BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then, so the logic goes apparently, Venkys will be forced to sell. Maybe a more effective strategy than a boycott if you want to turn Ewood into a ghost town.

Keeping Hanley is a must I feel.

Well you're going to feel distraught in that case.

Don't think the club share your view. They're trying to sell him.

Agreed. I think the position is that the Loons are no longer interested in the club, but are prepared to listen to the team on the ground who are desperately claiming there is something worth salvaging (i.e. that BRFC is a going concern) - but once there are no further assets that can be liquidated to provide working capital I fear that the BOI will foreclose.

And the arresshhoollleeess who bought the club in a deluded funk six years ago will walk away without a care.

Bring it on. I say.

The Bank of India debt accounted for approximately £20 million, with approximately another £80 million owed to the owners by way of an interest free loan.

If the issue here is that the BOI have had enough and are seeking repayment of their loans and the player sales in recent months are going towards that then surely we are reaching a stage where they have been paid off? We've raised more than £20 million in sales within the last 12 months and if Hanley and Duffy also go this summer and Rochina goes to Kazan then that will take it up towards £30 million.

Surely then we'll soon be reaching a stage where the external debt is paid off. What happens after that? Who funds the ongoing losses when there are no players left to sell and the BOI refuses to lend any more money with no chance of promotion any time soon?

Their options are slowly being exhausted. The last few years they've had the fortune of parachute money as security, a decent relationship with their bank who have seemingly been happy to fund the club and half a chance of promotion being achieved. Now we've no parachute money, have sold almost all of our valuable players, and as a result are further away from promotion than we've ever been. Sooner or later Venkys will have to either make up the shortfall out of their own pockets, which I doubt they are keen on doing, or they will have to find someone else to bankroll the club. We can't keep selling players to survive, because sooner or later those will run out, and we could have the best accountant in the world running the club and shutting down stands and the club shop, but we'll never even break even in this division, no clubs do.

A bit more speculation before the inevitable happens. Benitez wants a CB in by Wednesday. If we sell Duffy as well we're going to need at least 2. Bids are in for Marsahll apparently. Corry Evans next?

ttp://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/newcastle-united/latest-nufc-news/grant-hanley-keen-on-newcastle-move-as-blackburn-weigh-up-offers-1-8018961

If all that happened you wouldn't give us any chance of avoiding relegation would you?

Venkys want their money back.

Surprise surprise. The local paper says Hanley wants to go to Newcastle. Well they would wouldn't they? Hell go of course, but the local paper in most areas is positive about their clubs. Only in Blackburn does the non local local paper try to sell Rovers players

Surprise surprise. The local paper says Hanley wants to go to Newcastle. Well they would wouldn't they? Hell go of course, but the local paper in most areas is positive about their clubs. Only in Blackburn does the non local local paper try to sell Rovers players

The Telegraph are a disgrace. Dominated by Burnley supporting writers, clueless about the local area, unable or unwilling to ask any serious questions or put any pressure on the club, merely acting as a mouthpiece for people like Cheston to run his agenda.

They've been at it for years with Rovers, rubbing their hands with delight whenever another club shows interest in one of our players. Next up they'll be saying 6,000 season tickets is evidence of how tough it is for an unfashionable little club like Rovers to compete in this division, ignorant of the real reason people are giving up in their thousands.

Clubs don't offer for players without knowing the player is interested. That's just how it works nowadays. Hanley wants to go, Newcastle want him. It's just a waiting game.

Sadly it is all just deckchairs on the Titanic at this stage.

There'll be a documentary in 20 years time about the famous blue & white halves and how they were the first small town club to break the big club dominance of the old Premier League.. with lovely footage of Shearer and Sutton scoring for fun, Flowers showing great bottle in goal and Ripley and Handbag flying gleefully down the wing.. followed by some sad interviews with ex-players and fans all reflecting ruefully on how quickly fortunes can change, and how they miss the club. Final shots of some waste ground behind Nuttall Street, with a weed-strewn river bank in the background and fading out to sounds of the roaring crowd chanting 'Come on you Blues....."

The blood-letting began as soon as those oafs walked into the club. The pain will last long after they are well and truly gone. The memories, they will live with us for as long as we live and breathe.

Come on, you blues :(

:rover:

If all that happened you wouldn't give us any chance of avoiding relegation would you?

Venkys want their money back.

It all depends on how we replace Hanley and Duffy. I thnik we'll score more goals this season than last. We finished 9th relying on a midfield of Willowe once. Lenihan, Doyle and even Akpan are an improvement on those.

This division is competitive but not great. We underperformed last year but still comfortably avoided relegationt. If Coyle gets a good start then who knows. Even if those players i mentioned go then we still won't have the worst sqaud in the league, nowgere near.

• Backroom

Of course Hanley wants to go to Newcastle. Why wouldn't he? You'd have to be a @#/? idiot at this point to choose our sinking ship ahead of the likes of Newcastle. The only question is whether Newcastle are willing to meet Venky's demands (let's face it, their stubbornness is at this point legendary and could easily stop a deal from happening). Should a price be agreed, Hanley will be off in a matter of seconds.

The LET is merely reporting Hanley's desire to go to Newcastle with quotes from the player. What are they supposed to do? A case of shooting the messenger.

Totally agree. If the player didn't want to go he would come out and say so. Ultimately, you can't blame Hanley for wanting to go. He is a professional footballer not a Blackburn Rovers supporter. All players look to make the most of their careers and try to play at the highest level they can. Newcastle are likely to be serious contenders for promotion this season so it is only natural that would appeal to Hanley. I must admit that I've always found Paul Wheelock very supportive of the club whenever I have chatted with him.

It all depends on how we replace Hanley and Duffy. I thnik we'll score more goals this season than last. We finished 9th relying on a midfield of Willowe once. Lenihan, Doyle and even Akpan are an improvement on those.

This division is competitive but not great. We underperformed last year but still comfortably avoided relegationt. If Coyle gets a good start then who knows. Even if those players i mentioned go then we still won't have the worst sqaud in the league, nowgere near.

I admire your optimism but I can't share it. Our youngsters will get minced in this league, the squad has little cover and you think we might sell 4 of our best. Relegation in that situation.

The Bank of India debt accounted for approximately £20 million, with approximately another £80 million owed to the owners by way of an interest free loan.

If the issue here is that the BOI have had enough and are seeking repayment of their loans and the player sales in recent months are going towards that then surely we are reaching a stage where they have been paid off? We've raised more than £20 million in sales within the last 12 months and if Hanley and Duffy also go this summer and Rochina goes to Kazan then that will take it up towards £30 million.

Surely then we'll soon be reaching a stage where the external debt is paid off. What happens after that? Who funds the ongoing losses when there are no players left to sell and the BOI refuses to lend any more money with no chance of promotion any time soon?

Their options are slowly being exhausted. The last few years they've had the fortune of parachute money as security, a decent relationship with their bank who have seemingly been happy to fund the club and half a chance of promotion being achieved. Now we've no parachute money, have sold almost all of our valuable players, and as a result are further away from promotion than we've ever been. Sooner or later Venkys will have to either make up the shortfall out of their own pockets, which I doubt they are keen on doing, or they will have to find someone else to bankroll the club. We can't keep selling players to survive, because sooner or later those will run out, and we could have the best accountant in the world running the club and shutting down stands and the club shop, but we'll never even break even in this division, no clubs do.

Could be they've grabbed hold of the reigns with the overdraft to them going north of 20 mill and the guaranteed parachute income gone. A similar scenario to the trust and Barclays. Once the overdraft is paid right down they may be ok to let it build up again more cautiously if they think it can be paid down again in a few years.

Otherwise they might cap it at half of what it was and that's how we have to operate. Meanwhile the owners squabble about who's owed what from the other lendings and who owns the land its borrowed against :blink:

Totally agree. If the player didn't want to go he would come out and say so. Ultimately, you can't blame Hanley for wanting to go. He is a professional footballer not a Blackburn Rovers supporter. All players look to make the most of their careers and try to play at the highest level they can. Newcastle are likely to be serious contenders for promotion this season so it is only natural that would appeal to Hanley. I must admit that I've always found Paul Wheelock very supportive of the club whenever I have chatted with him.

Wheelcock is just another hack who is either on the Venky payroll or under orders not to upset the V's as the venkygraph is on the payroll .

Either that or is just a venkapoplogist

Wheelcock is just another hack who is either on the Venky payroll or under orders not to upset the V's as the venkygraph is on the payroll .

Either that or is just a venkapoplogist

With respect, that is absolute rubbish Abbey. Have you met the guy? Do you know anything about him? Or is it a case of anyone with a different view to you is pro-Venky's?

Isn't Wheelock part of the clubs advisors ?

Totally agree. If the player didn't want to go he would come out and say so. Ultimately, you can't blame Hanley for wanting to go. He is a professional footballer not a Blackburn Rovers supporter.

Actually, you are mistaken. If the club/coyle had come and offered him a new deal with a payrise and a target of promotion with others coming in around him...building the team around him etc, captain....he'd have signed it, he likes it here. Problem is, they haven't and are courting bids from clubs like Norwich, Newcastle, etc....he'll be sold as a commodity and nothing else. Club's fault.

Archived