BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

haven't we cover this before? But yet again we just keep covering the same old stuff!!!

Havent we cover this? You have zero evidence of this happening.

Just the same thing different day, more speculation and rumours from you without our evidence from your side

Have a dig all you want.

You say jal is speculating but are you not speculating that rovers have spent the money on gomez graham etc and are you not speculating that coyle will spend money on 1-2 players????? Answer chaddy

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, didn't Cheston say the other day that Coyle would have some of the money to spend if Hanley or one of the big hitters was sold? Was in the 'definite possibility' interview wasn't it?

He did, but he said it would only be a percentage of the money received (or words to that effect). So, a tenner.

Wait, didn't Cheston say the other day that Coyle would have some of the money to spend if Hanley or one of the big hitters was sold? Was in the 'definite possibility' interview wasn't it?

Cheston says a lot of things.

• Backroom

Cheston says a lot of things.

Indeed. This is the same guy who publicly laid out a list of criteria for our new manager, then proceeded to hire somebody who satisfies none of them. I would take anything he says with a massive pinch of salt.

You say jal is speculating but are you not speculating that rovers have spent the money on gomez graham etc and are you not speculating that coyle will spend money on 1-2 players????? Answer chaddy

Cheston has said Some money will be spent.

Graham and Gomez was on 35k a week on Sunderland so we would have to pay most of it or at least over half of it. Plus loan fees. We made 7 signings in January we signed. So dont forget all of the cost of signing players like Agent fees, player signing on fees, wages and bonuses.

Graham and Gomez was on 35k a week on Sunderland so we would have to pay most of it or at least over half of it. Plus loan fees. We made 7 signings in January we signed. So dont forget all of the cost of signing players like Agent fees, player signing on fees, wages and bonuses.

We must have recouped around £20m in player sales, and you think that we spent that money in January?

You need help.

Don't see that as the problem but a case to move to massive club with a top class manager in Benitez and a team fighting for top 2 of this league. plus 50k fans

we aren't a club like Newcastle with a massive fan base.

Yet we had no trouble seeing off Celtic for Graham, even though they have the real possibility of CL football most seasons?

Cheston has said Some money will be spent.

And that took £9m? I find that quite hard to believe.

I doubt the money we may see from the sale of Hanley will be used for any cash buys. It'll go on loan fees, wages, signing on fees and agent fees. The rest will disappear to "service the debt". His replacement is already here in Brown, if he somehow passes a medical. If not, look to the freebie / loan list. Any rumours of cash buys are probably best ignored.

We must have recouped around £20m in player sales, and you think that we spent that money in January?

You need help.

Yet again you posted stuff ive never said.

I always said some of the money would have gone on January Transfers BUT NEVER said all!!!

Yet again you posted stuff ive never said.

I always said some of the money would have gone on January Transfers BUT NEVER said all!!!

Because you tell yourself whatever you need to preserve your perfect, blue n' white bubble. And it's nauseating.

Unless Rovers get a massive investment then selling players is the only way the club can operate. Some of our supporters have to get used to that idea. We are a selling club end of. If Hanley goes for £8m plus add ons then for me that is excellent business. The same could be said for Duffy. If he is sold at a huge profit for what we bought him for then again, its great business for the club.

We have a quality set of young players, its time to groom them on the pitch. You never know we might well have a real gem in the background because the results show that we can compete at u21/u19 and u18 levels.

While things are particulalrly bad at the moment, I have to say I've never thought of us any other way. Every since the abolition of the maximum wage and Fred Pickering going to Everton, we've been a selling club. If we sold Shearer within 15 months of him holding the Premiership trophy and Bellamy when we had Hughes managing and were pushing for Europe, I can't see us ever not being a selling club.

While things are particulalrly bad at the moment, I have to say I've never thought of us any other way. Every since the abolition of the maximum wage and Fred Pickering going to Everton, we've been a selling club. If we sold Shearer within 15 months of him holding the Premiership trophy and Bellamy when we had Hughes managing and were pushing for Europe, I can't see us ever not being a selling club.

Well we've been a selling club since Venkys turned up. We didn't "need" to be a selling club on such a grand sale, but they were sold the club with exactly that as the way forward (don't laugh).

I would also argue that none of the Prem clubs now need to sell to survive. The massive fortunes available see to that. Do Burnley need to sell to survive? They just made a profit of £30m. Thats BURNLEY.

What an awful bit of business that would be.

Overstock on wingers and then allow one of our centre backs leave making us very short on quality in the centre back positions.

Chuck Hanley's departure in and you've got a real problem on your hands.

What an awful bit of business that would be.

Overstock on wingers and then allow one of our centre backs leave making us very short on quality in the centre back positions.

Chuck Hanley's departure in and you've got a real problem on your hands.

Forget about defending, lets just attack. They score 10, we score 15. Simple ;)

Don't see that as the problem but a case to move to massive club with a top class manager in Benitez and a team fighting for top 2 of this league. plus 50k fans

we aren't a club like Newcastle with a massive fan base.

Think big.

Exactly Mani

Lol. You gullible sod.

What do you reckon Cheston and Co. told Lambert when he arrived and when he sold JR.

• Backroom

Simeon Jackson signed for Walsall - so far we have 2 strikers, if we don't find better it's a mistake not getting him in on a cheap deal

Sell rhodes sell rhodes the masses bleated,

Sell one to buy 5 they said, he is rubbish anyway they said,

Rhodes was just another in the long list of Jones, Samba, Gestede et all sold and money evaporates.

Hanley will be no different, he would be a VHS swapped for a Betamax.

Its about time some people woke up, its season upon season of down grading with the hope a freebie, a youth player will be next summers cash cow

Sell rhodes sell rhodes the masses bleated,

Sell one to buy 5 they said, he is rubbish anyway they said,

Rhodes was just another in the long list of Jones, Samba, Gestede et all sold and money evaporates.

Hanley will be no different, he would be a Betamax swapped for a VHS.

Its about time some people woke up, its season upon season of down grading with the hope a freebie, a youth player will be next summers cash cow

Fixed it for you Betamax was way better than VHS and is still in use. But the rest I agree.

Think big.

Lol. You gullible sods.

What do you reckon Cheston and Co. told Lambert when he arrived and when he sold JR.

In chaddys world he said "Nice one wee lamberty get yer chops round that £20 million on the sideboard there......Spend it wisely"

• Backroom

Simeon Jackson signed for Walsall - so far we have 2 strikers, if we don't find better it's a mistake not getting him in on a cheap deal

There's a lot of things I'll have a pop at Coyley, Cheston and Venky's for... but releasing Simeon Jackson isn't one of them. There's a reason he's signing for Walsall and before us was with Barnsley and Coventry. League One is his level and we aren't there just yet. Give it a season and then we'll reassess.

• Backroom

There's a lot of things I'll have a pop at Coyley, Cheston and Venky's for... but releasing Simeon Jackson isn't one of them. There's a reason he's signing for Walsall and before us was with Barnsley and Coventry. League One is his level and we aren't there just yet. Give it a season and then we'll reassess.

Did you ever watch him?

Not a great barely a good player but at our level could do a job, got in behind the defence often and bagged a couple of goals, decent option late in games for super cheap you would think.

Archived