BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

i honestly dont give a @#/? whether Hanley or any other stays or goes. This club has already been destroyed inside and out by Venkys and the people running it for them. So why moan about the inevitable happening, and seeing players leave. Its just another year and another year of stupidity and cluelesness by these idiots. We should just get on with it, play and whatever the results are, be happy and move on to the next game and season. Its now just a case of doing enough to survive

Too true. I couldn't give a rat's ass who stays and who goes. Keeping our better players might stem the tide for another season but further decline is inevitable. Surely people's memories aren't that short to remember where we were before this mob showed up?

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tommy Smith is under contract at another club, and it would therefore require a transfer fee to persuade his club to let him go.

We won't be paying a fee for anyone this summer. So lets stop looking at other clubs players and start looking at the free agent/short term loan list.

It's no coincidence he and Hanley have started looking much better as the overall quality of the team has dipped. Marshall's a decent player but infuriatingly inconsistent.

The problem we have is not so much that these players are irreplaceable, but rather that we're relying 100% on luck and circumstance to replace them. We've gotten lucky on a few occasions in the past, particularly under GB, but recently we've mostly brought in duds and you can't help but think the end can't be far away now.

I think the phrase 'best of a bad bunch' is most appropriate in this situation.

Tommy Smith is under contract at another club, and it would therefore require a transfer fee to persuade his club to let him go.

Forget Tommy Smith. He must be in his 70s now.

It's a shame we can't hire Hannibal Smith. He, BA, Murdock and Face would rid us of the Venkys.

Not if Hanley is sold.

we need a replacement in.

According to Nixon, Smith on the shortlist but not at top of the list of possible replacement for Hanley

If Grant has no confidence in Coyle and the club then I'd have to echo that along with the thousands of other empty seats.

We want our Rovers back !

We won't be paying a fee for anyone this summer. So lets stop looking at other clubs players and start looking at the free agent/short term loan list.

If Hanley goes then I would expected Coyle to use some of this money to buy a replacement and maybe he will be allow to use some more cash to buy 1 or 2 players in.

Look at the freebie list and it will be somebody from there. I'd imagine it will be Brown, fitness permitting.

no thanks Brown. not good enough fitness wise

If Hanley goes then I would expected Coyle to use some of this money to buy a replacement and maybe he will be allow to use some more cash to buy 1 or 2 players in.

Just like how we spent the Cairney, Rudy, Rhodes, Olsson money, yes?

no thanks Brown. not good enough fitness wise

How much extra will Mrs Coyle get to spend ?

If Grant has no confidence in Coyle and the club then I'd have to echo that along with the thousands of other empty seats.

We want our Rovers back !

Don't see that as the problem but a case to move to massive club with a top class manager in Benitez and a team fighting for top 2 of this league. plus 50k fans

we aren't a club like Newcastle with a massive fan base.

He'll tell you it all went on Graham and Gomez in a min :lol:

The "not so funny" truth is it went, and is still going (according to MC interview other day) on pay offs to the likes of Leon Best, Etuhu, Murphy et al and a few more we probably don't know about.

Just like how we spent the Cairney, Rudy, Rhodes, Olsson money, yes?

haven't we cover this before? But yet again we just keep covering the same old stuff!!!

How much extra will Mrs Coyle get to spend ?

Havent we cover this? You have zero evidence of this happening.

Just the same thing different day, more speculation and rumours from you without our evidence from your side

He'll tell you it all went on Graham and Gomez in a min :lol:

Have a dig all you want.

Don't see that as the problem but a case to move to massive club with a top class manager in Benitez and a team fighting for top 2 of this league. plus 50k fans

People like you and Mani around and the agents will always suppress our supporter base !

You're no Rovers supporter !

And yet, we managed to compete with them for many years and have a Prem league Trophy in the Cabinet.

Its amazing what can be achieved with ambition and competent stewardship.

The "not so funny" truth is it went, and is still going (according to MC interview other day) on pay offs to the likes of Leon Best, Etuhu, Murphy et al and a few more we probably don't know about.

Was a lot of that not supposed to be loaded into the last accounts therefore we shouldn't actually still be paying some of them. What we might be doing is wasting it paying off and hiring 3 managers in 12 months and half a dozen coaches.

I'd say that's nearer the truth as our owners continue to @#/? around with club and p$ss money down the drain, that of it which doesn't find it's way into agents pockets of course which some would say is all part of the grand scheme of things.

haven't we cover this before? But yet again we just keep covering the same old stuff!!!

Havent we cover this? You have zero evidence of this happening.

Just the same thing different day, more speculation and rumours from you without our evidence from your side

Have a dig all you want.

cheers mon !

People like you and Mani around and the agents will always suppress our supporter base !

talking more rubbish yet again to suit your arguments.

Suppress? what cr@p are you smoking?

I am very passionate Rovers fan. I will be there at the 1st game and many more after that.

Back on Topic

Tommy Smith made 48 apperances last season for Ipswich, scoring 2 goals and picking up 7 yellow cards. Left footed and has 29 international caps for New Zealand

Newcastle are a Championship club. So are we.

Fanbases are irrelevant in the scheme of things. If they were important then Burnley, Watford, Swansea and Bournemouth would be in the 2nd/3rd tiers and Leeds, Wednesday and Derby would be top half of the Premier League.

Newcastle are expected to be challenging for the top 2, because on paper their squad and manager are one of the strongest in this league. Sometimes teams don't live up to expectations and struggle under the weight of expectation. It would be very satisfying if Newcastle failed miserably this season.

Merely waving the white flag and saying we can't compete with Newcastle is the wrong approach. The Championship is a very competitive division and we should be aiming to challenge them. If we don't we will fail. If Coyle is telling the players that we can't compete with Newcastle then we are going to fail. Neil Warnock wouldn't have told his Rotherham team they couldn't match Leeds. If he had they would have probably gone down.

Newcastle are a Premier League club no more. They are nothing more than a name that people think automatically belongs in the top division. I don't think we should roll over and allow them to cherry pick our players just because they get more fans watching them than us. They can have our best players if/when they are in a higher division than us.

It was a rhetorical question, chaddy. I don't honestly expect you to have a reality check.

No, but we used to be a well run, respected club with excellent infrastructure, that punched above its weight and was supported by a disproportionately large element of it's local population, who turned out week in and week out with passion for their club.

Now... just the embers remain - blue and white smouldering memories and ashes.

Archived