back in the UK for work last week for the first time since February, so went to both the Ipswich and Forest games. Had been a Season Ticket holder since 1982 up til I moved here. Even from those few short months ago, I couldn't believe the total lack of an atmosphere whatsoever, and the absolute feeling of apathy throughout the entire club and fanbase, certainly among those in the ground. It was supposed to be the whistle protest at both games; I didn't hear one (apart from the ref).

Now while I agree entirely with the principle of boycotting, last week made me think that the passion and anger that has driven people to NOT attend games would surely be better directed by being at the games, and making sure as vociferously as possible that we as a fanbase want Venky's out? While crowds are well down, to a multi-million pound organisation/family like Venky's is the absence of a few hundred disgruntled fans really going to make much difference? It is likely being sold to them as one of a number of things; economic downturn, natural fall away due to being in the Championship, etc, and this is probably true for 80% of the fall away in numbers, so they might not even be aware that people are actually consciously boycotting?

Again, not meant as a criticism but maybe a change in tactic is needed, because at the games at least, apart from a few, sporadic chants of Venky's Out by a handful of people you wouldn't know there was much of a bad feeling toward the owners.

But we'd have to pay to watch something we no longer wish to watch. I spend my cash on a cracking night at sale sharks nowadays. Wouldn't support another football club but doing something I enjoy now matters more than attending turgid uninteresting football and paying for it. It's why I haven't ever said I'm boycotting because that sounds like I've made a deliberate decision not to attend and in fact I have been driven out by apparent corruption and poor football.

But we'd have to pay to watch something we no longer wish to watch. I spend my cash on a cracking night at sale sharks nowadays. Wouldn't support another football club but doing something I enjoy now matters more than attending turgid uninteresting football and paying for it. It's why I haven't ever said I'm boycotting because that sounds like I've made a deliberate decision not to attend and in fact I have been driven out by apparent corruption and poor football.

Hit nail on head. Sky and BT are very worried about falling viewer numbers and blaming everything mainly poor fixtures early in season but in my oppinion many people have had enough re corruption and match fixing, betting (Kicking ball out of play after one touch from kick off) etc. The so called better teams getting all major decisions which cannot be all refereeing mistakes. Dare I also say dodgy agents, managers who may be on the take, as well.

FA not interested but it will come home to bite as you cannot fool all the people all the time and people vote with their feet.

Archived