BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

Does this not indicate the 10m mooted to be available to Hughes to freshen up the squad has mysteriously vanished into the mist?

Funny you mention that, as soon as I heard Sparky was leaving I had a feeling that somehow the 10mil would vanish, mysteriously.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a few thoughts...

It is quite a compliment to Ten Cate's ability that Chelsea want him as far away as possible. Maybe Rovers should realise they have someone pretty special within their reach.

It does seem almost like an endorsement of his abilities by Chelsea. I wonder nicko, do you know if Avram Grant was subject to the same restrictions in his pay off?

So the way I see it...

Big Sam and Ince interviewed. And the fact that Rovers are checking with the PL about Ince and the reality that JW prefers younger managers suggests Ince is favorite.

Two more interviews which are for HTC and Wolly with a Brolly...

Our manager is going to be one of the four above. Im thinking the board will pick Ince.

would be funny to see him on the rovers touchline :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B5zWe0qk6g...feature=related

:blink: nice keepy upies by the way cud teach a few of the rovers players how its done :lol:

Dang there IS an eerie similarity to Souness, some shots he is a dead ringer. Frickin Dunny will have nightmares if we hire this fella.

Nicko - sorry, I like you, but quite frankly this is joke and you are making a mockery out of our fans who are very sensitive at the moment.

Ask people close to Chelsea if they like him (Cate), I don't know what relationship you have got with him or his agent.

Few facts for all of you after speaking to certain players tonight, who seemed to be out on the lash like me:

Six of our first team squad want OUT - not a joke. They loved Eddie more than Mark. Really upset and unsettled.

Players only have a couple of managers could probably respect and also enjoy being at BRFC for:

Big Sam or Mr Laudrup. Trust me....

I am sure some of you will take the mick, but lets see if I am right

Mmm, I'm sort of wondering if you are having a hard time getting over us being jilted by Shearer, it was you that campaigned so vehemently wasn't it John, or am I confused. Apologies in advance if I am.

So the way I see it...

Big Sam and Ince interviewed. And the fact that Rovers are checking with the PL about Ince and the reality that JW prefers younger managers suggests Ince is favorite.

Our manager is going to be one of the four above. Im thinking the board will pick Ince.

In my opinion Ince should not be allowed near the club after his comments circa 97/98. He didnt have respect for us then why should he now unless he wants to use Rovers to improve his CV. I have no problem with us being a stepping stone as liong as we are respected!!

With all the recent going-ons, we need a manager to come in and get instant control. There's only one candidate that will do that, note I say will and not can and we all know who that is, - even if we don't want to admit it.

You say that Den but i'm sure the Newcastle board and fans thought exactly the same, as i'm sure they did under Souness. Many modern players don't respond to that management and he lost the dressing room pretty quickly. Stories that he banned Christmas originally and then backed down only went to weaken his position. HIs attitude in interviews was he knew what was best for the players far better than they did and if they didn't like it tough.

He cam across as someone who was totally arrogant and I am far from certain he would instant control.

You say that Den but i'm sure the Newcastle board and fans thought exactly the same, as i'm sure they did under Souness. Many modern players don't respond to that management and he lost the dressing room pretty quickly. Stories that he banned Christmas originally and then backed down only went to weaken his position. HIs attitude in interviews was he knew what was best for the players far better than they did and if they didn't like it tough.

He cam across as someone who was totally arrogant and I am far from certain he would instant control.

How bad is that; 'the Manager that banned Christmas'.

Rumour has it, that he shot Bambi too :o

In my opinion Ince should not be allowed near the club after his comments circa 97/98. He didnt have respect for us then why should he now unless he wants to use Rovers to improve his CV. I have no problem with us being a stepping stone as liong as we are respected!!

10 years is a long time.

What Ince said was completely vicious and OTT about the Rovers.

Suppose the day after he is appointed, that clip of his remarks hits Youtube.

Ince will have 0% credibility as Rovers' manager and 0% chance of persuading players to stay at Ewood or come to Ewood.

For me Ince is a non-starter for that reason alone.

With all the recent going-ons, we need a manager to come in and get instant control. There's only one candidate that will do that, note I say will and not can and we all know who that is, - even if we don't want to admit it.

Bang on Den.

After being somewhat against the appointment of BFS I've had a slight change of heart over the weekend. In the cold light of day he's the obvious choice. Don't get me wrong I'll not be doing cartwheels but he's been there, done it and got the XXXXL T Shirt. As near as we have got with the candidates to a safe pair of hands.

Sure some of the Brazil 1970 stuff we were playing under Hughes *cough* may go out the window but we need a bloke to come in with a big personality and get hold of the situation. Tell the likes of Bentley to shut up and honour his contract (well OK - we'll sell you next June Dave but you did sign a three year extension).

I can only see it going one way to be honest. Ince?! (All mouth. No badges - there's forward planning) Henk Ten Jobs?! (turn your back on a £23m pay off from Chelsea or see if Rovers will put up the tab?) McClaren?! (McClown) Bilic?! (Busy) Michael Laudrup?! (Is he interested?).

The other bad thing about this is I'm agreeing with thenodrog. Whatever next Lancs united? No. I'll draw the line on that one.

Rumour has it, that he shot Bambi too :o

Yes but Bambi had it coming.

So the way I see it...

Me too and I'm effin dreading it! If we get ince then the lynchmob mentality numpty's on facebook deserve all they bloody well get.

What Ince said was completely vicious and OTT about the Rovers.

Suppose the day after he is appointed, that clip of his remarks hits Youtube.

Ince will have 0% credibility as Rovers' manager and 0% chance of persuading players to stay at Ewood or come to Ewood.

For me Ince is a non-starter for that reason alone.

First thing he will do is come out and publically apologise about that. I think it can be dealt with, Ince will be embarassed about it and want to give himself a fair chance. Not sure it is really a problem.

Does look like a four horse race:

Allerdyce, McCalren, Ten Cate and Ince.

Either out of Ten Cate and Ince and I would be interested to see what happens.

Morning all

Nicko, any truth in the rumour that the HtC interview will take place before Wednesday, even possibly today. I believe he is in the Carribean but Rovers want to speak to him before then.

Has something changed behind the scenes?

First thing he will do is come out and publically apologise about that. I think it can be dealt with, Ince will be embarassed about it and want to give himself a fair chance. Not sure it is really a problem.

Does look like a four horse race:

Allerdyce, McCalren, Ten Cate and Ince.

Either out of Ten Cate and Ince and I would be interested to see what happens.

If it is Ince surely he will be grilled on his previous comments about rovers in the press conference. Will be interesting to hear his response

Just have a feeling that the board are going to totally surprise us with this appointment. Possibly one of the names on the periphery of this thread will get it or maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Truth of the matter is I'm pretty much non-plussed by all the names on the 'list'. I think we've gone from an opportunity to move forward to 'a safe pair of hands' and that's hardly getting the juices flowing for the new season.

He has no real need to do that. It isn't such a big news story that it would shock anyone if it turns out not to be true. If he has his negotiations with Rovers and they go well and he gets the job then he simply says that it was nonsense. If he meets Rovers and it doesn't go well then he goes to Greece. All he could really do at this point is risk putting the offer from Greece in doubt (although that would be an unlikely outcome). For him and the two clubs involved it is probably best if he just keeps his mouth shut and sees how it plays out. He is essentially on a shortlist of 4 or 5 going into a job interview with a job from another employer on the table. He will have no complaints.

Archived